Author Topic: Can we get a Cloud9 product page with screen shots?  (Read 5854 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Can we get a Cloud9 product page with screen shots?
« on: November 27, 2009, 08:37:50 am »
I just saw that Bergen was available for FSX. I have KMCO already and thought that was the only FSX airport available from Cloud9. However when I go here

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

and click on this

https://store5.esellerate.net/store/checkout/CustomLayout.aspx?s=STR4626178260&pc=&page=MultiCatalog.htm

it tells me to go here

www.fscloud9.com

for more informantion. When I go to that site it tell me to go back to this site. Basically what I am wanting to do is see some screen shots of the Bergen product for FSX before I buy it.

I don't see any real product info pages for any of the Cloud9 products with screen shots and/or information. Will this be updated in the future? I may want to take adcantage of the 30% off sales for Bergen if I can see some shots of what I will be getting.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can we get a Cloud9 product page with screen shots?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 11:26:10 am »
When I go to that site it tell me to go back to this site. Basically what I am wanting to do is see some screen shots of the Bergen product for FSX before I buy it.

The product has a freely downloadable Trial version so, which is of course way better than any screenshot, since you can see how the product works and looks on your own system.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 12:59:15 am »
The product has a freely downloadable Trial version so, which is of course way better than any screenshot, since you can see how the product works and looks on your own system.

LOL, funny I didn't think of that. I was just thinking of looking at the screens before I took the time to d/l, install, and try it. Perhaps I will d/l and give it a try.

Thanks for reminding me.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 01:15:03 pm by virtuali »

skimmer

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 05:18:42 am »
Alot of people want to look at screenshots to decide if they even want to try the trial. I know they make a big difference in my decision.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 12:03:18 pm »
Alot of people want to look at screenshots to decide if they even want to try the trial. I know they make a big difference in my decision.

That's "old technology", for those accustomed to the old way of selling stuff, which is luring people with professionally made screenshots with graphic quality settings that nobody will ever be able to use in real life, only to have them disappointed because, after one buys the scenery, he'll discover that, to have something comparable to what was shown on screenshots, settings should be boosted so high the scenery will be basically unusable.

If a scenery developer *knows* about the limitations of his product ( looking good on screenshots, not so good and not very usable in real life ), he'll probably put tons of screenshots, but no Trial version.

We know this way of selling stuff works, in the short term, because many people makes impulse purchases, based on screenshots.

We beg to differ: we'd rather lose some sales on the short term, because we KNOW many people downloading the Trial will not buy the product. This is also costs money, because we consume WAY MORE bandwidth compared to someone that doesn't offer a Trial. Some are even charging again for downloading the installer more than once, citing "bandwidth costs" as an excuse...

But we think this is the correct way of doing things, in the long term. Since we are quite sure a good percentage of users had a look at the Trial, it means ( if they bought it ) they did it with confidence, which in turn means a satisfied user, one that is more likely to buy other stuff from us in the future.

However, this doesn't mean we are *against* screenshots. In fact, we DO have screenshots for the FSDT products. But we intentionally made them not so well presented, because we WANT you to use the Trial.

A screenshot might say how the scenery looks like, and there's also "Screenshot" area in the forum, with screenshots posted by users, but it will never said the most important thing, which is how the scenery WORKS, only the Trial can do it.

In any case, this was about Cloud9 products, and we didn't put any screenshots, because those are products that were released years ago, the most recent one is Bergen, which was released in early 2007, we thought they should very well known by now.  And, some of them are airplanes, and I think that it's just not possible to judge an airplane with screenshots only. A scenery, maybe, but an airplane, for example the F104, were the most important feature it's the feeling of the flight model, HAS to be tried first.

There are some Cloud9 products, instead, which I agree might be better presented with screenshots, and it's the X-Class series, because they don't have a Trial version so, screenshots are needed.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:08:49 pm by virtuali »

skimmer

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 11:06:02 pm »
Thanks for pointing that out. I am glad you do things the way you do which is why I'm a retuning customer. ;)

Deltalpha

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 03:41:24 am »
What about people that have slow connections? It would take a while to download an 80mb or 100mb file...

Why not the best of both worlds?  ;D

SirIsaac726

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 05:41:22 am »
What about people that have slow connections? It would take a while to download an 80mb or 100mb file...

Why not the best of both worlds?  ;D

Stinks for you? ???

I think it is now becoming just picky.  Virtuali's long post I'd say is enough reasoning to have just the Trial.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 10:21:39 pm »
What about people that have slow connections?

Switch to DSL or cable.  This is the wrong hobby to be in with AOL.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock