Author Topic: Suggestion : "Follow-me" and "Warp me there" optional  (Read 1255 times)

KimK

Suggestion : "Follow-me" and "Warp me there" optional
« on: April 02, 2022, 01:43:23 pm »
Hello,

I'd like to come in with a suggestion. Most of the time (but it depends where you're flying of course - let's say in the big airports) you don't need a follow-me car at arrival. Most of the time as well, you don't need to warp the aircraft to the selected position as you just want to taxi there normally.

Could you consider adding two options ?

One option would maybe desactive by default the "Request follow-me" prompt, perhaps if you want a follow-me you could ask for the menu again and there it would give the option to request a follow-me car (in the same menu where you can change your parking facility for instance).

The second option would desactivate the "warp me there" feature by default (again, it could show in the menu if you ask for it again).

Therefore, it would further reduce the interaction we have with the menus. I tried to find if it was already suggested before but couldn't find anything.

Thank you for reading :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Suggestion : "Follow-me" and "Warp me there" optional
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 09:34:10 am »
As you noticed, nobody ever asked for this before so yes, it might be possible to add it, but before spending time on something only one users asked in 10 years GSX came out, it might be best to focus on more important features first.

KimK

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 03:32:21 pm »
Hum... Yes, I don't think I said that this feature should be added in the next 3 hours. As with the many suggestions I made on this forum (and will continue to make if I see something that could be improved in my point of view - and could benefit everyone tbh), it's only a suggestion and at the end of the day, you're the guy deciding if you introduce this suggestion and when.

Good day,
Kim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 03:35:24 pm »
Hum... Yes, I don't think I said that this feature should be added in the next 3 hours.

I never had the idea you wanted it in 3 hours, but I wanted to give some idea about its priority because, because a generic "we'll look into it" wouldn't say much and, if it's not there in a few months, somebody reading this post might assume that, each time we say "we'll look into to", nothing happens for months, regardless what it is.

KimK

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 06:16:00 pm »
Roger, didn't think of that. Thanks for considering it and no problem  :D

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 01:58:16 am »
Hi,

Just to put my hand up. I am another user who would appreciate a way of taking that menu out of the workflow.
Other than for testing, I have never used the follow-me or the warp factor feature.

Thanks
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

Keight

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 02:20:19 am »
+1. great idea. the fewer interactions with the menu the better.