Author Topic: "Tweaks" section of Addon Manager Greyed Out  (Read 2708 times)

ubersu

"Tweaks" section of Addon Manager Greyed Out
« on: June 13, 2017, 05:31:21 pm »
Hi,

For whatever reason, the entire "Tweaks" section of the current Addon Manager is grayed out. I can go in and check entries and the graying goes away for each checked entry but when I save to FSX, end FSX, and come back, the entries are grayed again. The manager knows what I have installed and its status, so that section is behaving normally. This is new behavior with the current version. Is the graying normal unless something changes?

DJ

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Tweaks" section of Addon Manager Greyed Out
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 12:56:24 pm »
The ability to choose which tweaks to apply when pressing "Save", and the ability to save an FSDT tweak without saving a simulator tweak has been requested by user for a long time, and the new Addon Manager is made to answer precisely to that suggestions, because:

- There's no [fsdreamteam] section in the FSX.CFG or Prepar3d.CFG anymore, we now save the FSDT Addon Manager tweaks in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- When you press Save, the ONLY tweaks that are always automatically saved, are the Addon Manager tweaks in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, the FSX/Prepar3d.CFG files are NOT touched.

- If you *want* to apply a simulator tweak, you must first enable it and then press Save. Only the enabled tweaks will be saved, so you won't be forced to save all tweaks, when you want to change only one of them.

- The page resets to all tweaks disabled, but that doesn't mean they are "disabled". They are "disabled from the next SAVE" but, if you enabled them and pressed Save eariler, they WERE saved in the .CFG file of the simulator. Of course, like any other tweak in the sim, it's required to restart the sim for the tweak to be applied.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:15:47 pm by virtuali »

ubersu

Re: "Tweaks" section of Addon Manager Greyed Out
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 10:29:47 pm »
Hi,

Pretty much what I thought, although certainly not intuitive.

Thanks,
DJ