Author Topic: MEGASCENERY X - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA  (Read 11964 times)

reinergu

MEGASCENERY X - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
« on: September 17, 2011, 12:55:50 pm »
Hi,

I just have a question if your KLAX Scenery and above scenery would work well together, of if there're any known problems? I'd like 2 buy both...

greetings. :)

Raymond Bunk

Re: MEGASCENERY X - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 12:56:47 pm »
works fine for me!! ;D

reinergu

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 01:40:17 pm »
Great 2 read that. :)

simon747

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 01:53:12 pm »
works for me as well:)  No problems:)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 02:11:22 pm »
Before you buy Megascenery, try Tile Proxy.  You get the same photoreal scenery, and its open source freeware.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

GaiaAero

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 04:31:45 pm »
Words cannot explain how happy I am. I've been looking for photoreal scenery that was free for ages! Thank you x10000
 ;D

member111222

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 06:20:26 pm »
I would love to get a patch for Megascenery Socal and FSdt KLAX, because at ocean side it doesnt blend very smooth into Megascenery. In front of the airport the break water at the beach was removed. It might be less than a mile. Not a real problem to put a texture on top for a scenery designer. I would do it myself, but I don't know how scenery design works. Any chance for an update there? 8)

david roch

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 01:40:39 am »
Yes, I'd love to purchase KLAX and I have the same problem with Megascenery X as you can see on the screen.
Any fix/help would be very much appreciated.

David
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:43:41 am by david roch »

phenocom

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 09:01:44 pm »
This Tile Proxy that you speak of is satellite photoreal scenery which does not even begin to compare with the aerial photos that are used to make the new Megascenery X Socal the resolution is so much better.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 10:23:52 pm »
May be higher resolution, but satellite images are more accurate... and since TileProxy downloads them on the fly, you always get the most current photos used as your terrain.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 07:40:51 am »
This Tile Proxy that you speak of is satellite photoreal scenery which does not even begin to compare with the aerial photos that are used to make the new Megascenery X Socal the resolution is so much better.

The big plus to me with MegaSceneryX Soca or any of the MSX linel is that it has night textures, which tile proxy or any satellite feed doesn't offer. Of course thats fine if you only fly in the day time, but in that case I would just buy the Sim Saavy line that covers the whole US.

Wish that they had never ditched the MegaSceneryX line of products in favor of MSE. While MSE is not bad in some areas, it's not usually as nicely done as MS or MSX was.

member111222

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 01:19:29 am »

The big plus to me with MegaSceneryX Soca or any of the MSX linel is that it has night textures, which tile proxy or any satellite feed doesn't offer. Of course thats fine if you only fly in the day time, but in that case I would just buy the Sim Saavy line that covers the whole US.

Wish that they had never ditched the MegaSceneryX line of products in favor of MSE. While MSE is not bad in some areas, it's not usually as nicely done as MS or MSX was.
Have to agree. MS Socal in my opinion is the best what you can get in terms of image quality. Combine MS Socal with UTX night lighting, UT FS9 conversion night lighting, FSDT KLAX and PMDG NGX (of course you have to put autogen slider to sparse) and be amazed. ;D 

dsflyerds

• Beta tester
    • Virtual Aviation Experience
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 03:00:17 am »
Before you buy Megascenery, try Tile Proxy.  You get the same photoreal scenery, and its open source freeware.

Tile proxy takes alot of bandwidth to use and its not the most frame friendly. And sat imagery is not always up to date. Not to mention it removes all the buildings from the autogen.

david roch

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 07:08:01 pm »
Umberto, could you please see if you can provide us with a solution/patch?
We can't expect any move from Megascenery staff, they stopped providing support for their products.
Thanks.

david roch

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 04:54:50 pm »
It looks like nobody follows this thread.
Pity.