Author Topic: Aivlasoft EFB - Runways Missing in FSDT/Flightbeam airports  (Read 4507 times)

bhorv67

Seems there's some issue for me using Aivlasoft EFB in some of the FSDT/Flightbeam airports. Not sure if this has anything to do with the new way these airports are stored in the file structure where the areas are greyed out in the scenery list within P3D.

Airports in particular are KORD and KMSP. I'm missing runways in EFB in both of these airports, although the AIRAC data does have them listed correctly in the wpNAVapt.txt. I've tried updating the airports by triggering new scenery added in the EFB Data Provider, but the areas that are greyed out (as mentioned before, all FSDT & Flightbeam airports) are not scanned by the new airport search.

Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix? Thanks

BuddyDog

Re: Aivlasoft EFB - Runways Missing in FSDT/Flightbeam airports
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 10:31:36 pm »
AivlaSoft EFB was based on AFCAD's dating all the way back to the original FSX, so there are a lot of things that Aivla Soft will not recognize.

Please see this thread in AivlaSoft's forum.

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/index.php?/topic/2147-what-i-have-learned-about-adding-runways-and-scenery/

bhorv67

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:14:04 am »
Thanks- I've looked through that thread, unfortunately it didn't help.

I'm still convinced the problem has something to do with how FSDT moved their file structure and why their airports are greyed out of the scenery list in P3D. This wasn't a problem before that changed.
I'm still running v3.4 and probably will be for a while - until all the addons I'm using have been updated to v4. I'm expecting to still be here for a few months. Luckily with the 1080ti I just got, v3.4 is looking better than ever.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 09:16:06 am »
I'm still convinced the problem has something to do with how FSDT moved their file structure and why their airports are greyed out of the scenery list in P3D.

Sure, but the REAL cause of the problem, is the utility you use hasn't been updated to support what is the officially suggested method to install a scenery in P3D, starting with V3 so, utility developers had almost 2 years to prepare to support it.

We can only hope that, now that we (and other developers too) started using this system, utilities will finally be updated, if they want to call themselves P3D-compliant.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 02:49:50 pm »
I'm still convinced the problem has something to do with how FSDT moved their file structure and why their airports are greyed out of the scenery list in P3D. This wasn't a problem before that changed.
Only problem in that theory is that Flightbeam's KMSP doesn't use the FSDreamteam Add-on Manager, as Flightbeam created their own with that one.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 12:14:35 pm »
Only problem in that theory is that Flightbeam's KMSP doesn't use the FSDreamteam Add-on Manager, as Flightbeam created their own with that one.

The FSDT Addon Manager or any other addon manager doesn't have anything to do with the usage of the official add-on installation guidelines from the P3D SDK, which anyone can choose to follow or not, regardless how the scenery is made.

As I've said, the problem is that every utility that must read the scenery library for any reason, in order to claim to be fully compatible with P3D MUST be updated to include scenery areas added with the add-on.xml method, because reading the scenery.cfg is no longer enough to have a complete list of active scenery areas.

These guidelines has been out since P3D V3 was released, so developers had about 2 years to prepare.

BuddyDog

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 02:25:18 pm »
bhorv67,

Maybe this link explains how to fix it for EFB better...

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/index.php?/topic/1195-runwaystxt-runway-identifiers-are-greyed-out/

This method worked for me in P3D v3.  It might not work for v4, though.

FWIW, Navigraph is working on an add-on for their charts that will include a moving map function (in Beta right now)

Here is what I have in my EFB User docs for FSDT KORD runway updates:

KORD 09R 10L
KORD 04L
KORD 04R
KORD 27L 28R
KORD 27R 27L
KORD 22L
KORD 22R
KORD 09L 09R
KORD 32R
KORD 32L 33
KORD 14R 15