Author Topic: Dino's T-45C Goshawk version 1.85 & Javier Fernandez's Nimitz carrier released  (Read 12275 times)

JamesChams

« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:36:51 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

FalconAF

OK, got a question about this.  I downloaded the above 2 items, and the carrier package said it recommended the use of AICarriers2.  So I downloaded that also.  It required the Jave app JRE, so I installed the latest version of that also.  Order of install I did was:

1. JRE
2. AICarriers2
3. Nimitz carrier download

I never got to installing the T-45 because when I started FSX, I kept getting an error message saying that the Virtuali bglmanx was hosed now.  It gave me the option to run it or not, so I tried it both ways.  Either way, I now have no building at any of my FSDT airports...just the jetways like if I had used a demo and the time ran out.  In my root FSX folder, I have the following 4 "bglmanx" files:

bglmanx.dll
bglmanx.dat
bglmanx_fsdt.dat
bglmanx_aerosoft.dat

ALL of the above files now have "Date Modified" dates of 4/18/2009 5:40 AM.  That's when I did the installs of the above 3 items.  I uninstalled all 3 items above and still get the error when starting FSX.  File names and Date Modified are still the same also.

Any ideas what the heck happened and how to fix it? 

JamesChams

The BGLMANX.dll issue is NOT related to these packages.  It is a know issue with installs of FSDT sceneries.  Virtuali has indicate (in several posts) how to resolve this.

HERE is one solution: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=804.msg5829#msg5829
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 02:12:49 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Please, let me know if I understood correctly: your bglmanx worked fine, but as soon as you installed the above packages, you started to get the error ?

If yes, it's probably the usual FSX error, that FSX gets confused when a new module is trusted, and creates issue to other installed modules that always ran before. In this case, the module you trusted was probably AICarriers.

The solution is always the same:

- Try to install any of our products again, or the stand-alone Addon Manager. This will get you the current version of our files, just to be sure.

- When FSX says the module might not work, ignore it and allow the module to run. Don't worry if it crashes FSX, just try it again.

- If it doesn't run on the 2nd try, reboot Windows and repeat the procedure

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The BGLMANX.dll issue is NOT related to these packages.  It is a know issue with installs of FSDT sceneries.  Virtuali has indicate (in several posts) how to resolve this.

It's not an issue of FSDT sceneries. It's a KNOWN FSX bug that AFFECTS our sceneries, but just because we use a module to run them. It affects any other module or gauges: I get it randomly (meaning, it doesn't happen very often, but it DOES happen) on pmdgoptions.dll, wilcopub.dll, leveld.dll, etc.

It always happens when a newly installed module has just been trusted: something in the Windows trusting system goes bad, and random modules fails when run the first time a module is trusted. I think it's probably a Windows issue because, usually, a Windows reboot fixes the problem.

JamesChams

BTW: Gents/Ladies,

Dino has released his latest BETA v0.94 of the F-14D Tomcat here as well...

Enjoy!  :)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 04:13:15 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

UPDATED: 8/7/09

Gents/ Ladies,

I've compiled Launch/Recovery information on several Addons for use on these carriers: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.4 by James F. Chams

Or, you can read the full post here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/show...p;postcount=354

Enjoy & let do me know if you have any issues...  :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 04:05:49 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

UPDATE 7/01/09:

Gents,

I've made a minor update to the Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.1 to include the T-45C which has a misaligned Tailhook and is now fixed.

DOWNLOAD HERE: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.1 by James F. Chams

BEFORE FIX

AFTER FIX

Enjoy! :)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

UPDATE 7/02/09:

Gents,

I've made a major update this time to the Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.2 to include the Dino Cattaneo's T-45C v1.85 from v1.1 as well as AlphaSim's Tornado F.3 & F-105D Thunderchief, Iris F-14A/B (Premium Series/Pro Series), F-4 (RAF & RN), F-15C/E, & EAP (All Varients).

DOWNLOAD HERE: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.2 by James F. Chams

Enjoy!  :D 8)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:43:52 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

2nd UPDATE: 7/2/09

Well, in investigating the tailhook locations issues for the Acceleration F/A-18A, CaptainSim's F/A-18D & F-117A, I found that Microsoft got their Acceleration F/A-18 dead-on accurate in all its settings.  However, CaptainSim's F/A-18D's tailhook was misaligned (and I've now fixed it) and both their Launch Bar location are correctly forward but NOT dead-on accurate to their locations; they do, however, work as intended.

So, I posted another new fix here: Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.3 by James F. Chams

Acceleration F/A-18A (Correcting settings)

CaptainSim F/A-18D (settings off)

CaptainSim F/A-18D (settings Tailhook Fixed)

CaptainSim F-117A (settings somewhat correct)

Enjoy! :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 05:04:28 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

Gents & Ladies,

Mr. Dino Cattaneo has just release his F-14D BETA v0.99 (Click here) + UPDATE to AfterBurners & other issues.

Also, check out this awesome video by Mr. Cody B.
FSX - The NIMITZ PROJECT

Enjoy!  8)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:46:26 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

Gents/Ladies,

Mr. Dino Cattaneo's FREEWARE F-14D v.A1.00 is out HERE

Enjoy!  8)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams