Author Topic: Pushback issue in P3D v2.4  (Read 3459 times)

garpower

Pushback issue in P3D v2.4
« on: November 15, 2014, 06:10:13 pm »
Need help with the GSX pushback function...all others work great.
After selecting "Prepare for Pushback and Departure" I get the usual messages and the tug pulls into position, the marshaller SLIDES (doesn't walk) to his position and the message "Hello Captain, we're ready for pushback" pops up. This is where everything stops....the marshaller doesn't go to make the attachment; no "Please release parking brake" message. If I release the parking brake GSX screams, "Please set parking brakes, immediately" but nothing further happens. Any help to resolve this greatly appreciated, thanks!   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback issue in P3D v2.4
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 09:01:30 pm »
If the marshaller slides, in FSX it would mean you had the "Advanced animations" flag turned off, but that doesn't exists in P3D, so it can't be. Another possible reason, is that you are looking from too far away, or with a too wide zoom setting, so animations are automatically turned off by the sim.

If it's not that, I can't see any other possible reason that some setting/tweak gone wrong in your settings, because the problem doesn't happen here, and nobody ever reported it.

garpower

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 10:14:06 am »
Hello Umberto,

I've taken the time to investigate but still can't find the issue with pushback not working (marshaller stuck, away from the aircraft after the message "Captain, we're ready for pushback" pops up). I've since done an uninstall and clean install (virus scan off and configured to exclude GSX files) of GSX 1.9 but the behaviour of the pushback function persists....other functions work fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 10:24:20 am »
I've since done an uninstall and clean install (virus scan off and configured to exclude GSX files) of GSX 1.9 but the behaviour of the pushback function persists....other functions work fine.

Since the problem is NOT caused by GSX, it's quite normal you wouldn't fix the problem by reinstalling it. If there was a problem with missing files related to the installation, you wouldn't see the marshaller "sliding", you would see an error message about the marshaller not available.

Instead, there are only two possible causes for a sliding marshaller, which I already indicated in my previous reply so, don't waste your time reinstalling GSX, because it has nothing to do with it, and the problem is the viewing distance.