Author Topic: Sludge Hornet Modification v1.2 RELEASED  (Read 44281 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Sludge Hornet Modification v1.2 RELEASED
« on: October 23, 2010, 03:37:55 am »
Fellas...

The Sludge Hornet v1.2 has been released.  Much thanks to Razgriz for his work on the installer; of course Serge for his work on the gauges, sound updates, and ideas; JR for his HUD and the Refueling gauge, many ideas, and reality checks.  Also, thanks to all the forum members for their feedback during the testing phase.  There were some effect exclusions (ie.Chaff/Flares) that just could NOT be done in a decent amount of time, so in the interests of playability, I decided to forgo them 'til I get a better working knowledge of .XML's and effects altogether.  Don't worry, its still going to happen, just farther down the road.

Anyway, the .zip contains an installer with the following features:
- Coded from scratch for optimization
- Checks for FSX & FSX Acceleration to be installed
- Checks for previous Sludge Hornet installations
- Deletes any previous Sludge Hornet installations (if any)
- Installs new effects, gauges, and airplanes

Hope you enjoy this latest (but not last) iteration.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bux10ccoafelwa1

Thanks
Sludge

Orion

Re: Sludge Hornet Modification v1.2 RELEASED
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 04:44:54 am »
Are there files available for manual install?

Razgriz

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 04:49:02 am »
Why do you need a manual install?  The filesize is almost 85mb (double the installer's), too.

Orion

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 04:55:27 am »
Only want the Sludge Hornet Basic.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 05:13:58 am »
Orion...

Its simple.  Run the installer and delete the SludgeFA18_FX folder in SIMOBJECTS/AIRPLANES.

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 05:40:26 am »
Nevermind.

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 05:45:48 am »
Sludge & ALL (& Razgriz for installer), ACE. ‘Briefly’ I went back to default Hornet and it is a shocker! Flight Idle is no place to be on finals.  ;D Nice work on the SLUDGE v1.2 and installer. Seems to be all in order. Thanks again for the great work. Always good to fly - the sludge.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 05:48:30 am by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 04:16:33 pm »
Good work Sludge (& Raz).

Tonight is 'dedicated' to the Sludge. Lol.

GOONIE

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 06:07:24 pm »
Nice work guys! Hopefully I can get my SFCarrier2 mission working soon so I can join the NATOPS group.

Sludge, what's the genisis of the name "sludge" if you don't mind me asking?

-Capt

"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Johan

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 08:06:45 pm »
Fellas...

The Sludge Hornet v1.2 has been released.  Much thanks to Razgriz for his work on the installer; of course Serge for his work on the gauges, sound updates, and ideas; JR for his HUD and the Refueling gauge, many ideas, and reality checks.  Also, thanks to all the forum members for their feedback during the testing phase.  There were some effect exclusions (ie.Chaff/Flares) that just could NOT be done in a decent amount of time, so in the interests of playability, I decided to forgo them 'til I get a better working knowledge of .XML's and effects altogether.  Don't worry, its still going to happen, just farther down the road.

Thanks
Sludge

Sludge,

The automatic installer doesn't seem to work for me. I have tried 2 things:
1-delete previous Sludge installations and run the installer. It gives me a message that it can't access the config.cfg file and then it stops
2-leave the previous Sludge installations and run the installer so it can delete them itself. It gives me a message that "Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\SludgeFA18_Basic\' is denied.
Either way it won't install.

Thanks for your help. I understand that the install has been running fine for others...

Orion

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 08:16:50 pm »
Right click the installer and pick "Run as administrator".  Duncan should have really avoided this in the first place and set the application's manifest to request elevated permissions.

Razgriz

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 08:33:18 pm »
Fellas...

Thanks
Sludge

Sludge,

1-delete previous Sludge installations and run the installer. It gives me a message that it can't access the config.cfg file and then it stops
2-leave the previous Sludge installations and run the installer so it can delete them itself. It gives me a message that "Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\SludgeFA18_Basic\' is denied.

Thanks for your help. I understand that the install has been running fine for others...

Yeah, you're going to want to run it as an admin.  Thats my fault for not forcing it to run as admin.  If you have any more installer errors, don't hesitate to post.

Johan

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 08:48:39 pm »
Fellas...

Thanks
Sludge

Sludge,

Yeah, you're going to want to run it as an admin.  Thats my fault for not forcing it to run as admin.  If you have any more installer errors, don't hesitate to post.

Razgriz, Orion, thanks, it worked fine and the plane is great. So much work went into it, all this team (Sludge included) is fantastic. Thanks.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 09:08:24 pm »
Sludge,

"WE" have flown the Sludge Mk II for more than five straight hours.
Have had loads and loads of fun.

Thx mate.

Mickey

PS:   Just one question. I am so used to having the GPS show up when I press Shift+3. Is it okay, if we change the key mappings for the custom gauges you have thrown in? Are you good with that?

Razgriz

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 09:49:09 pm »
You can change all of the keymappings you want, nobody here has a problem with that.  Make sure you change the window title (Window02=xxx) and the actual panel [Window02] in the panel.cfg.