Author Topic: AMERICAN AIRLINES BOEING 777-300  (Read 18159 times)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
Re: AMERICAN AIRLINES BOEING 777-300
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 08:36:25 pm »
Let me clear a few things, I do use the autopilot and program the ILS settings during the approach; I also like to fly the plane without the autopilot from time to time making precise movements on the joystick. As for the landing, I know it might be hard to tell in the video however you DON'T see any sparks coming from the plane but what you do see is the normal smoke cloud when the landing gear touches down on runway. ;)
Oh my god...your killing me.  If you insist on flying in an unrealistic manner, fine, no one is stopping you.  But seeing sparks compared to smoke means nothing.  You touched down hard on your nose gear.  In real life, your nose gear would have been at risk of collapsing if you landed on it hard enough.

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE VIDEO I POSTED A LINK TO?  THAT IS A NORMAL LANDING.  WHAT YOU DID ISN'T.
I have now watch the video of the AIR FRANCE 777-300 landing and I have to it was very nice. By no means do I fly in a manner that just plain dangerous. I do fly other planes in particular the Lear Jet 45 which I have flown without autopilot as well. I have no problem taking advice, In the end I going to have to learn for myself.
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

SirIsaac726

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 10:03:52 pm »
Let me clear a few things, I do use the autopilot and program the ILS settings during the approach; I also like to fly the plane without the autopilot from time to time making precise movements on the joystick. As for the landing, I know it might be hard to tell in the video however you DON'T see any sparks coming from the plane but what you do see is the normal smoke cloud when the landing gear touches down on runway. ;)
Oh my god...your killing me.  If you insist on flying in an unrealistic manner, fine, no one is stopping you.  But seeing sparks compared to smoke means nothing.  You touched down hard on your nose gear.  In real life, your nose gear would have been at risk of collapsing if you landed on it hard enough.

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE VIDEO I POSTED A LINK TO?  THAT IS A NORMAL LANDING.  WHAT YOU DID ISN'T.
I have now watch the video of the AIR FRANCE 777-300 landing and I have to it was very nice. By no means do I fly in a manner that just plain dangerous. I do fly other planes in particular the Lear Jet 45 which I have flown without autopilot as well. I have no problem taking advice, In the end I going to have to learn for myself.

Regarding the Air France landing, that actually wasn't "very nice."  It was normal.  That is a normal, everyday landing that hundreds of thousands of aircraft make everyday.

Landing that hard and nose wheel first IS dangerous.  If you can't make a normal landing, go around. :P

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 03:58:47 am »
I've done that till I know the plane will land in one piece.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:23:20 pm by PUP4ORD »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 02:54:34 pm »
In real life, your nose gear would have been at risk of collapsing if you landed on it hard enough.

Even in the sim, if crash detection is on, a nose wheel first landing will almost always collapse.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SirIsaac726

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 08:55:46 pm »
In real life, your nose gear would have been at risk of collapsing if you landed on it hard enough.

Even in the sim, if crash detection is on, a nose wheel first landing will almost always collapse.   ;)

Ah, alright.  I don't have a lot of experience in doing that. :P :D

777captain

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 02:04:57 am »
I've done that till I know the plane will land in one piece.

In reality the plane's gear would collapse and/pr the tires blowout and it would be a fiery crash, so the plane in no way would land in one piece. Also, if you use ILS, how come the plane wasn't NEARLY lined up with the centerline when you were "supposed" to flare?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 04:08:07 pm »
Ah, alright.  I don't have a lot of experience in doing that. :P :D

Unfortunately, I do. :-[  I buried many a front wheel in the asphalt while learing to flare correctly.

Also, if you use ILS, how come the plane wasn't NEARLY lined up with the centerline..

I'm guessing he didn't dial in the runway course setting.  ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 09:44:36 pm »
I normally do dial in the ILS course, In this case however I did the visual line up of RWY 32L. If you look at the video much closer at the top, You can see why I landed the way I did.

SMaus

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 10:05:16 pm »
Even if you don't flare at all you would never touch down nose first in a 777 because the final approach would always be with some degrees nose up. You would hit the concrete with the main landing gear first. Provided that you fly more or less with the correct approach speed.
So I think you didn't hit the right speed and additionally didn't flare. Not a big deal in a simulation. In real life the nose wheel would have collapsed for sure.
Regards - Steve

777captain

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 12:30:44 am »
I normally do dial in the ILS course, In this case however I did the visual line up of RWY 32L. If you look at the video much closer at the top, You can see why I landed the way I did.

Instrument Landing System

Doing the visual defeats most of the purpose of using the ILS...............THE ILS IS USED TO ALIGN THE PLANE WITH THE CENTER OF THE RUNWAY, and for CATIII and above, you are also able to perform an autoland procedure...

Tino

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 02:11:21 am »
lol....

In time buddy. I was once at your stage....