Author Topic: couatl wont start  (Read 6916 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl wont start
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 04:54:14 pm »
Most of all I would hate to reinstall the simulator.

Which is why, I said:

Try to install the Content too or Uninstall/Reinstall P3D

So, first try the Content and, if you updated it with just with the Client, it's almost sure the menu is not working because of that, especially because in the last hotfix, LM switched back from Html to Scaleform menus, and installing just the hotfix might not be enough to have the Simconnect menus working.

IngvarM

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2021, 07:07:52 am »
I reinstalled the content, nothing changed. I will fly without the GSX for now. Later, when I reinstall P3D, then I will return to the GSX question. Thanks.

Massimiliano

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2021, 10:45:35 pm »
Hi my friends, today i updated my gsx and coutal is working but i can't use GSX...checking addon manager it requested to registrated my product....i did it but nothing....gsx still working on trial mode....Naturally I switched off my antivirus and run the updater with admin rights....I have fsx and windows 7.

Regards

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2021, 11:58:27 pm »
Hi my friends, today i updated my gsx and coutal is working but i can't use GSX...checking addon manager it requested to registrated my product....i did it but nothing....gsx still working on trial mode....Naturally I switched off my antivirus and run the updater with admin rights....I have fsx and windows 7.
It would have been better off to start a new thread since you have a completely different issue. In any event, you haven't said which version of GSX you're using. If you're using GSX Level 2, you need to activate both GSX and GSX Level 2.
Captain Kevin

Massimiliano

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2021, 12:11:41 am »
It would have been better off to start a new thread since you have a completely different issue. In any event, you haven't said which version of GSX you're using. If you're using GSX Level 2, you need to activate both GSX and GSX Level 2.

I biught only GSX....sincerely i think it's the last version of GSX!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2021, 04:00:09 am »
I biught only GSX....sincerely i think it's the last version of GSX!
As I said, the base version of GSX is required in order to use GSX Level 2. It's not clear what you mean by the last version of GSX.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2021, 12:18:58 pm »
I have fsx and windows 7.

From the System requirements on the GSX Product Page:

http://fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

Windows 8.1 is the minimum supported OS.

As you surely must know, normal Windows 7 support ended in January 2015 and, 5 years later, even the Extended support ended on January 2020. Which means, Windows 7 is now almost 2 years outside ANY kind of support from Microsoft.

This means, that any time we update the program to support current OS, which requires compiling the software using updated MS compilers and libraries, it's very likely it won't work anymore on legacy OS, which are now completely out of support from Microsoft.

There's just nothing we can do about it, and this won't change in the future. If anything, it will be worse so, I guess sometimes even Windows 8 support will drop, and Windows 10 will be the minimum supported OS.

IngvarM

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2021, 11:15:03 pm »
I read everything. I pressed the "airplane" icon, adjusted AFCAD for this type, but after that the GSX menu does not open.

That might be possibly caused by problem with the P3D menu *itself*, usually caused by having updated the sim with just the Client, which sometimes results in the Simconnect menu not working.

Try to install the Content too or Uninstall/Reinstall P3D using the FULL installer. No, none of your addons will require reinstalling, if you reinstall the sim in the same folder as it was before.

If I completely reinstall P3D5, do I need to reinstall the GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2021, 08:32:34 am »
If I completely reinstall P3D5, do I need to reinstall the GSX?

No, because the new installation will pickup the add-on.xml for GSX in the Documents folder, and will prompt to re-enable it on the first restart.