Author Topic: MD-11F and other cargo aircraft  (Read 3533 times)

vc-10man

MD-11F and other cargo aircraft
« on: March 05, 2013, 11:17:12 pm »
Is there any menu option where instead of selecting Boarding, when a pax bus arrives at the aircraft and only then does the baggage get loaded, in the case of a cargo aircraft being prepared, only the freight gets loaded, e.g. PMDG MD-11F. I have accepted that there is no loading taking place at the Fwd L cargo door, but what about the loaders on the right-hand side.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MD-11F and other cargo aircraft
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:19:56 am »
Could you please explain a bit better what you would like to achieve ? Perhaps it's possible to obtain it by simply configuring the airplane.

vc-10man

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:43:23 am »
I had a feeling I may have been a bit obscure.

Okay, here goes.I'm preparing to fly a PMDG MD-11F at any airport XYZZ. Now having flown the PMDG MD-11 pax version coupled with the GSX Services, I am not only familiar with what GSX does to that aircraft, but am very contented, specially with the 90-degree pushbacks which compared to FSX's default push-backs means I now no longer push-back in a wide arc onto the grass or somewhere which just does not happen in R/w scenarios.

But when using the cargo version of that aircraft,MD-11F, I only want to load the freight containers utilising the same loaders as used when boarding is asked for in the pax version, but am reluctant to call for boarding as it is a cargo plane, so in effect has no passengers, so there is no need for the transfer bus to roll up at the stairways.

What I'd like to do is just have those loaders platforms uplifting the freight containers into the cargo holds. Is there a way of this being achieved? I'm aware from your previous reply that the left-hand side cargo door is something that will be addressed later.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 01:35:03 am »
So you basically want to get rid of the passengers bus ? There's an option for it, in the parking position customization page. It will be done at the parking level so, for example, you might select that option for all cargo parking positions. Note that you can select multiple parkings at once to apply that change.

vc-10man

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 05:22:31 pm »
Thank you for that.Just tried it and it works.

Cannot wait for the update to allow loading cargo from the left side.