Author Topic: FSX Acceleration Multiplayer Carrier Ops  (Read 66210 times)

MudDog

Re: FSX Acceleration Multiplayer Carrier Ops
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2009, 02:16:30 am »
Im pretty new to MSFS, great mission!
   I cant land at all without ILS in my HUD.My question is the LSO is pretty quite,am I using comms incorrectly!
thanks,
    Mud

Orion

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2009, 04:41:46 am »
   I cant land at all without ILS in my HUD.My question is the LSO is pretty quite,am I using comms incorrectly!
thanks,
    Mud
Thanks :)!  If you're asking why the LSO is so quiet (I'm assuming you meant quiet, not quite), it's because there is none built in :P.  I left that out so some dude in a session to be LSO if they want.

I'm going to assume that the mission is working if you can use the ILS to bring you to the carrier...

It stops working in MP after 20s because of gamespy eventhough I am the host so I am continuing in SP.
So it is GameSpy's fault :P.

SUBS17

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2009, 06:17:44 am »
I don't know it most likely is as today we had some problems with Gamespy just using the Acceleration hornet for a canyon race. It was working ok a while back but now its degraded to the point of being useless. Might be better off using hyperlobby if it were possible.

MudDog

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2009, 07:30:39 pm »
thanks,
    Mud

WOW,I just read my post,you answered my questions.Thanks for interpreting my words properly,I shouldnt post when I been drinking!!! :)
Mud

Chicki

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2009, 02:21:27 am »
Hi all.  Great MP mission.  My buddy and I have been enjoying it.  I've only played it with just him and I.  One question.  When my buddy traps and crashes, he only seems able to rejoin as observer.  He can get in a jet, but I can't see him anymore.  Is this just the way it is, or have I missed something in setup or what?  Maybe the deal is....don't crash eh?  Lol!  Thanks pilots!

Orion

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2009, 08:49:40 am »
Hi all.  Great MP mission.  My buddy and I have been enjoying it.  I've only played it with just him and I.  One question.  When my buddy traps and crashes, he only seems able to rejoin as observer.  He can get in a jet, but I can't see him anymore.  Is this just the way it is, or have I missed something in setup or what?  Maybe the deal is....don't crash eh?  Lol!  Thanks pilots!
Nope, you haven't missed anything, it's just the way multiplayer missions work.  They were originally designed for racing, and with that in mind, it's logical because you wouldn't want players to get behind if they join late.   All I've done is just used the mission as a loophole to get proper AI into a multiplayer session.

And yes, it would help if you don't crash :P.  Or at least turn crash detection off in the session :P.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, is anyone interested in an adaption of this mission for that Nimitz carrier that was released a while back?  I was considering contacting the author regarding that, but don't know if anyone would be interested in using it in multiplayer.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 08:51:41 am by Orion »

Pop

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2009, 02:16:46 pm »
INTRESTED!!! :)

GOONIE

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2009, 09:28:29 pm »
I am definitely interested in a version of the mission using the Nimitz package, hopefully including an ILS  ;D Thanks in advance!

Is anyone else seeing two aircraft carriers in the current mission?  ??? They seem pretty close together. Is it possible to create an LSO view, or maybe even a PLAT view/camera?

Also, is anyone interested in a weekly MP sim session using this mission? Might need someone to call marshal if we get enough planes in the air ;)

"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2009, 11:37:07 pm »
Hi Orion

I would also be very interested in getting the nimitz used in a multiplayer mission
that would be amazing.!!! :)
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Orion

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2009, 03:13:34 am »
Well, good enough :).

I'll set up a proper poll at a few forums over the weekend and see what the majority of simmers think ;).

capthaltli: It's supposed to be like that :P.  Just go to the more detailed carrier with the lights and you'll be fine.  The other carrier is part of default scenery.  Also, there already is a deck camera.  If I recall correctly, when you right click, you'll find it under "Carrier".
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:16:36 am by Orion »