Author Topic: Simultaneous FSX and P3D installation  (Read 2452 times)

tsamisg

Simultaneous FSX and P3D installation
« on: June 09, 2017, 09:08:32 am »
Hello,

First time posting. I purchased the new P3D 64 bit and installed GSX with no problem. However, I am not ready to give up on FSX yet and was wondering how to install GSX also for FSX.

To be clear, I plan on purchasing a second copy of the software.

The problem is if I try to install any of the other FSDT sceneries I have purchased into FSX now, the installation path is grayed out with the defacto default installation path pointing to the P3D\Addon Manager.

Any feedback/assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Simultaneous FSX and P3D installation
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:16:09 am »
The installer will always install in all supported sim at once, that's another of the many advantages of the new installer. Before, if you wanted to install into two simulators, you had to run it twice.

Some reasons why the FSX choice is not available are:

- Your FSX version is not supported, for example if you haven't installed the two Service Packs.

- Your FSX registry keys are missing or pointing to the wrong folder.

- You used the P3D Migration Tool, so your FSX registry is wrong because is now pointing to P3D, but there's no P3D there.

tsamisg

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 11:23:01 am »
Hello and thank you for prompt reply.

When I uninstalled GSX from FSX and used the updated installer that supported P3D v4 to install into P3D v4, the installer also found FSX SP2. However, I unchecked the box as I am under the impression that I can only use the software in only one of the sims. Are you saying that is not the case and I can use the same installer to legally install the software into both sims. I am asking as I wish to do the right thing and not use the software in any illegal way. 

Please let me know. If the answer is yes, it would only be a matter of uninstalling from P3D and running the installer(s) again and accept the installation into both sims.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:28:31 pm »
Are you saying that is not the case and I can use the same installer to legally install the software into both sims

Of course you can.