Author Topic: Jetway question  (Read 3571 times)

awinagainov0708

Jetway question
« on: June 22, 2009, 03:23:15 am »
Does anybody know if its possible to replace the default fsx jetway with the FSDT one? Just curious because obviously the fsdt one used in JFK, LAS, FLL etc. is a lot nicer looking than the default one.
LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

01pewterz28

Re: Jetway question
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:43:21 pm »
If I recall this was asked and tossed around by FSDT not sure if they plan to work on some sore of replacement package. But currently No you cannot replace the default FSX jet ways with the FSDT ones.

Sean

BlinkNFG

Re: Jetway question
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 10:07:11 pm »
Hi,

It is actually technically possible to do with AFX (payware airport editor) or FSXPlanner (freeware).  You just need to select the jetway properties and change the GUID to the FSDreamTeam one from the default (latter is "bfcdf52b-9142-415c-8318-03c1b92ca9d9" and the former can be found from the FSDT airports you own.

Whether you should do so is another issue.  Personally I don't see a problem with it - you are not financially profiting from FSDT's work.  I see it as the same as covering another artist's music - provided you don't release the song comercially there is no problem (legally or morally).  Interesting what the developers think though.

Anyway it is easy enough to do (see attached pic from default LEPA - took 2 mins to do)

Jon

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 10:20:17 pm by BlinkNFG »