Author Topic: scenery bleed  (Read 5292 times)

rip2good

scenery bleed
« on: August 07, 2010, 06:19:23 pm »
not sure but after sitting on the airport gazing around i start to see some of the buildings start to stretch skyward then the airport begins to create a wall around my view point and the warter gets distorted the ground flutters
can anyone help me create a solution to this
thanks

jonathan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: scenery bleed
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 06:26:13 pm »
That's strange: JFK has been out since about 2 years, but nobody else reported this before.

From your description, it seems like video memory corruption, which might also be caused by overclocking or overheating (not unusual in August...), also because you said it happens after a while. Do you have a way to monitor the temperature inside your PC and/or video card ?

Also, it might be a video driver problem: are you using the latest drivers ? Also, if you are using the current version of the Addon Manager, try to enable the following setting:

HIGHMEMFIX=1

Then press the "Save to FSX" button to save the setting, restart FSX and see if it makes any difference.

rip2good

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 06:59:35 pm »
i think i fix it
i changed the resolution from 1280x1024x32 to 1280x1024x16
i hung around and notice no bleeding

rip2good

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 07:06:09 pm »
i also moved the target frame rate to 100% and wow me and jfk are going to see much of each other

jonathan

ilchristian

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:28:46 pm »
Unfortunately, I am having the same issue with the JFK scenery.  I looks excellent at first, then after a few minutes the textures begin going cray. Stretching to the sky, bleeding thru the aircraft until nothing is visible. Please help. :

System info:
Window XP
E7500 Core 2 Duo, 3Gig RAM
ATI HD Radeon 5670

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 10:45:33 pm »
Try to copy your fsx.cfg to a safe place (so you can restore it in case) like your Desktop, and remove it from its locations, to have FSX create a new one with all default settings.

The file is here:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX