Author Topic: AES support?  (Read 51988 times)

Thralni

Re: AES support?
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 10:45:41 pm »
Somewhere I read something about a special file for FlyTampa's Hong Kong, which is why I thought ParkMe would work at other places also. Sorry, my bad!

I didn't know you can use AES for jetways only. I mean, the stairs and all that will also move to the plane if the jetway moves to the plane...

firehawk44

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 11:19:53 pm »
I am so very happy you are NOT using AES to move the jetways.  I do not think AES is a finished product and it requires a lot of work which I don't think the developer wants to do.  It took a long time for him to make it compatible for KSFO.  The vehicles he uses to ferry passengers, like the busses, or pick up/deliver luggage have European markings and that doesn't look very good here in the good ole USA.  Kudos for giving us moving jetways with this excellent product!!

Best regards,
Jim

Thralni

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 01:04:35 am »
I am so very happy you are NOT using AES to move the jetways.  I do not think AES is a finished product and it requires a lot of work which I don't think the developer wants to do.  It took a long time for him to make it compatible for KSFO.  The vehicles he uses to ferry passengers, like the busses, or pick up/deliver luggage have European markings and that doesn't look very good here in the good ole USA.  Kudos for giving us moving jetways with this excellent product!!

Best regards,
Jim

That it took look to get it compatible with KSFO was not, I think, because of him, but because of the impedning release of v2.0. When it was released, AES support came very quickly.

NZEddy

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 01:17:58 am »
This is why I'm getting FSDT GSX! It works with ALL airports for FSX and other cool stuff!  ;D

mwilk19

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 01:21:12 am »
Is it going to work with ALL airports or Default and FSDT airports?
Regards,
Mike W.

2600K@4.6 GHZ,Asus P8P67,8GB Mushkin redline DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX480, Noctua NH-D14,NZXT Phantom case,Windows 7 Home Premium X64

duckbilled

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 01:34:15 am »

Best regards,
Jim

That it took look to get it compatible with KSFO was not, I think, because of him, but because of the impedning release of v2.0. When it was released, AES support came very quickly.

Right. For the most part, if the files are sent to Oliver, they will be implemented within 6 weeks or so. It really is amazing that for so long, Oliver has delivered an update every six to eight weeks. I will agree, however, that the development time and the fact that airports are developed at Oliver's discretion limit AES. I know there is a lot of controversy over LatinVFR and Oliver isn't developing for it right now. With GSX, it will work at their airports. Not to mention all of the airports that AES will never developed that still need ground services. Virtually all airports that do not have jetways will never be developed by AES so that leaves a lot of room for both products to coexist.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 10:05:08 am »

It will work with all FSDT airports, for free.

It will work with any other FSX airports (both default or 3rd party) if purchased.

KingCat

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 01:04:23 pm »

It will work with all FSDT airports, for free.

It will work with any other FSX airports (both default or 3rd party) if purchased.

But if a 3rd party airport does not have moving jetways, GSX is not going to make them movable, right?

Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 01:31:22 pm »
But if a 3rd party airport does not have moving jetways, GSX is not going to make them movable, right?

That's what we always said, right from the start when GSX was first announced: GSX it's an FSX-only product, and we believe that a proper FSX scenery should at least support what FSX offers even in its default airports, which includes moving jetways.

What's wrong, really ? It seems that without adding moving jetways, there's nothing left for GSX to add. There are many services that GSX will add at ALL airports, including 3rd party, which makes it worth using.

And, of course, we are discussing just the initial release.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:48:14 pm by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 02:52:11 pm »
It seems that without adding moving jetways, there's nothing left for GSX to add.

How long after the initial release can we expect to wait for the moving jetwats?  If it isn't this year, why not reconsider sending LAX to Oliver?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2011, 02:57:54 pm »
How long after the initial release can we expect to wait for the moving jetwats?

Since we don't even know the initial release date now, it's even more difficult to give an estimate for upgrades.

If it isn't this year, why not reconsider sending LAX to Oliver?

As I've said, we'll support AES if we manage to do an FS9 version, which is something more tangible and concrete right now, rather than a future GSX update.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:59:39 pm by virtuali »

Dimon

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 03:15:46 pm »
How long after the initial release can we expect to wait for the moving jetwats?

Since we don't even know the initial release date now, it's even more difficult to give an estimate for upgrades.

If it isn't this year, why not reconsider sending LAX to Oliver?

As I've said, we'll support AES if we manage to do an FS9 version, which is something more tangible and concrete right now, rather than a future GSX update.

That's the music to my ears, Umberto. Thank you a million times.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

aircanadajet

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 05:31:53 pm »
With so many people commenting right and left I am so confused! AES: are the additional features that are added to the simulation like: boarding, cargo loaders, catering trucks. GSX: the same but better..... Right? The whole jetway issue is a completely different subject that is controlled outside AES or GSX? so basically FSDT is working on a better way to make the jetway attach to the airplane....? Yet at the moment jetways are working on KLAX? but not how they ate supposed to be? Please someone clarify.

duckbilled

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 07:34:07 pm »
After thinking about this for a bit, I think there may be a clash between GSX and AES. I think it will be easy to overcome but it would require cooperation between Umberto and Oliver. I also think cooperation will be necessary because people that like AES will like GSX. I bet most will want to use them together and pick the best parts of each utility. I also don't think GSX will replace AES because of the current jetway issue, the fact that a lot of people have invested in AES credits and the probable release of AES NG. The good news is I bet a lot of people will buy both.

The clash - with AES, the marshallers and baggage loaders automatically appear when you set the parking brake and stop the engines. If you are using both GSX and AES at an airport and you want to use the GSX marshaller and baggage loaders but the AES jetways, you will end up with duplicates. Right now, the only way I know to stop the AES baggage loaders is to remove the cargo doors from the intelliscene file. If both GSX and AES use the same imtelliscene file, you would be deactivating the cargo doors for both utilities.

Oliver can overcome this by adding all AES functions to their options window.

SK-1323

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2011, 11:44:27 pm »
Dear all,

Once upon a time I bought cloud9 KLAX hoping it get AESed some day. Unfortunately this never happened. In fact I never flew into cloud9 KLAX. An abandoned installation.
And now, years later and after a late move to FSX, the same thing again with KLAX?

What a disappointment!

Until now,  I purchased every single airport from FSDT and I admire your work. You are the best.
But without AES it is a showstopper for me too. And an improved GSX cannot be expected soon.

Therefore, I would kindly encourage you, Umberto and the FSDreamteam, to re-consider the AES issue.
This would be highly appreciated.

Have a nice day

Goetz

With all due respect, Umberto, he makes a good point and i do agree with him. GSX sounds like a very promissing product and i'm truly looking forward to it, especially after seeing the trailer for it. I've allready purchased KLAX and i was very impressed with it, though finding out later on that it may not be supported by AES is a little bit dissappointing. (yes, i know it's my own fault for not checking that before the purchase, however i don't regret buying it)

I know you have said that GSX is not far away, but to be fair we have heard this Soon(TM) many times before from many developers and "Soon" usually becomes a bit longer than that, this also considering that GSX won't support moving gates in the initial release, means that it's most likely will take some time before we'll see the gates lining up perfectly with the aircraft door(s).

At least, i (and probably many other customers) would be very grateful if you considered looking into the AES support, even if you don't make an FS9 version of KLAX