Author Topic: Gsx not saving customizations.  (Read 2732 times)

Michael1

Gsx not saving customizations.
« on: August 29, 2019, 05:53:54 am »
A new issue has arisen very suddenly. After replacing all the default jetways, successfully, I tried to add a second jetway to gates which support the 747-400. The first time, I was successful, while still in the simulator FSX). When I went to the operate jetways option I would see both the custom jetway and  a gsx jetway n.1 in the menu, with the option to direct them to doors 1L and 2L. Perfect. However, when i restarted the sim, the second jetway is still visible, but no longer recognized by GSX. Strangely, there was an entry for the second jet way in the gsx .ini file for that airport. I tired again and reset the position; replaced the jetways and again everything worked fine, while in the sim. Another restart and again,only one jetway was detected. I checked the addon manager to see if  both GSX and GSX 2 were active and registered and they were. After the update today, The second jetway is no longer recognized, even after a parking spot reset. Do I need to delete the .ini for this airport and start over? Also, I checked to make sure GSX was reading the correct afcad, and it was.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gsx not saving customizations.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 11:53:04 am »
It's impossible to help you without knowing all the following:

- the scenery you are editing

- which kind of jetways it originally came with

- how you excluded them

- which gate you customized (if it had a jetway and how which kind)

Michael1

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 04:18:53 pm »
Sorry;
Simaddons CYYC (Calgary Airport)

it came with .bgl jetways- I replaced them with GSX, successfully

I excluded them the usual way through the GSX exclude radius and then ran the GSX control panel.

As I stated, I customized all the gates  and then tried to add a second jetway at gates D72 and D74.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 04:46:38 pm by Michael1 »

Michael1

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 09:31:08 pm »
I believe I've figured out the problem. The second jetway was detected as too small for the parking space ( eventhough it connected to the aircraft nicely) after some trial and error and proper rotation of the jetway, it worked.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 11:38:03 am »
Ok, now I understand. You said the jetway wasn't recognized, so I assumed some bug in the editor that resulted in the jetway gone, for some reason.

Instead, you had the 2nd jetway, it was just not solvable by SODE because of its type and placement. You can use the Test function while editing the parking ( press the 5 key on the NumPad and wait for the the ok sound ), that would ensure that jetway will work, at least when parked on that position.

Michael1

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 03:39:18 pm »
Thanks.  :)