Author Topic: GSX stopped running I am quite confused **SOLVED**  (Read 13504 times)

spinker

GSX stopped running I am quite confused **SOLVED**
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:03:21 am »
Hello,

I am not able to get GSX to work any longer, I have been trying fora a least a month. I have no idea what has happened. But I try will to give you a discription what has been going on.

First, from time to time I will see in the upper left hand corner a message showing "GEX is loading and it will show a percentage of what is being loaded" but it never finishes.

From time to time it will tell me I should install a new version of Couatl,which I do but does not acomplish any thing.

I have done a t Couatl restart, doesn't accomplish anything.

Toay out of frustratin I De-Activated GSX thru the Addon Manager and re-purchased GSX, but still GSX does not run.

I have been to your website before as you have helped me in the past and I know you generaly want more detailed information than I am providing you. for which I am sorry.

I should have contacted you sooner for which I apologize.

But if you can help me I would apprecate it since I have enjoyed GSX for many years.

Thank You,
Larry

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:46:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX stopped running I am quite confused
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 03:13:42 am »
First, from time to time I will see in the upper left hand corner a message showing "GEX is loading and it will show a percentage of what is being loaded" but it never finishes.

Try to turn on logging in the Troubleshooting section of the settings, and let it run, then exit.

Post your %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file, perhaps you have a corrupted .BGL which is blocking the process.

From time to time it will tell me I should install a new version of Couatl,which I do but does not acomplish any thing.

Of course, a new version surely can't fix something like a corrupted scenery file.

Toay out of frustratin I De-Activated GSX thru the Addon Manager and re-purchased GSX, but still GSX does not run.

Very, very wrong. We said, many times already, there's NOTHING different regarding to how our products works, between Trial and Purchased. Do you download something different when purchasing ? Surely not, the program is not modified, not a single bit is different, when is purchased so, if there was ANY problem with the activation, it would revert to Trial mode and works normally in Trial mode.

If you have ANOTHER problem, it would affect it regardless if you are in Trial mode or not. That's why it's ALWAYS wrong to assume that, if something doesn't look right, "it must be the activation", because it's NEVER the activation! And of course, there's nothing more wrong that repurchasing without even CONTACTING US FIRST!!!

Contact me by email, to arrange a refund for the 2nd purchase, please.

spinker

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 04:59:12 pm »
Thank you for your prompt reply.

Can you help me to find the "troubleshooting section of the settings"
I am really lost on this.

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 06:13:35 pm »
Can you help me to find the "troubleshooting section of the settings"

Under the "Couatl powered product", select "GSX Settings", then Troubleshooting, and enable logging, then restart FSX.

spinker

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 09:19:07 pm »
Hello,

I hope this is the file you are looking for:

"couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
log started on Fri May 09 14:27:12 2014"

The reply files said  
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (20000 characters).

Should I send the info in 2 parts

NOTE I have simconnect but I am not sure if my settings are correct (see below)

Scope   Global
Protocol   IPv4
Port    9017
Address  192.168.0.2
Disabled   False
MaxClients   64

For now,

Larry

couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
log started on Fri May 09 14:27:12 2014

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Loading addons
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
bglmanx list contains 20 AddOn(s)
Loading addon OHareX
Addon OHareX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KDFW
Addon KDFW not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon LSGG
Addon LSGG loaded
Loading addon GSX
Initializing audio...
Available devices:
  Generic Software on Speakers (High Definition Audio Device) (47656e6572696320536f667477617265206f6e20537065616b65727320284869676820446566696e6974696f6e20417564696f2044657669636529)
  Generic Software on Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) (47656e6572696320536f667477617265206f6e204469676974616c20417564696f2028532f504449462920284869676820446566696e6974696f6e20417564696f2044657669636529)
Created OpenAL device: Generic Software on Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

Device info:
   Major version: 1
   Minor version: 1
   Frequency: 44100
   Refresh: 40
   Sync: 0
   Mono sources: 255
   Stereo sources: 1
   Extensions: ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT ALC_ENUMERATION_EXT ALC_EXT_CAPTURE ALC_EXT_EFX

Context info:
   Vendor: Creative Labs Inc.
   Version: 1.1
   Renderer: Software
   Extensions: EAX EAX2.0 EAX3.0 EAX4.0 EAX5.0 EAX3.0EMULATED EAX4.0EMULATED AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE

Using EFX 1.0 extension, with 1 auxiliary send(s)
Using EAX reverb
Current sim directory is E:/FSX
Looking for scenery.cfg in C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/FSX/scenery.cfg
  using Scenery/World/scenery (layer 1)
  using Scenery/BASE/scenery (layer 2)
  using ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_AEC/scenery (layer 3)
  using Scenery/0000/scenery (layer 4)
  using Scenery/0001/scenery (layer 5)
  using Scenery/0002/scenery (layer 6)
  using Scenery/0003/scenery (layer 7)
  using Scenery/0004/scenery (layer 8)
  using Scenery/0005/scenery (layer 9)
  using Scenery/0006/scenery (layer 10)
  using Scenery/0007/scenery (layer 11)
  using Scenery/0100/scenery (layer 12)
  using Scenery/0101/scenery (layer 13)
  using Scenery/0102/scenery (layer 14)
  using Scenery/0103/scenery (layer 15)
  using Scenery/0104/scenery (layer 16)
  using Scenery/0105/scenery (layer 17)
  using Scenery/0106/scenery (layer 18)
  using Scenery/0107/scenery (layer 19)
  using Scenery/0200/scenery (layer 20)
  using Scenery/0201/scenery (layer 21)
  using Scenery/0202/scenery (layer 22)
  using Scenery/0203/scenery (layer 23)
  using Scenery/0204/scenery (layer 24)
  using Scenery/0205/scenery (layer 25)
  using Scenery/0206/scenery (layer 26)
  using Scenery/0207/scenery (layer 27) using C:/COMLarry

Part 1

Shall I send continued info in another reply?

Larry
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:26:15 pm by spinker »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 11:19:33 pm »

The reply files said  
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (20000 characters).

Should I send the info in 2 parts

ZIP the Log file and attach the .ZIP file instead.

spinker

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 05:04:44 am »
I hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks for your patience

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 09:50:14 am »
Your log doesn't show any problems. Why you think GSX is not working ? Please, describe the problem.

spinker

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 06:48:07 am »
Hello,

I will try to give you some examples.

In FSX  I have  a preset startup situation that I have used for many years (always set for KLCI) I have always been able to start GSX in this location and others faithfully for years.
GSX started to not respond recently I cant say exactly when GSX stopped responding to the shift/F12 command since I do not use GSX every time I use Flight Simulator. But now shift/F12 it does not bring up a menu, it does not respond at all.

Occasionly I will see in the upper left hand corner that GSX is loading an showing a persentage of loading but never finishes and GEX does still does not respond to my shift/F12 command.

Occasionly I will see a message that I should upgrade Couatl. Surprisingly this morning when I started FSX I did get the upgrade message so I can give you some info about what it does when I agree to the upgrade.

A COUATL UPATE IS AVAILABLE (below are the choices).

!. down load and install the update.
2. read the list of changes
3. ignore the update

After I choose to download and update a message (below appears) showing a couple of what is being updated I chose to only show acouple for example.

COUATL LIVE UPDATE RELEASE NOTES
Update date: 12-Mag-2014 4:49 PM
Improved visibility of ground markings and taxilights at KDFW
May 3rd
Support for Flightbeam KDEN (etc)

I choose #1. then i get
READY TO INSTALL

I dont rember if it was before or after the install procedure showing files being loaded I get message below.

"there was a problem updating some FSX fies please try again later".

I say ok then the mesage below.

there was a problem updating some Couatl plugins please try again later.

then it says restart couatl

I do and still no GSX.

Larry

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 06:51:24 am by spinker »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 09:20:12 am »
GSX started to not respond recently I cant say exactly when GSX stopped responding to the shift/F12 command since I do not use GSX every time I use Flight Simulator. But now shift/F12 it does not bring up a menu, it does not respond at all.

That's because Shift+F12 never controls GSX in the first place. It's CTRL+Shift+F12 or CTRL+F12 and, if you tried to reassign one of these to Shift+F12, it won't work, because that key is already taken.

Occasionly I will see in the upper left hand corner that GSX is loading an showing a persentage of loading but never finishes and GEX does still does not respond to my shift/F12 command.

Assuming that it's CTRL+Shift+F12, it's just normal you can't use GSX while it's still regenerating its cache. This doesn't happen randomly, it will happen every time you install a new scenery, or change the Scenery Library in any way, like reordering or turning on/off areas.

Occasionly I will see a message that I should upgrade Couatl. Surprisingly this morning when I started FSX I did get the upgrade message so I can give you some info about what it does when I agree to the upgrade.

That's normal too, updates comes and, it's not really surprising they do...that's why there's the release notes.

I dont rember if it was before or after the install procedure showing files being loaded I get message below.

"there was a problem updating some FSX fies please try again later".

I say ok then the mesage below.

there was a problem updating some Couatl plugins please try again later.

Try to download and install the latest Stand-Alone Manager that, in addition of all the updated files, it installs the *UPDATER* program itself.

This because, we had to change one of the two randomly-selected at start update servers which was down so, you were just unlucky to get the one that was down (if you just tried it again, it would eventually get the good one), but the new updater runs on different servers which are both working now, so you shouldn't see that message and the update should then continue normally.

spinker

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 06:23:08 pm »
Thank you for your replys,

I have corrected the startup command from Shift/F12 to Control/Shift/F12.still no GSX.

Now I would like to try the new Stand Alone Manger. Can you tell me where I can find this new program. I have tried to find it but not found.

Cant tell you how much I appreciate your help.

Larry

jevon

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 11:17:05 pm »

Now I would like to try the new Stand Alone Manger. Can you tell me where I can find this new program.

The Standalone Addon Manager download is at the bottom of this page: http://fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html
- Jev McKee
i7-2600k @4.8GHz | Asus P8P67 Pro rev 3.1 | eVGA GTX580 DS 1.5G | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | Antec Kuhler 920
Crucial M4 512G/256G SSDs | Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Throttle Quad | WIN7-64 Pro | FSX Acceleration | AS2012 | REX-ESS

spinker

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 01:22:51 am »
I  really really don't want to mess this up.

On the page you recommended I choose to download FSX AddonManager

Takes me too Welcome to VIRTUALI ADDON MANAGER setup Wizard (does not allow me to download) I choose to install.

during this install process of Standalone Addon I get a message:

"setup was unable to automatically close all applications. It is recommended that you close all applications using files that need to be updated by setup before continuing.
This appears to be the application to be closed...... "Couatlâ„¢ Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP"

My choices
Click to retry again, Ignore, to proceed anyway or abort, to cancel installation. I choose Automatically close applications.

it brings me back to "setup was unable to etc"  (revolving door)

so I abort what, to do now???

so sorry with all these questions.

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 10:53:08 am »
"setup was unable to automatically close all applications. It is recommended that you close all applications using files that need to be updated by setup before continuing. This appears to be the application to be closed...... "Couatlâ„¢ Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP"

It seems that for some reason the Couatl.exe program was still running when you launched the installer. Very likely, you launched the installer to quickly after having quit from FSX, not giving it enough time to close all other running programs.

A Windows restart would surely fix this.

spinker

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 05:58:07 pm »
Hello,

I am sorry to say that after the installation completed there was no GSX.
I have kept several messages that came up during the installation (see below)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"C:\Users\larry\appdata\roaming\microsofr\FSX\dll.xml Error on line 1,
switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported
Your C:\sers\larry\appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX\dll.xml fike has not been modified
by this installer."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"new message:
since your dll.xml was already corrupted, do you want to create a new one?
yes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a  new and correct dll.xml has been created Your old file has been renamed as:
C:\users\larry\appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX \dll.xml.addonmanager.xml"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"COMPLETING
this will install; Virtuali addon managerX version 2.9.0.20 on your computer recommended close all other applications
click
Next to continue
response

adding additional files
the default vehicles_airport.bgl has been patched to remove the pushback and renamed as vehicles_airport.GSX, it will be restored automaticly
when uninstalling GSX
completing
click finish  to exit"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess I wil not get GSX back again but I have run into a couple of additional problems that I will mention to you although they may be problems beyond your control.
1. It seems that several addons that I had have been removed from FSX  I guess I will have to try to find them again.
2. I am no longer able to access the FSdreamteam forum using my normal password and info I am immediatly redirected to a facebook page saying

Sorry, this page isn't available
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

I can get in using the message in your email correspondance. I dont know how to get in using my email address and password since obviously they are recognized
and I am re-directed to the facebook page.

If there is any information that I have provided that may be helpfull to you, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you for your patience

Larry