Author Topic: Since last GSX Update: Failing to load images  (Read 3198 times)

jwyman

Re: Since last GSX Update: Failing to load images
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2023, 02:31:18 am »
Nothings has changed on my network or AV settings. This has been working before.

I have also downloaded the offline Installer and re-run it.

Still getting the same error as previously posted.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2023, 04:48:40 pm »
As I've said in all previous posts, if you are missing the thumbnails, it's a problem in your local network node OR you antivirus is blocking the latest updater to "update itself" so:

- Configure the antivirus to have the whole FSDT Addon manager folder added to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

- If that still doesn't work, DOWNLOAD and install the latest OFFLINE installer. It contains all thumbnails, it's just not possible you would see this error by using it.

But it must downloaded and installed again after the date of its latest version, which should be obvious, since it's completely offline, it doesn't have the ability to update itself, so you must redownload it each time there's even the smallest update.

jwyman

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2023, 04:57:55 pm »
I guess you really didn't read my post. I have already downloaded, installed, and re-run the offline full installer.

I am still getting the same issue. And again, nothing has changed in the way my security settings and AV are set up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2023, 05:06:05 pm »
I guess you really didn't read my post. I have already downloaded, installed, and re-run the offline full installer.

Of course I read it but, since what you are saying it's just not possible, if you are really using the latest Offline installer, the only possible explanation would be you are either running an outdated version, of you downloaded the latest version but are starting an older one.

I'll repeat it again: the current version of the Offline installer ( and with "current", I mean the one being updated today, because the Offline installer MUST be re-downloaded every time there's a new update ) SURELY does contain ALL the thumbnails, this is certain.

jwyman

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2023, 05:58:54 pm »
Well i have tried just about everything you have asked...

When i load a PDMG AA 777, i get a popup saying a certain png file doesn't exist in the thumbnail directory.

And also, my KCLt scenery( which is a FSDT product) also gets erased to the default base scenery from ORBX....

I am at a lost since i can't fly anything.

I re-raun the offline installer again. Re-ran P3D 4.5 . Switched to KCLT and loaded my plane.. Attached is popup window...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 06:29:23 pm by jwyman »

virtualstuff

Since last GSX Update: Failing to load images
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2023, 06:57:37 am »
Have the same issue with the latest updates different textures missing with every update. Solved local with the offline installer. Started 4 versions back. Will post logfiles next time looks like the servers aren’t updated related to the new stuff added in GSX
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 07:01:25 am by virtualstuff »