Author Topic: KFLL Scenery not loading.  (Read 4520 times)

rgbalzaretti

KFLL Scenery not loading.
« on: January 20, 2014, 03:42:34 pm »
The KFLL Airport scenery does not fully load at startup time. For example, while my plane is at the
S PARKING 34 area, the cars parked in the parking building behind can be seen in up in the air since the building itself is off. Only if I keep  re-install the add on manager is when the full airport scenery comes back alive again and, of course, that parking building can be seen then. I am running KFLL v1.2 along with the latest add on manager software from your library site.
I have tried moving up and down on the scenery library the location for KFLL thinking that perhaps the location could be the cause of it with no changes. The scenery still loads incomplete.
Could you guide me through to trouble shoot and fix this problem?
Many thanks,
Balzaretti

P3D v1.4
ORBX FTX GLOBAL 101
GSX Ground Services
KJFK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KFLL Scenery not loading.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:14:35 pm »
Your message is not very clear: are you missing ALL buildings, or just some ?

rgbalzaretti

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 04:54:12 am »
Hello Umberto,
Thank you for your reply. It just turned to be that MegaScenryEearth-Florida was responsible for not letting the whole KFLL scenery to properly load and show. I experimented with the KFLL location in the scenery library and discovered that if I put it on top of MegaSceneryEarth in the scenery library hiarchy, the problem I had would disappear completely. Once I moved KFLL up, everything showed up the way it should, buildings, parked vehicles, etc.
I am sorry I pushed the panic button to soon. I should have experimented a bit more before bothering this forum with such simple problem to solve.
Again, thank you for your help.
R. George Balzaretti   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 01:33:19 pm »
I experimented with the KFLL location in the scenery library and discovered that if I put it on top of MegaSceneryEarth in the scenery library hiarchy, the problem I had would disappear completely. Once I moved KFLL up, everything showed up the way it should, buildings, parked vehicles, etc.

Well, that's why our installers will always put the airport on top of the Scenery Library. As a general rule, a scenery that covers a smaller area should always be on top of sceneries covering larger areas.

Which means, if you install something that covers an area larger than an airport, *after* the airport, and its installer also put it on top of it, you will have to move it down, after all your airports.