Author Topic: Simulator not found during installation  (Read 4658 times)

moriflyer

Simulator not found during installation
« on: December 02, 2015, 12:32:56 pm »
Hi,

I recently purchased GSX and unfortunately I am not able to install the Software on my System since the Simulator cannot be found.

I assume this might be caused by the fact that all my programmes on C:/ were installed in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" 32-bit Folder instead of in "C:\Program Files".

I can't seem to find a way to Change that path. What can I do to make GSX work anyway?

Thx a lot

Mor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Simulator not found during installation
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 02:54:52 pm »
I assume this might be caused by the fact that all my programmes on C:/ were installed in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" 32-bit Folder instead of in "C:\Program Files".

This doesn't have anything to do with your problem, and that's the correct folder for all 32 bit apps anyway. But this is not an issue, since the GSX installer doesn't "assume" anything about the location of your FSX. Besides, you don't even say WHICH of the supported simulators you are trying to use GSX with, so I assume you use FSX. But of course, the installer supports FSX:SE, P3D V1, V2 and V3.

The GSX installer correctly ASK Windows for the sim registry keys, which means it will always work REGARDLESS of *where* you installed the sim. And, it will check if the correct version of the sim is installed there so, your problem is one of the following:

- Your FSX registry keys are missing/corrupted or pointing to the wrong folder

OR

- Your FSX is NOT the correct version. To run GSX, FSX+SP2 or FSX+Acceleration Pack or FSX:Steam Edition are required. If you have an older version, you can't use FSX. The FSX Service Packs are a free download from the Microsoft site.

capt.aram

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 04:06:42 pm »
did you find a way to solve this its happening with me and i dont know what to do.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 04:45:09 pm »
I already replied above.