Author Topic: The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart.  (Read 1982 times)

Rob Jones

The only change I made prior to this was to install an .ini for EGJB, then removed it. I also removed the freeware scenery. I uninstalled/reinstalled GSX with a new download.
I note the reference to a Pilatus, an a/c I have never used.

codylang

The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 05:15:43 pm »
Hello all. Just began getting this error after updating GSX to the latest version this morning. I notice in the log is says

"[LFSB] Outdated scenery, Fire Brigade VANS are disabled"

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\__init__.py", line 538, in onSimStart
  File ".\common\collisions.py", line 55, in reloadGeometries
  File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\common\aircraftData.py", line 1957, in getAircraftData
  File ".\common\aircraftData.py", line 798, in __init__
  File ".\python27\ntpath.py", line 58, in isabs
  File ".\python27\ntpath.py", line 117, in splitdrive
RuntimeError: the main tasklet is receiving without a sender available.
{}
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 06:20:30 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Try the offline installer, it's likely your local cloudflare not hasn't got all the latest files yet.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Run the FSDT Live Update again now, it should be fixed.

codylang

I did the offline installer, then live update and same error...I'm unsure if I'm doing the wrong installer or not..I'll keep trying again. I got the offline installer...installed...but I'll keep playing with it.

codylang

I ran the offline installer again, and live update and still having the problem.

couatl v4.8 (build 5236)
panic log started on Thu Jun  8 10:00:35 2023

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{}
Main Menu loaded
Common onAppStart
host file found, checking it
createDefaultContainer
Current locale is English_United States.1252
Initializing audio...
Available devices:
  Generic Software on Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
  Generic Software on Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
  Generic Software on Headset Earphone (Corsair HS60 PRO Surround USB Sound Adapter)
Created OpenAL device: Generic Software on Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Device info:
   Major version: 1
   Minor version: 1
   Frequency: 44100
   Refresh: 40
   Sync: 0
   Mono sources: 255
   Stereo sources: 1
   Extensions: ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT ALC_ENUMERATION_EXT ALC_EXT_CAPTURE ALC_EXT_EFX

Context info:
   Vendor: Creative Labs Inc.
   Version: 1.1
   Renderer: Software
   Extensions: EAX EAX2.0 EAX3.0 EAX4.0 EAX5.0 EAX3.0EMULATED EAX4.0EMULATED AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE

Using EFX 1.0 extension, with 1 auxiliary send(s)
Using EAX reverb
[LFSB] Outdated scenery, Fire Brigade VANS are disabled
Simulator version (from MAIN.DLL) is 11.0.282174.999
isPBRAvailable returned  False
isRTTAvailable returned  False
GetSimObjectsFolder() returned  C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/SimObjects
GetAdditionalSimObjectsFolder() returned  C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways/SimObjects
GetAdditionalSimObjectsFolderV5() returned 
gateDistanceThreshold = 25 m
GSX SimStart
GSX SimStop
GSX SimStart
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\__init__.py", line 538, in onSimStart
  File ".\common\collisions.py", line 55, in reloadGeometries
  File ".\common\aircraftData.py", line 1961, in getAircraftData
  File ".\common\aircraftData.py", line 798, in __init__
  File ".\python27\ntpath.py", line 58, in isabs
  File ".\python27\ntpath.py", line 117, in splitdrive
  File ".\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 1062, in checkAirplane
IndexError: tuple index out of range
{}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I ran the offline installer again, and live update and still having the problem.

If your problem is caused by network updates, you must run the Offline installer AFTER the Live Update, otherwise you'll get again the outdated file from the network, until is updated on your local node. That's why, as the Offline instructions say, you must FIRST run the Live Update and, if you suspect a network problem, run the Offline installer AFTER, and nothing else.

codylang

I did live update first, then the offline installer and the same error appeared. Thanks for the help though! Wish I could revert back to 2.6.1  :D

Edit: I restarted Couatl to see if I'd get another error, and I haven't...but now I want to reboot the game and see if it reappears after a successful restart.

codylang

I restarted MSFS but the error came back up once the main menu loaded in.  I restarted Couatl via the error message and I loaded in a flight. GSX seems to work and everything. Maybe I need to restart my computer? Although I did so before all of this. I just don't like the error message right when the main menu loads in...I have to go for abit but I'm going to keep the game running to see if it crashes the sim...then I'll restart when I get back. Would just like to completely fix the error even if I have to reinstall GSX as a whole.

DavidGee

Good evening, I'm having the same issue regarding this topic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

You don't have the current version of the files, run the Live Update again, or download and installer the Offline installer AFTER the Live Update, to be sure the problem is not caused by network nodes not updated yet.

DavidGee

You don't have the current version of the files, run the Live Update again, or download and installer the Offline installer AFTER the Live Update, to be sure the problem is not caused by network nodes not updated yet.

sorted, no more popups on startup. tnk the lord!! (Umberto  ;) )

codylang

So I restarted, tried MSFS got the error. I did the Live update, then the offline installer, and still same error unfortunately. Is there anyways I can redownload Couatl itself? It seems to work after a restart, but I can't have this error popping up everytime. Makes my brain feel like somethings wrong, lol.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I cannot reproduce the problem, and I can only confirm I have no errors with either version ( online only, or offline installer after online ). Are you starting the sim in some specific way, like from another app ?

codylang

Just Windows 10...Never had the problem till 2.6.2. I tried the FSDT Installer, launched the game, error. Then did the offline installer after, still error. Also tried the Live Updater first, launch, error, then the offline installer and error as well. Also tried doing the offline installer, then live update then game, and still error. What is the process of deleting everything GSX and starting over? Or atleast Couatl?