Author Topic: Flight attendants missing textures  (Read 368 times)

ziher

Flight attendants missing textures
« on: June 09, 2024, 01:13:39 pm »
I'm getting missing textures for most flight attendants with MS ATR (some do have them). Textures for other GSX models are fine.

Can this be fixed? It's very immersion breaking.

On a side note, it would be neat if number of flight attendants was determined by number of passengers (1 attendant per 50 passenger seats). Or have the option to set number in aircraft customization. This way we could get realistic number of attendants for smaller aircraft.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 01:37:23 pm by ziher »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Flight attendants missing textures
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2024, 02:16:59 pm »
On a side note, it would be neat if number of flight attendants was determined by number of passengers (1 attendant per 50 passenger seats).
The only way I could see this working is if GSX knew the seating capacity of the airplane, and that could vary depending on the airline. That's because as far as I'm aware, this is determined by the number of seats rather than the number of passengers. So on a plane with 200 seats, you'd need four flight attendants regardless of whether you're carrying 200 people or 20 people.
Captain Kevin

RolandKov78

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2024, 05:59:39 pm »
I have the same texture issue on the ATR. For whatever reason one of the flight attendant having a corrupted texture. Tried a full online reinstall. Issue still occurs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2024, 11:57:32 am »
Just tested this, and it doesn't happen here.

It was a problem only in the initial release, and it was a texture.cfg file missing in SOME Crew models, used ONLY when the airplane airline wasn't recognized, likely because the airplane is missing the icao_airline from the aircraft.cfg or, in this case, because the aircraft.cfg can't be read, because the airplane is sold on the MS Marketplace, so those planes will ALWAYS get a generic uniform UNLESS you have a FlightPlan on Simbrief with a recognized airline code, in that case the airline code will be taken from Simbrief, so that would allow Marketplace airplanes to get correct airline uniforms as well.

In any case, I verified that even the generic uniform should work, because one of the affected files is this one, which is the one missing in the OP picture:

Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\SimObjects\GroundVehicles\FSDT_Crew\texture.FSDT_Attendant_hs2\texture.CFG

Which was missing in the initial release, so I removed it, started the FSDT Installer again, clicked the CHECK button, and the installer downloads it again.