Author Topic: GSX Folder empty, and on Airport lots of Invisible Cars?  (Read 3920 times)

flyingpilot

GSX Folder empty, and on Airport lots of Invisible Cars?
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:09:14 am »
Hey there!

First of all, I'll try to use Prepar3D.
I have installed my ZürichX and GSX in my Prepar3D. This works.
But, my GSX Folder in APPDATA is empty??? and on the Airport it looks like as there a lots of invisible ghost cars :D

Is this normal o.O?

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Folder empty, and on Airport lots of Invisible Cars?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37:50 am »
But, my GSX Folder in APPDATA is empty???

That's normal, that folder only stores you custom config for airplanes and sceneries. If you haven't customized anything yet, the folder will be empty.

and on the Airport it looks like as there a lots of invisible ghost cars

That looks like a video driver problem. They are not GSX vehicles, they seems to be the one that come with the scenery.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Loockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.CFG file, to have P3D rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the Prepar3D.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too, that's the only setting that really needs to be applied.

flyingpilot

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:05:33 am »
That looks like a video driver problem. They are not GSX vehicles, they seems to be the one that come with the scenery.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).
Tryed, Vehicles are present (They are called FSDT.....)

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.
Drivers are up to date

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Loockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.CFG file, to have P3D rebuild a new one with default settings
Also tryed, Vehicles are present.

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the Prepar3D.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too, that's the only setting that really needs to be applied.

Is set
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:14:15 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 11:37:19 am »
I've checked and, it's all normal, it's not a scenery problem or a GSX problem. There are no "ghosts", what you are seeing are just labels related to objects that are seen correctly, both the scenery Docking systems and the GSX vehicles, the labels are placed on ground, so they seem to be related to invisible objects, but they aren't.

It's just a P3D bug, that shows aircraft labels even for objects programmatically created with Simconnect, even if they are not of the aircraft type. You would think if the setting says "Aircraft labels", non-aircraft objects shouldn't be displayed, and of course this is how FSX behaves. P3D displays labels for every object, even if it's a ground object.

We reported this bug to LM a while ago, can only hope they'll fix it in the next version. In the meantime, you can simply disable the Display Aircraft Labels options in the Traffic settings.

flyingpilot

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 01:00:23 pm »
Hey!

Thanks for the Info :)