Author Topic: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz  (Read 155825 times)

neutrino

Re: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2010, 10:36:16 pm »
Yes, you need to use the realistic HUD from the link sonofabeech provided. It has the carrier ILS/TCN capability that you need.

Orion

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2010, 07:48:28 am »
Great, now that the HUD is sorted, back to carrier ops :P.

Who's up for a session next Saturday?  Maybe we should make this a weekly thing (well, it has been, at least based on the data for the past two weeks :P)...

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2010, 10:44:31 am »
Sonofabeech will be there who else is gonna join us? you dont know what your'e missing out on especially if you havent been neutrino'd yet... oh yes and theres that little matter of Orions easter egg in his mission, Paco's no hook carrier landings  ;D and drunken pilots declaring their undying affection for Orion and his new multiplayer carrier mission :o ..its a 3 ring circus come on in the waters fine and if this all sounds greek to you then you will be right at home in these sessions cos most of what these guys say sounds like greek to me ...10-4 Orion???? you flying a truck ???!!??  :P
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Paco

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2010, 02:12:51 am »
   I'll show up, if we start on time.  Let me explain.  I'm 41, work lots of hours a week and have a 2.5 year old son.  What little gaming time I have is precious, so I don't want to waste it by waiting for someone who might have said they'll be on or have to delay to beta test some views or whatever.  Hate to be a party pooper, but I'm being honest.   I can't spend four hours on the computer for a one hour flight. 
   May I suggest that if we say start time is 1600, the we hit the play button at 1600.  That means you should log on ten minutes prior and be ready to fly at 1600.  Then the host runs the session for say 30 minutes, stops, reloads and flies again, this cycle continues and we can accomodate everyone's schedule.
   I for one enjoy multiplayer, but one should also be considerate of other people's time. 

Let the name calling begin.
Paco

neutrino

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2010, 03:07:57 am »
Paco has a point - some NAVY discipline for the carrier ops is welcome  ;D

That said, I am still unsure of my participation this Saturday ::)

mikpen14

« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2010, 03:45:20 am »
sonofabeech;

All is now good, the TACAN/ILS stuff is working like a charm.

Thanks for the help!

Orion

« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2010, 05:33:42 am »
Brian has a very good point - we need to start on time.  A lot, probably too much of the time is wasted just waiting around.

So here's a new rule for the next session(s): if you want to fly, be here early.  Get on Skype about 10 minutes prior (even earlier if you'd like) for session information.  If you're not in the session prior to 1 PM GMT -08:00, we're starting without you.  If you come late, you can join as an observer and get in the session as a player when everyone who's currently in the session agrees to restart (generally after everyone's landed a couple times).

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2010, 10:07:21 am »
Very good points raised here ...I too have a 2.75 year old daughter and my flying time is precious especially on the weekend. I like the idea of joining up 10 minutes before the session and I especially like the part of restarting the session every 30 minutes ...due to my time zone (1:00 pacific time equates to 11:00 at night here) I am often out at the time of the session starting , this way I could join one of the later starts if I dont make it back in time...Also by restarting after 30 minutes the turns made by the carrier will be reduced and the line up issues that some people still have will be greatly reduced  :) Just my two cents worth

Sonofabeech out
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Paco

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2010, 01:41:56 pm »
All,

Thanks for the support.  I'm available Saturday afternoon/evening CST, just pick a time. 

/r,
Paco

neutrino

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2010, 04:59:51 pm »
OK, I will be here too  8)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2010, 09:09:26 pm »
Paco...

No need for anyone to call you names when you are right on point.  Although I cant be there this Saturday, would definately like the ideas floated here about being ready in Skype 10 mins PRIOR and launching ON TIME to become standard.  Youre right, other's family situations need to be taken into account.  Just a little bit of common decency goes a long way! 

Have fun fellers, look forward to flying with ya next weekend.  Cant wait to hit another round of carrier patterns and as Paco and I now should know VERBATIM when starting the 180 turn... "abeam, gear down, HOOK DOWN"!!  Haha!!!

Later
Sludge

mikpen14

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2010, 06:35:17 am »
What is the confirmed time for the flight on Saturday?

Orion

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2010, 06:58:49 am »
It'll always start at 1 PM my time (GMT -08:00 Pacific Time) unless otherwise noted.  P.M. me your Skype username to get added to the call on Saturday.  Haven't had anyone contact me about it specifically, so it looks like it'll just be whoever is online - can't be more than 15 people :P.

neutrino

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2010, 09:54:42 pm »
Session is up at 1300 Pacific.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 09:57:51 pm by neutrino »

Sucotash

« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2010, 12:04:56 am »
Here are 4 videos I recorded from last weeks session.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3D04667984A8107C
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 11:06:19 pm by dfiler »
You're in the slot!