Author Topic: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz  (Read 155823 times)

Orion

Re: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2010, 06:03:21 am »
This happens about 20s after mission has loaded and again I was the host I suspect gamespy is the problem or its FSX somewhere. Anyone else ever come accross this problem?
This has never come up for anyone across the beta testing or public flights I've done.  I've never heard of that error happening like that with or without my mission.  Not to jump to conclusions, but I'd guess that it's either your FSX installation that's messed up or GameSpy's servers being stupid.

P.S. Anyone up for a flight tomorrow or next Saturday?  Maybe we can make this a weekly thing :P.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2010, 01:04:44 pm »
orion... thats just plain awesomeness!  ;D

i sold my comp so i gotta wait for the new one to play :(
but when it arrives i wanna join your session !

only thing, i think that tanker plane should have the hose extended... i would do it if i could edit fsx models... but apparently thats impossible, unless you make a whole new one ehhe

cheers!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:10:04 pm by fael097 »

SUBS17

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2010, 08:50:47 pm »
This happens about 20s after mission has loaded and again I was the host I suspect gamespy is the problem or its FSX somewhere. Anyone else ever come accross this problem?
This has never come up for anyone across the beta testing or public flights I've done.  I've never heard of that error happening like that with or without my mission.  Not to jump to conclusions, but I'd guess that it's either your FSX installation that's messed up or GameSpy's servers being stupid.

P.S. Anyone up for a flight tomorrow or next Saturday?  Maybe we can make this a weekly thing :P.

Most other MP missions are ok its just your mission that I have these errors.

mikpen14

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2010, 05:42:35 pm »
Alrighty, I must be doing something wrong.  When I press TACAN 57 with the "X" select I do not get any indication on the HUD to help me establish on the localizer and glideslope.  The same goes for if I press ILS 57, or simply use 112.00 as the inserted freq.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2010, 07:31:16 pm »
BTW, JR...

Did you get any pics of me doing a trap just ahead of you while you were parked with your JetRanger on the 1 wire?  You are a crazy man and that made the session a whole lot of fun.  Plus, I really liked your approach with the JetRanger.  Kinda bumpy but very funny!

I think Im gonna stick to calling you JR.  Ji-FFFFFF-ko just doesnt sound well when I say it, so hope you dont mind JR.  I mean a "JR, break left" call sounds better.

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2010, 10:37:45 pm »
orion... thats just plain awesomeness!  ;D

i sold my comp so i gotta wait for the new one to play :(
but when it arrives i wanna join your session !

only thing, i think that tanker plane should have the hose extended... i would do it if i could edit fsx models... but apparently thats impossible, unless you make a whole new one ehhe

cheers!
Sounds good to me :).  And yeah, I'd need to install a whole different model if I were to use a proper tanker, and I didn't want to make the package any larger :P.

Most other MP missions are ok its just your mission that I have these errors.
Most?  Anyways, under the Multiplayer Network Settings (on the multiplayer tab of FSX), try changing the timeout and keep alive to 300.

Alrighty, I must be doing something wrong.  When I press TACAN 57 with the "X" select I do not get any indication on the HUD to help me establish on the localizer and glideslope.  The same goes for if I press ILS 57, or simply use 112.00 as the inserted freq.

Thanks
Might want to ask the author of the HUD, Jivko Rusev.  I use ILS 57 :X and it works fine for me, but I don't know much about using the Acceleration FA-18 avionics beyond that :P.

I think Im gonna stick to calling you JR.  Ji-FFFFFF-ko just doesnt sound well when I say it
I can't say Jivko either :P.  Supposed to have the s/j sound from pleasure or treasure in the beginning, but I still can't do it right :P.

And a couple screenshots from a not-as-large session we had yesterday :).

This time we managed to be in formation on the runway, but didn't work as well once we got in the air :P.

On the catapults testing what may be a solution to the carrier location discrepancy ;D.

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2010, 10:44:05 pm »
@mikpen14
Make sure you bring up the HUD Controller (Shift+2) and select NAV1 on the "Steer" switch. You won't get your steering cues unless you do.
(Also make sure you have the ILS switched "on" too or you wont get your glide slope markers.)
(Also, also, you gotta be within range of the carriers for both systems to be active...check the documentation for precise details)

TACAN:
57x for Javiers carriers
47x for default carrier
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:46:27 pm by Voodoo »
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

neutrino

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2010, 12:13:16 am »
Alrighty, I must be doing something wrong.  When I press TACAN 57 with the "X" select I do not get any indication on the HUD to help me establish on the localizer and glideslope.  The same goes for if I press ILS 57, or simply use 112.00 as the inserted freq.

Thanks
If you get the distance to the carrier followed by 'TCN' in the lower right corner of the HUD - then you are tuned in. The ILS needles will appear if you are within 35 degrees left or right from the runway centerline, just like a normal land-based runway ILS. Now if you press TCN-5-7-X (for Nimitz) and you still don't get the 'TCN' indication on the HUD, there is something else, and I will need to see a screenshot to find out what.

neutrino

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2010, 12:18:22 am »
BTW, JR...

Did you get any pics of me doing a trap just ahead of you while you were parked with your JetRanger on the 1 wire?  You are a crazy man and that made the session a whole lot of fun.  Plus, I really liked your approach with the JetRanger.  Kinda bumpy but very funny!

I think Im gonna stick to calling you JR.  Ji-FFFFFF-ko just doesnt sound well when I say it, so hope you dont mind JR.  I mean a "JR, break left" call sounds better.

Later
Sludge
Unfortunately I don't have that shot... Usually if I don't have FRAPS on, I forget to press the 'V' key for screenshot ;) Indeed I prefer JR, much easier to say than Jivko ;D I had a very cool idea what to fly for the next weekend session, but I might not be able to attend cause I will be out of town.

mikpen14

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2010, 04:20:10 pm »
If you get the distance to the carrier followed by 'TCN' in the lower right corner of the HUD - then you are tuned in. The ILS needles will appear if you are within 35 degrees left or right from the runway centerline, just like a normal land-based runway ILS. Now if you press TCN-5-7-X (for Nimitz) and you still don't get the 'TCN' indication on the HUD, there is something else, and I will need to see a screenshot to find out what.

I tried out what you typed and I still have no TCN indication, or ILS information.  I do however get the TCN/ILS info when I tune into KNPA.  So something is a-miss somewhere with my installation.  I'll post some piccies also.

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2010, 06:13:29 pm »
hey mikpen 14

Does this happen when you add a carrier using the AICARRIER2 to manually place a carrier 5 or ten miles ahead in other words can you see the carrier but the tacan heading doesnt show up on your HUD or are you not able to find the carrier itself. Carriers need to be manually placed in the flight before you can find them or you need to install the carrier tracks .bgl file which places carriers in the virtual world automatically or use Orions multiplayer mission. If you can see the carrier but no HUD tacan info sometimes (with KNPA specifically) the info only registers once you get closer to the carrier if you are two miles behind the ship and the ils needles and tacan symbology are not showing yet then there definitely is a problem with your install if you cant find the carrier itself then try adding one using the aicarrier manually in flight and see if the tacan info pops up. If you can give me more info relating to the things I have mentioned Im sure I can get you sorted...hope this helps
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

mikpen14

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2010, 07:59:34 pm »
Sonofabeech;

As of right now I am taking off from KNPA and then having the carrier group placed a couple miles ahead of me.  I then am not able to have the Tacan/ILS appear what-so-ever but I do have a visual of the fleet and I can land on it and catapault from it no problem.  I have also tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it with the same affect.

I will now try and install the .bgl files with the carrier tracks and report back.

Thanks for the help!

mikpen14

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2010, 09:05:54 pm »
I installed the carrier tracks .bgl and have the same problem.  

This time I loaded up the flight from the "load" screen and started from Hawaii and no difference!

on the ICP it never turns from "OF" to "ON"

The piccies below show it working for land based airports.

By null at 2010-01-20

Shot at 2010-01-20

By null at 2010-01-20

By null at 2010-01-20
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:32:16 pm by mikpen14 »

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2010, 10:11:01 pm »
hey mikpen14

check out this link http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2342.0
you will need this download to enable the new realistic HUD by Jivko Rusev to get tacan for the carriers ..
I also sent you an personal message explaining a bit more, check your inbox
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

mikpen14

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2010, 10:23:59 pm »
That sounds great!

Im just off to work, but I will take a look at it for sure tomorrow!

Thanks!