Author Topic: New VRS SuperBug FSX Videos  (Read 43429 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: New VRS SuperBug FSX Videos
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 07:52:46 pm »
AB...

Glad thats working for ya.  Now just waiting for the SuperBug.  Pretty sure most people are in the same boat as me, so whats new there.

Simon...

Did you get your x52 flight stick and throttle in yet?  Im sure if you didnt you are a raving wild man right now.

Later
Sludge

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 09:22:55 pm »
Hmmm ...lets just say that USPS have one more chance to get that x52 to me before the weekend,.. it is now day 8 on a 3-5 day service and still nothing ....
I swear ... If it is not here before the multiplayer on saturday I might just have to send USPS a little gift ..Ill give you a clue it wont be candy and it will be ticking  >:(

My x45 has got so bad now, the stick is sticking badly Ive tried oiling it someone suggested putting bounce dryers under the spring plate ..what is a dryer is it the same as a tissue?? Ive even tried using zip tags on the control spring to try and get less resistance on the stick but its still not helping much ..oh well i guess 6 years life is not too bad for a hotas. Add the worn potentiometers to the mix and it becomes a regular 3 ring circus just trying to fly a consistent pattern  ::)

I fear I may not make the session on saturday unless the postman arrives on my doorstep tomorrow morning. Im sure I would have more control if I was flying with the keyboard at the moment. My other chance is if one of you geniuses figure out a way to coax a little more life out of my current x45

Sonofabeech out

Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 09:37:21 pm »
Ill give you a clue it wont be candy and it will be ticking

Simon...

Wouldnt say that too loud in this day and time.  Still wanna see you up and running for the weekend with a good controller.  Youre a good pilot who has got carrier landing and the pattern down but if youve got bad flight controls, its all for nothing.

Here's hoping you get it soon.
Later
Sludge

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 10:28:47 pm »
Sludge!!
 good point heheh ......I wouldnt have said that if i lived in the states but here in south africa they are not nearly paranoid enough to send a swat team through my window for mentioning the word "ticking"
thanks for the kind words ..the time is coming soon when i will no longer be able to hide behind faulty controls and then I guess i better produce the goods or I am going to have a lot of egg on my face eh?

Still working hard to get this stick unstuck ...would really hate to miss a session

It may still arrive tomorrow and then again it may not .tick..tick...tick..tick tick tick  ;D
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Razgriz

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 10:46:29 pm »
I saw this on VRS:

Quote from: adiemus
I wanted to pass on a small hardware tweak I have found makes a huge difference in being able to input small, controlled stick movements.

It should work if you have joystick that centers itself using a mechanism similar to the Saitek X-45, which has a centering spring and plastic "washer" that glides over a plasticized cylindrical neck.  (The X-52, for example, falls into this category as well)  For example:

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5342/zeroc.png

Long ago I read a recommendation of rubbing a dryer sheet on the underside of the "washer" and on the neck. 

http://icommissary.com/lake/images/DRYER.jpg

This worked quite well, but the effect would wear off relatively quickly.  To make it last much longer, simply take a standard dryer sheet and fold it in half twice.  Then, on the side that's folded over, make a straight cut about 1/3 of the way into the sheet.  Now cut a diamond or circular shape out of the sheet big enough for the stick to fit inside:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4558/oneq.png

Finally, place the sheet between the "washer" and the neck:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6792/twok.png

It will stay in place remarkably well and will get rid of almost all the "starting friction" on your stick, allowing you to make small, precise inputs.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6826/threehg.png

(Apologies if the reason I've not heard this mentioned much is because it's ridiculously common knowledge)

NOTE: You can combine this with other mods to reduce the strength of your centering spring (ie, zip-ties), but really, there's no need.  By itself, the improvement provided is excellent.

DISCLAIMER: Any hardware mods are at your own risk.  I'm passing this on merely as an observation.  No warranty is given.  VRS has nothing to do with this post.  Etc, etc.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:31:52 pm by virtuali »

SUBS17

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 12:15:19 am »
Yeah SUBS...

I said NVG but just meant IR on the HUD, along with night lighting.  However, I thought the F-15 strike eagle sim also put a FLIR on the HUD?  Loved that sim, cause it had the backseater MFDs and high resolution ground mapping radar for targetting.

Later
Sludge

I can't remember its been a long tme since I played F-15 strike eagle.

SUBS17

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 06:38:50 am »
Some new details on the Tacpac which sound quite promising:

http://www.vrsimulations.com/tacpack.htm

I like the sound of this:

LSO - a complete carrier voice command and greenie board debriefing system

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 09:11:27 pm »
yeah subs, but that only on phase 3, probably a year or more after the initial release.
though its awesome, and will probably be ported to MS flight

SUBS17

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 10:09:20 pm »
Some more details of Tacpac

David: Does the argon of the AIM-9 deplete over time, causing an overheat of the seeker?

Jon: We will initially offer the AIM-9M and AIM-9X. The AIM-9X has an internal closed-loop cooling system and doesn't need to be externally cooled by either argon (USAF) or nitrogen (US Navy). The AIM-9M uses a nitrogen bottle housed in the launch rail, and an IR cool switch in the cockpit can be used to override the automatic cooling cycle. The Superbug has never simulated the need to start/stop cooling, but we can certainly consider the option to degrade the sensor if cooling is overridden.

David: Is the option to cool or uncool the missile available?

Jon: Currently, no.

David: Can a buddy lase for another aircraft dropping LGBs?

Jon: Yes. A laser pulse frequency in the form of a coded entry is established by the LDT aircraft and anyone with an LST on that code can slave to it as long as the quality of the spot isn't attenuated too much. This applies to AGM-65Es and all LGBs.

David: Does the laser have limitations where it will only be able to fire below 25K?

Jon: This is called atmospheric attenuation and in the real world it's a function of primarily absolute humidity and slant range rather than a set altitude. But the answer is definitely yes, we model limitations.

Buddy lasing...SWEET

http://simhq.com/_air13/air_461b.html

SUBS17

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 10:18:01 pm »
Check out the deal at the bottom of this page.

http://simhq.com/_air13/air_461c.html

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:37 pm »
yeah extended discount to encourage people to buy superbug and tacpack. for those who missed the BOOM promotion code

SUBS17

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 02:05:32 am »
This sounds interesting:

We know at least one other developer working on a naval simulation right now with plans to adopt the TacPack SDK. We'd very much like to see if we can't coalesce several simulations like that into a multi-role paradigm. A campaign system is on the table, it's feasible, and it's something we're going to consider.

A Tacpac mod of the accel hornet would rock in this enviroment.

JamesChams

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 02:15:05 am »
This sounds interesting:

We know at least one other developer working on a naval simulation right now with plans to adopt the TacPack SDK. We'd very much like to see if we can't coalesce several simulations like that into a multi-role paradigm. A campaign system is on the table, it's feasible, and it's something we're going to consider.

A Tacpac mod of the accel hornet would rock in this enviroment.
Yes, I requested that of them as well.  They didn't make any promises.  But, I believe that they will really consider this and perhaps Aerosoft's & Iris' F-16's as possible candidates.  The "Future" Aerosoft Tomcat might also make it into their post Phase II - "Authentic Custom Gauge Release set."
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 02:46:37 am »
sludge, email me telling where you're moving to.

im outta here

simaddict

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 02:57:17 am »
Hang on Fael...I'm hoping there was a mistake! I emailed admin. u know.
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB