Author Topic: FSX:Steam freeze after landing at MDPC requesting services  (Read 27637 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX:Steam freeze after landing at MDPC requesting services
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 01:24:52 pm »
I said the crash requesting airport services on landing happened once, then it happened again at a second airport.

Which "second airport" ? So, basically, it happened only TWICE, in TOTAL ? Meaning, it's NOT a reproducible case, that happens everytime on the same conditions ?

The driver is causing the crash, but can you say the reason this crash is happening after I go up to the in game menus and gsx... settings? something in gsx is causing that.

I was referring to the crash in the airport, first.

However, even in this case, you are confusing the effect with the cause. GSX uses a standard library for its dialog boxes, called wxWidgets, which is used by thousands of product, so GSX doesn't obviously have any interaction with your screen or drivers. The wxWidgets will then call the Win32 api to create dialogs.

So, it seems that your system has a problem with a standard win32 dialog, maybe you have issues with some of the default controls .DLLs. Don't say "it's a clean installation", because something might have gone missing/corrupted.

Also, it's not very clear, if your report of the DirectX 9 crash was related to the GSX settings crash. If it's not, please post the relevant Event viewer crash that happens in THAT case.

What's sure, is that NOBODY, EVER reported a crash when entering the GSX settings.

p3dx3

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 02:21:29 pm »
I have not had time to do test flights. I've done 3 flights and 2 of them crashed after landing when I requested ground services.

I have a new FSX Steam install, with the only tweak adding affinity mask. I have only a small number of addons and airports. ASN. FTX Global, Vector, and addon airports like your JFK and LAX. Flightbeam SFO.

I tried both versions of the uiautomationcore.dll file and neither fixes the crash when accessing the GSX settings menu.

I have no other problems in FSX Steam. Only GSX is causing me issues and only in the past week.

This is your program. I would appreciate some help finding the cause of this. I deleted my Virtuali appdata folders. Nothing works. What can I post here or email you to help find the cause of this problem? Since the freezing happens when accessing only GSX, it is a conflict with my system and GSX. Just because you have not heard others say anything doesn't mean it is cannot be your program.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 02:31:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 02:35:17 pm »
I have not had time to do test flights. I've done 3 flights and 2 of them crashed after landing when I requested ground services.

Then please try GSX on a default airport.

I tried both versions of the uiautomationcore.dll file and neither fixes the crash when accessing the GSX settings menu.

This means the Event Viewer related to the crash in the settings (which I've asked), indicates a crash in the uiautomationcore.dll ?

I have no other problems in FSX Steam. Only GSX is causing me issues and only in the past week.

GSX is not causing you any problems, it's the opposite way around: your FSX and your installation are causing problems TO GSX.

Since the freezing happens when accessing only GSX, it is a conflict with my system and GSX

It's a conflict IN your system, that is AFFECTING GSX

Just because you have not heard others say anything doesn't mean it is cannot be your program.

It's not. It's your system, which is causing a problem TO GSX. And yes, just because NOBODY, ever reported a crash like that, it's proof enough.

However, you don't take my word for it. We can always have a Teamviewer session where, like in ALL other cases, where users were absolutely sure "it was GSX", after we had a TM session, I could always find what real cause was. PM for details.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 05:06:02 pm by virtuali »

p3dx3

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 02:41:13 pm »
I am not an expert and especially not an expert of your program. I have experience in the tech field so I am not tech illiterate. It could be a combination of my system with gsx. Or something with Windows 10. I will message you after my flight I am about to do. Thank you for the help. Could it be a dll conflict with FSLabs?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:14:41 pm by 413x3 »

p3dx3

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 03:40:30 pm »
Freeze again, landing at LatinVFR TJSJ. Is there a bug or texture problem with ground services only at certain airports? With codes starting T or M maybe?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 05:05:50 pm »
Is there a bug or texture problem with ground services only at certain airports? With codes starting T or M maybe?

Missing textures would usually cause just a black vehicle, not a crash.

p3dx3

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 07:45:44 pm »
Is there a bug or texture problem with ground services only at certain airports? With codes starting T or M maybe?

Missing textures would usually cause just a black vehicle, not a crash.

Could it be some misconfiguration or bug in the code for grabbing parking spots at certain airports? Or a conflict in the fslabs Airbus? I am only guessing here. It happens at all the airports I've flown to this week in the Caribbean. But not at airports on the mainland like your JFK. This started after the gsx update to pull data from the afcad file for selecting ground services.

Are you available to help me I private messaged you. I am available tomorrow morning 7am zulu time and all day after.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 07:47:49 pm by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 09:02:40 pm »
Could it be some misconfiguration or bug in the code for grabbing parking spots at certain airports?

Nothing in the GSX code can crash FSX, the worse it can happen in the GSX code (which, I remind you, runs ENTIRELY outside FSX, so it cannot affect it in any way), is that the Couatl interpreter might crash itself, but that's precisely the benefit of having it as an external program, that it CANNOT crash FSX, no matter what.

It happens at all the airports I've flown to this week in the Caribbean. But not at airports on the mainland like your JFK.

Ok, this is useful to know, that's why I asked if it happened everywhere.

This started after the gsx update to pull data from the afcad file for selecting ground services.

GSX read the AFCAD data to select the operator since it was released in 2012.

p3dx3

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 09:12:39 pm »
Wasn't there a recent change in the logic? From all the sim.cfg files listing ground handling based on airport codes, to only afcad airline codes? I once had different ground options like Swissport and Menzies but today only get them based on the parking codes in the afcad file. And FSX isn't crashing, it is only frozen, something in the background is still going, but the screen is frozen. Sorry I was not clear before, the freeze does not happen in any FSDT, Flightbeam, or Flytampa airport I have gone to in America. The freezes have happened to the Caribbean airports I have been flying to this past week. MMUN, TNCA, TJSJ, TXKF, MDPC that is why I guessed something with the ground handling in those regions. And I have been flying only the FSLabs Airbus, they have a lot of DLL files running in the background too. I would appreciate help tomorrow if you are able to, it is night time and I have things to do. Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:46:17 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 12:02:20 am »
Wasn't there a recent change in the logic? From all the sim.cfg files listing ground handling based on airport codes, to only afcad airline codes?

No change in logic, at all. You only have the ability to *override* the parking codes found in the AFCAD, which GSX always read since it was released. Doesn't obviously make any difference if the parking codes are being read from the AFCAD only, or even from your eventual overrides, since in both cases everything that happening, it's happening inside Couatl SO IT CANNOT CRASH FSX, as I've already explained so many times by now. Why keep arguing and insisting about the supposed "code changes". NOTHING in the GSX "CODE" can crash FSX, period.

I once had different ground options like Swissport and Menzies but today only get them based on the parking codes in the afcad file.

If you haven't made any overrides, it's working as it always were. I probably understand what the source of your confusion lies to: we added the distinction between cargo and non-cargo companies, so you won't have unrealistic situations of having passenger companies on cargo parkings.

However, there's a new fad going around with some developers, that flags *everything* as cargo or military cargo, most likely to get rid of default ground vehicles, something that might have been achieved by using the "ga ramp" type, in order to preserve the difference between cargo and non-cargo. Which is why, we added also the ability to override the parking TYPE too, so you can restore the proper parking type, without having to edit the AFCAD.

Since I believe LatinVFR used this method, I guess you are getting some random operators, because GSX could find a cargo operator, with the whole airport flagged to be cargo.

But this is totally irrelevant to your issue: NONE of this could cause a CRASH IN FSX!! The worse effect you would ever see of this change, is that you would have strange operators, which can of course be fixed by restoring the parking types as they are supposed to be.

And FSX isn't crashing, it is only frozen, something in the background is still going, but the screen is frozen. Sorry I was not clear before, the freeze does not happen in any FSDT, Flightbeam, or Flytampa airport I have gone to in America. The freezes have happened to the Caribbean airports I have been flying to this past week. MMUN, TNCA, TJSJ, TXKF, MDPC that is why I guessed something with the ground handling in those regions

I understood exactly, fact is, it doesn't happen here, and nobody else reported it. I asked to a beta tester that has the TJSJ scenery from LatinVFR that you said it always crashed, to check this, and he doesn't see anything strange. I tried the default TJSJ  scenery, and no crashes whatsoever. No freezes, nothing.

And I have been flying only the FSLabs Airbus, they have a lot of DLL files running in the background too. I would appreciate help tomorrow if you are able to

Of course, everything is possible, but I cannot see how or why it could happen JUST in the Caribbean. I already answered about being available for a TM session, no use discussing it here, send a PM.

it is night time and I have things to do.

It's midnight for me as well, and I am replying to you...

p3dx3

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 10:10:16 am »
This is the first time I am using Steam for flight sim, but did you try landing at those airports in the FSLabs and request a gate? Are you available for help? I am here the next 8 hours

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2016, 10:12:33 am »
This is the first time I am using Steam for flight sim, but did you try landing at those airports in the FSLabs and request a gate?

I was given an early beta of the A320, but it has been a while ago, so I'm sure it's quite different from the release version. During their beta testing, we were in touch with FSLabs and their testers, to include some extra features just for that plane, and nobody reported a crash, ever.

Are you available for help? I am here the next 8 hours

As I've said, send a PM.

sebizart

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2016, 11:01:08 am »
Hello :),

i join the battle here, because i've the same problem with my GSX. It's really recent but i don't believe it's linked to plane. I fly with FSLabs A320 and i've this freeze with pdmg 737 too.
Last night i landed with it and asked for ground services from taxiway after leaving the runway. Freeze, no move, but sound alright.
I can't explain it.
I've not any FSDT Airport, so i'm working with default.
Thanks for your support,
Regards,
Sebizart.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2016, 11:26:39 am »
i join the battle here, because i've the same problem with my GSX. It's really recent but i don't believe it's linked to plane. I fly with FSLabs A320 and i've this freeze with pdmg 737 too.

I've just had a Teamviewer session with 413x3, and we established the problem didn't had anything to do with GSX (as expected). His Windows error log was full of crashes from EZCA.exe, and d3d9.dll.

During a test, it was enough to open the EZCA menu to have FSX crashing. In another test, the sim crashed when switching between Windowed and Full-screen mode, without doing anything.

He tried stopping the FSLabs service from the Services list and removed the FSLabs modules from the XML files, and the crashes stopped. The FSLabs  service runs regardless of the airplane selected so, if there's a conflict with it and another module, it will might happen with every plane.

We thought there MIGHT be a conflict between EZCA and the FSLabs service, and this somehow affect GSX too, maybe because they both (by default) use the F12 key so, a crash in EZCA (caused by other causes), might cause problems to GSX when it tries to use the F12 key, which was "taken" by EZCA without being "given back" to the sim, because it crashed.

p3dx3

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2016, 11:27:42 am »
Hello :),

Last night i landed with it and asked for ground services from taxiway after leaving the runway. Freeze, no move, but sound alright.
I can't explain it.
I've not any FSDT Airport, so i'm working with default.
Thanks for your support,
Regards,
Sebizart.

I believe we found the issue and it is the FSLabs services that run even when flying another airplane. Next time you fly the PMDG, make a copy of your dll.xml file, remove the FSLabs entries, in windows stop the FSLabs service, and start FSX and fly the PMDG airplane. That should not crash your sim for now and hopefully FSLabs can respond with an answer or a patch.

Thank you Umberto for the great support sorry to waste your time!