Author Topic: Sludge Hornet Modification v1.2 RELEASED  (Read 44282 times)

Razgriz

Re: Sludge Hornet Modification v1.2 RELEASED
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 10:24:56 pm »
Fixed installer (if installer worked previously, no need to re-download and re-install)
<URL removed because of malfunctioning installer>
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:40:32 pm by Razgriz »

wilycoyote4

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 04:18:52 am »
5.0 Gs consistant at 13,000 feet at 335 KTAS FUEL 80%

1st flight

I see it available on flightsim with well over 300 downloads.
Glad to see a new thread for 1.2.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 04:37:27 am by wilycoyote4 »

skimmer

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 05:36:58 am »
Nice work and great results. I am finaly getting some hrs in sludge harnet and liking it more and more :)

wilycoyote4

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 07:45:14 am »
75 degrees nose steering, nice, proper carrier performance
Just love that Marine VFMA-323 paint, I'd like to write my name in that grime, eh.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:07:23 pm by wilycoyote4 »

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 05:41:39 pm »
Mickey...

No problem.  Its exactly as Duncan said, you are FREE to change anything you want, within the bounds of not altering a gauge I got from someone else (ie. JR/Printz HUD, Serge's sound pack) without asking those guys first.  But yes, if there is a different setup you want in the PANEL.CFG and you know how to do it.  Fire away, you are more than welcome to do it.  Questions/requests like these just let me know I did my job in getting people passionate and active in the default/Sludge Hornet again.  She is really a fun girl with alot of flight hours left in her.  Can you guys think of what ALL OF US wouldve done, if they wouldve let US be the creative/realism advisory team for the default Hornet?!

Wily...

Ask Ray Gagnon how to do it.  He might have a "template" Grunge Sludge paint without my name or anybody else's, then you can just add the name w/Photoshop or whatever program you use.  Once you get it, if youre not sure how to add it to the Sludge let me know, Ill help you out.

As Im just getting back to the computer after a FANTASTIC COLLEGE FOOTBALL weekend Id like to know what everyone thinks of the new paints?  Personally, I really like the NEW NASA paint, and the VMFA-323 CAG paint.

However, this is a BAD CREDIT OMISSION that I have no quick public rectification other than posting online here, but the VMFA-323 CAG paint was done by JJ Guerra (Microbrewst).  Sorry I missed that JJ, as your paint is now amonst my favorites and I really like your "new engine" inner turkey feathers.

Later
Sludge

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 05:48:25 pm »
....Personally, I really like the NEW NASA paint......

I love the New NASA paint too. Almost 90% of my flight hours have been logged flying that paint, lol.

IRONDAN

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 08:23:27 pm »
VMFA-323 IS AWSOME! But it will be nice to have those old school Marine sqn like VMFA-451 WARLORDS and VMFA-531 GREY GHOSTS.

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 09:53:31 pm »
The new "Sludge Hornet" is great; I managed to nail the three wire on the first go ;D Many thank to you Sludge and all the folks that have put so much of their time and talent into this great release.

In regards to the question of having one's name placed on the "Grunge Hornet", drop me an email at svicar@live.ca and I would be most happy to see what I can do for you, (or any of my other repaints for that matter).

Also I just wanted to say that in regards to the VMFA-323 CAG paint by JJ Guerra, that repaint is a work of art and you are one talented so and so. First rate work!
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

wilycoyote4

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 10:24:37 pm »
Sludge---

Just a thought on realism to use a finger to put a name, message, or initials in grime.  I'll guess it was done for real.  I once wrote my initials on a greasey grimey Mi-24 Hind sitting on a ramp.  Had to find a few inches of space because the grimey coating was covered in words, etc., although there was plenty of slimey grime.  That was 15 years ago as I guess although other examples come to mind, lol.

Just me having too much fun.

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2010, 11:35:22 pm »
All this discussion of paint schemes has reminded me of the 'Centennial of USN NavAv' Hornet paint scheme (or maybe just one example of many - I'm not sure):

http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/index.php?topic=21468.0

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/5024792802_3b7299ce71_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/5024792616_3ee5069fb8_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4084/5024861910_ae1fa0b00e_b.jpg

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 11:37:57 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

IRONDAN

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 01:11:16 am »
Hey guys , On my UFC panel I always have those big round numbers, How can I get back the real original fonts for those number ?

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 06:35:11 am »
CAPT...

The basis for "Sludge" came from my days in AWACS training.  Every morning I would bring in some type of nasty Micky D's or Burger king fast food for breakfast.  Well, the other fellas would see this and say:  "look at him wolf down that sludge".  Then it became "sludge... its what I eat and what pumps thru my veins."  Nowadays I eat better but the name stuck and I like it.

SPAZ....

That paint is HARD on the eyes.  OUCH.

IRON...

I may check that out.  What are you talking about when you say "original fonts"?  You mean from the built in VC UFC panel?  Those LED fonts?  Or do you mean from the original UFC gauge that Serge made?

To ALL....

Im working on getting all the Sludge mods put into the CAPT SIM Delta Hornet.  So far, going real well, should have an instruction sequence for doing this up soon.

Later
Sludge

IRONDAN

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 08:27:23 pm »
The led font

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 08:57:30 pm »
Dan...

OK, cool.  Id default to Serge and ask him for help, as its his gauge and he knows the exact inner workings of it.  If he is busy with something else, let me know, and Ill give it a whirl.

Later
Sludge

IRONDAN

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 09:10:45 pm »
THANKS A LOT.