Author Topic: After updating addon manager huge FPS loss **SOLVED**  (Read 7901 times)

Aether

After updating addon manager huge FPS loss **SOLVED**
« on: May 18, 2018, 03:57:32 pm »
Hello,

As the title says today after updating the addon manager I'm noticing a huge loss of FPS.

Yesterday at default NZCH airport PMDG 777, P3dv4, Win10, 20-30 FPS
Today at same airport same aircraft 8-10 FPS.

Advice needed please.

Thanks in advance

Cees
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:14:07 pm by virtuali »

Aether

Re: After updating addon manager huge FPS loss
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 12:14:49 pm »
Hello........?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 11:48:47 pm »
Nothing in the Addon Manager update (which hasn't even been updated itself) can possibly cause an fps loss so, it must be something else, and you must have noticed it in relationship to the update, but it was probably a coincidence.

I don't have the PMDG 777, but I tested the 747 now, and see how good the fps is at default NZCH, with GSX active and the marshaller being animated.

Aether

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 10:13:44 am »
Hi Umberto.

I use my computer only for flight simming.

When I hit ok in the menu the sim was loading and all looked good but when it was fully loaded I got a pop-up message saying I had to update the addon manager. So I closed P3D and downloaded the addon manager from the FSDT website installed it and went flying again and that's where I noticed the FPS loss.

When I deselect the addon manager in the addon menu in P3D and go flying all is back to normal so it has to do something with the addon manager.

Cheers... Cees

Prluey

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 12:59:26 am »
I must concur with this.  I flew a flight with no issues, averaging 40+ FPS.  I updated 3 things yesterday, FSDT, ORBX library and A2A aircraft. After updating all three, my FPS went down to 9.  I just uninstall one of the FSDT sceneries and removed the addon manager and my FPS is back up.  I must add that the impact was with a default aircraft and default airport.  Everything is working fine now that I removed those two.  Will reinstall the scenery I removed and addon manager to see what happens.

Unlike the previous post, I ran the automatic installer.

Regards,

Luis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 11:18:26 am »
I must add that the impact was with a default aircraft and default airport

The screenshot I posted which shows no fps loss, with a similarly complex PMDG airplane and the same airport the user reported: default NZCH.

Fact you seem to fix the issue by disabling the Addon Manager, doesn't necessarily mean the problem is *caused* by it. There is a difference between cause and effect, and I believe you are looking at the effect, not the cause.

It's POSSIBLE that, because of some other software you installed, even not related to flight sim, possibly an antivirus (but not only), some compatibility settings were wrongly enabled, and some of them might have a bad impact on performances. Also, it's even possible the antivirus is slowing down the system, because it's trying to scan for threats ALL files our software is reading at start, when recreating the cache.

Even if the antivirus is not blocking the software, it might still be able to slow down the sim, just because it tries to check each and every file every running executable opens, and we must open all your .BGL when a new scenery is installed, in order to create the airport cache.

Which is why, it's best to be sure to configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

Aether

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 07:49:34 pm »
Well I turned off the anti virus downloaded the addon manager.
Excluded the addon manager map from the anti virus started P3D and the problem is still there 10 FPS.

Regards,

Cees

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 11:23:21 pm »
I'm sorry but, as you can see from my screenshot, I cannot reproduce the problem. I have more than 100 fps with a default airplane, and GSX of course.

Aether

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 12:58:10 am »
That's no argument I can show you a screen shot that shows 10 FPS.

I am a customer and enjoyed GSX for a number of years no issues. All I did was updating the addon manager nothing else and now I have this problem.
You know if it was only me then it's my problem but I think there are others too that have this issue, so please try to help your customers.

Please tell me what I can try or do to resolve this.

Regards.

Cees

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 10:54:05 am »
That's no argument I can show you a screen shot that shows 10 FPS.

You don't seem to understand.

I really believe YOU have 10 fps ( you assumed I didn't ? ), but the whole point of my screenshot, was to prove you it must be something in your system because, if it was a problem caused by the latest addon manager, it would always happen.

You know if it was only me then it's my problem but I think there are others too that have this issue, so please try to help your customers.

There are only a couple of reports, one of them only with a single airport, out of several thousands of users so, it's clear it must be something else, and the fps loss caused after the update was just a coincidence.

I updated 3 things yesterday, FSDT, ORBX library and A2A aircraft. After updating all three, my FPS went down to 9

So, you updated 3 things, but you are sure it's the Addon Manager ?

I just uninstall one of the FSDT sceneries and removed the addon manager and my FPS is back up

Why you don't try doing the same with those other addons ? Is your fps low with ONLY the Addon Manager enabled ? If you start taking into account the chance it MIGHT be something else, it will be easier to find the solution.

In any case, if you still have low fps even after disabling all other addons ( In P3D4 it's quite easy, at least with the "proper" addons installed like we do with the addon.xml method, just disable them in Options->Addons ), report back, and we might arrange a Teamviewer session, so I can have a look at your system and see what's wrong with it.

Aether

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 11:42:22 am »
I updated 3 things yesterday, FSDT, ORBX library and A2A aircraft. After updating all three, my FPS went down to 9

I just uninstall one of the FSDT sceneries and removed the addon manager and my FPS is back up

These quotes are not mine but from another customer who hijacked my thread.

This qoute is mine "All I did was updating the addon manager nothing else"

Aether

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 05:24:14 pm »
Hi Umberto.

Hereby an update.

1) I reinstalled the addon manager and GSX no luck still 10 FPS.

After some research I found something else;
2) When P3D is running and the addon manager is disabled the memory usage in the task manager is around 2.17GB.

3) With the addon manager enabled the memory usage is steadily going up from 2.1GB until I closed down P3D after about 20 min. the memory usage was 5.2GB.

Do you have any idea why this happen?

Regards...Cees

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 06:19:51 pm »
3) With the addon manager enabled the memory usage is steadily going up from 2.1GB until I closed down P3D after about 20 min. the memory usage was 5.2GB.

In how much time ? Because, I tried it now and, for a few minutes, I can't see any memory going up, and P3D starts at about 1.7 GB and just stays there.

Aether

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 06:25:30 pm »
memory usage is steadily going up from 2.1GB until I closed down P3D after about 20 min. the memory usage was 5.2GB
min = minutes
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 06:27:46 pm by celin101 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 06:28:21 pm »
I wanted to confirm if you saw the memory usage increasing immediately, so it started to go up from 2.1 to 5.2 GB in 20 minutes, OR if the increase STARTED after 20 minutes.

Because, I'm running P3D since 5 minutes right now, and my memory usage is stil unchanged. The memory consumption line on the Task Manger is totally flat.