Author Topic: All my FSDT Scenery is no longer working!  (Read 13212 times)

Lindsay

All my FSDT Scenery is no longer working!
« on: August 11, 2009, 09:31:23 am »
Hi FSDT,

I wanted to take advantage of the 30% discount. I therefore downloaded Zurich and installed it. After installation I went to Zurich in FSX and no buildings displayed. I thought that was strange. however after doing so ALL of my FSDT scenery no longer works...LSGG, KLAS, KORD, KFLL, KJFK! No buildings display only ground textures.  I uninstalled ALL of the scenery via uninstall programs in the control panel. I then reinstalled just KLAS and there are no buildings and the Addon manager in my top tool bar in FSX is missing? I then reinstalled the stand alone add on manager and when I go back into FSX it still doesn't show in my toolbar and the buildings are still missing?!

Please any help would be appreciated.

Lindsay

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All my FSDT Scenery is no longer working!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 11:22:43 am »
Have you got, the first time after Zurich was installed, the request to trust the Addon Manager, and the Couatl script engine ?

If not, something is blocking the programs, most likely the antivirus. Try to reinstall with the Antivirus entirely disabled, and before launching FSX, tell it to exclude the whole FSX folder, including subfolders. Or, if it doesn't give the option to exclude a whole folder with subfolders, exclude bglmanx.dll from in the FSX root folder, and exclude Couatl.exe in the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl folder.

Lindsay

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 11:53:14 am »
Hi,

I had installed the Zurich demo once before but I uninstalled it. When Zurich was originally installed it did ask me if I wanted to install the addon manager and I agreed to the prompt.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my scenery (KLAS, KJFK & KORD) about 4 times with no luck.

I turned off my firewall and ran the KORD setup. I then started FSX and no prompt was given for the addon manager? I loaded the KORD scenery and no buildings appear and the toolbar under the heading 'Addons' does not show the Addon Manager. (It only has Vistamare, FSUIP4 & Level D)?

Is there anything else i can try?

Thanks in advance for your prompt help

Lindsay

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 12:05:53 pm »
The firewall shouldn't be a problem, check the antivirus, as in my previous message.

Lindsay

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 12:20:58 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

I turned off my Antivirus (McAfee Security Centre) completely and I have just tried to reinstall KORD however there is still no prompt regarding the addon manager. Still no buildings  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 12:57:08 pm »
If you agreed once to run it, it's normal you don't get the prompt again.

Tru this:

- Open FSX.CFG in your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder, and look for the [Trusted] section.

- Find all the references to bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe, and remove all the lines (the whole line) that contains such references.

- Save the file

- Uninstall KLAS or any other scenery you have, and reply YES to the questions about removing the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine.

- Go to your FSX folder and check you don't have any fsdreamteam\Couatl folder still inside. If you have, remove it

- Remove bglmanx*.* files (1 .DLL and 3 .DAT files) from your FSX root folder

- Reboot Windows

- Reinstall any of our sceneries.

- Launch FSX and check it IS asking permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to all questions.

- Don't worry if they don't run at the first try, just exit from FSX and try again. Eventually, reboot Windows again between tries.

skimmer

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 05:03:37 pm »
I have the same things. Bought KLAS and activated it with addon manager while game was on of course,then when I went to KALS there was no buildings and when I went to addon mangager it was not there.Also all my airports KFLL,KORD and my new purchase of KLAS did not show up. I tryed removeing all FSDT that you just told Lindsay to but must have missed something so I have uninstalled all plus FSX/ACC and totally removed all UT2 and all info from FSDT and will try reinstall to all.(except UT2). Now I will also find out about problem I had at rwy27R with KFLL.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 07:05:56 pm by skimmer »

rjone902

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 07:26:12 pm »
virtuali,

I have had the same problem. Unfortunately your suggestions have not worked. The only way I can get my other FSDT sceneries working again is by placing your older bglmanx* files back into the main FSX folder. However, if a scenery is installed with your latest update of addon manager or bglmanx, sceneries already installed work with the older files, but the new scenery only displays the gound textures/jetbridges.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 08:06:21 pm »
Hello,

can you try to download this fix from Microsoft, too see if it works ? With the latest bglmanx.dll version, of course:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

skimmer

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 08:08:12 pm »
Well I tried all above and I cant even get the addon manager anymore. I followed your directions to the letter. ??? I didnt save any files though. And when I started FSX  back up it never asked permission for addon manager.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 08:13:12 pm by skimmer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 08:09:19 pm »
skimmer,

Have you tried the MS VC 2005+ fix ?

skimmer

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 08:14:23 pm »
Dont know what MSVC-2005+fix is. Do you mean for mutible AFCADS ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 08:30:37 pm »
No, it's a security update for the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable that has been recently released. The download link is in my message above, can you try to install it ?

skimmer

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 08:44:00 pm »
Should I use the 6.3,3.1 or the 2.6? At this time I have zero FSDT items in my comp as I was going to start over again. Do I need anything to run test?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 08:45:56 pm by skimmer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 08:48:12 pm »
You have to download vcredist_x86.exe