Author Topic: FSDT KMIA Question  (Read 7885 times)

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
FSDT KMIA Question
« on: January 28, 2011, 03:22:47 am »
Hello FSDT, I was stumbling upon Intersim's Website "MIA Designers as well and I was wondering if this mystery team may be your company that is in negotiations for a completed 3d model,

"Well ,, let me give you a tip,,, we are in a negotiation with another big company in this market about KMIA,, so we have all the airport in 3d and one part is texturized but they want buy our product and we are in conversations now,,,,but for the mean time i can recomend you to use the fly tampa version,, it works on both fs,,, thanks"

Signed curious and impatient LOL

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
Re: FSDT KMIA Question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 04:14:38 am »
Sorry to tell you, but that is old news.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

VX4ever

• Next Stop Los Angeles Intl Airport
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 05:21:25 am »
Sorry to tell you, but that is old news.

Can you please let me know when this was addressed by VIRTUALAI or where, just a kind curiosity.

Deltalpha

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 02:27:46 am »
Not sure what Umberto said about it...but:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4054.0

The other company they are working with is Taxi2gate. Can't wait for this one!

777captain

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 09:26:00 pm »

Are you saying it's FSDT & T2G/Intersim? If so, I CANNNNTTT WAIIIT!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 09:35:03 pm »
We aren't involved in any way with that project.

777captain

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 12:03:55 am »

:D okay. I can't wait for FSDT KMIA!!!!

Jet22

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 02:34:16 am »
I think FSDT dont going to relase any KMIA scenery because intersimstudios and T2G are going to relase KMIA like in 45 days with AES compatibility. So i think that FSDT doesnt need to relase a KMIA scenery

777captain

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 03:36:56 am »
I swear to god, if Intersim makes a *CENSORED* version of KMIA, I will be pissed as they would have butchered MIA's chance of being done by a good company. To be honest, I hope that FSDT keeps on doing MIA, as I will buy theirs over Intersim. Also, many FS airports have been done by 2 developers and then AES'd

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 06:07:53 am »
I swear to god, if Intersim makes a *CENSORED* version of KMIA, I will be pissed as they would have butchered MIA's chance of being done by a good company. To be honest, I hope that FSDT keeps on doing MIA, as I will buy theirs over Intersim. Also, many FS airports have been done by 2 developers and then AES'd

LOL, I was thinking the same thing that you just said.

However, Umberto has already mentioned a few times that just because another developer does an airport doesn't mean that they wont due it as well, case in point BluePrint KDFW. However, FSDT probably wouldn't duplicate an airport that a devloper like FlyTampa or ORBX does since the quality would probably be so good by them that another rendition wouldn't make sense.

Having said that, I would imagine that it depends on what type of airport Intersim turns out for KMIA. If it ends up being some type of masterpiece, or something with quality along the lines of what FlyTampa does and it gets good FPS, then my guess is that FSDT would probably skip KMIA and start on another airport.

Personally, I have no idea what to expect from the Intersim version since I dont own anything that they have made or am very familiar with any of their other work. I wish them well, but personally I am hoping for an FSDT release as well, because frankly as much as I like FlyTampa and other developers stuff, I don't think that ANY developer can match what FSDT can do as far as optimization of large hubs to make them perform well. Case in point, I get about 10 more FPS at FSDT's KDFW than I do with the default version, and thats with a lot more detail in the FSDT version. Same could be said about all the other FSDT airports I own.

All we can do is sit back and wait 45 days and see what they turn out at Intersim. Plus, I would imagine FSDT still needs to finish KLAX and the last Hawaiian package they are currently working on before they either confirm or deny that they are doing KMIA.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 06:09:51 am by cmpbllsjc »

Mike...

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 07:14:48 pm »
http://intersimstudios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=94

That's not old news. I'm not familiar with either company, so it's definitely a wait and see, but I think it'd be hard not to improve on the FlyTampa version, which looks dated and is slightly out of date as far as buildings are concerned, etc... If they accomplish that and not make it look like a BluePrint scenery, I don't see anyone else touching it.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 07:24:13 pm »
but I think it'd be hard not to improve on the FlyTampa version

Yeah, I'd hope that's the case.  FlyTampa's Miami was originally designed for FS2002, IIRC.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 05:43:18 pm »
Well, they released some pictures of the Miami city senery and I must say, I am damn impressed. The real thing to see will be the airport they are working on. If he airport isn't up to par, I will just try to find a way to merge their city with FSDT KMIA. So I still may wind up buying both... But y'all got to see their screenshots of Miami. The approach into MIA is going to be awesome!  :)

Deltalpha

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 12:32:38 am »

Are you saying it's FSDT & T2G/Intersim? If so, I CANNNNTTT WAIIIT!!!

Sorry if what I said made it sound like all three companies were working together. LOL