Author Topic: CYVR .MDL objects not found error **SOLVED**  (Read 3099 times)

Johnliem

CYVR .MDL objects not found error **SOLVED**
« on: November 04, 2015, 10:31:53 am »
Hello Umberto

I have also similar problem with the couatil.exe for FSX and aslo for P3D

couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Wed Nov 04 08:25:05 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 138, in onEnter
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 208, in onEnterArea
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 161, in refreshDynamicObjects
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 43, in refresh
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 128, in refreshObjects
  File "couatl\CYVR\__init__.py", line 269, in seasonChange
  File "couatl\CYVR\__init__.py", line 250, in patchSeason
RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the file specified: "C:\ProgramData\virtuali/FSDT_CYVR/CYVR_sf01.mdl"
{'Airport': 'CYVR', 'User Pos': (49.18996282550758, -123.20681753818614, 8.33845 m, 4.07145 m, 100.01468637490814)}

it says also that I have to install the last version of stand alone add on manager, I have already done it but it is still the same error,
this issue I have since P3d V3, as I add scenery manually in P3D V3, also in FSX.

what should I do?

PS:  I Redownload all the airports as I have most of them, but It still does not work, what I see only runway without buildings.

thanks

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:14:52 pm by virtuali »
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, Nvidia RTX 3090, DDR4 4000 128GB, P3D V5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
CYVR .MDL objects not found error
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 10:48:26 am »
I have also similar problem with the couatil.exe for FSX and aslo for P3D

Your issue is TOTALLY different and doesn't have anything to do with the one reported in that thread so, in order not to confuse other users reading that thread, I created a new one with a more proper title.

The one reported in this thread was an old version of Couatl crashing with a Windows event log error.  You, instead, have a proper Couatl error report, which indicates the cause:

RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the file specified: "C:\ProgramData\virtuali/FSDT_CYVR/CYVR_sf01.mdl"

This seems to indicate you haven't installed FSDT CYVR using its own installer.

this issue I have since P3d V3, as I add scenery manually in P3D V3, also in FSX.

You should NEVER try do install sceneries manually! It won't EVER work. We don't have files "just" in the scenery and texture folders, we have lots of Simobjects to install AND the installer MUST be run in order to properly CONFIGURE THEM!

what should I do?

Install your sceneries under FSX and P3D, always running the installer, TWICE. Once to install into P3D and another time to install into FSX.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:50:18 am by virtuali »

Johnliem

Re: CYVR .MDL objects not found error
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 02:55:28 pm »
This seems to indicate you haven't installed FSDT CYVR using its own installer.

(as I bought all FSDT products, why should I install them with other installer?, I download them from FSDT website , and Install them from the files I have download from FSDT)

You should NEVER try do install sceneries manually! It won't EVER work. We don't have files "just" in the scenery and texture folders, we have lots of Simobjects to install AND the installer MUST be run in order to properly CONFIGURE THEM!

I aware that all FSDT softwares install to what you mention above. and of course I do not install FSDT software manually.

Install your sceneries under FSX and P3D, always running the installer, TWICE. Once to install into P3D and another time to install into FSX.

I run the installer TWICE as I know that I have FSX and P3D.

the problem is that couatl restart it self the couatly scripting, and the cause of that I could not see any building of each FSDT airport I installed (from FSDT installer )

and as I mention earlier that , I have to install the stand alone AddOn manager, but sitll the same issue
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:25:59 pm by virtuali »
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, Nvidia RTX 3090, DDR4 4000 128GB, P3D V5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 03:34:07 pm »
(as I bought all FSDT products, why should I install them with other installer?, I download them from FSDT website , and Install them from the files I have download from FSDT)

Fact you bought them, doesn't automatically mean you installed correctly using their own installer. That error seems to indicate you haven't installed them.

I aware that all FSDT softwares install to what you mention above. and of course I do not install FSDT software manually.

You said yourself you did that:

Which is confirmed by the error you got.

I run the installer TWICE as I know that I have FSX and P3D.

If you had, you wouldn't have that error. The error seems to indicate you installed in one sim, and added the scenery manually in the other sim, which is what you said you did.

Unless you meant something else with "I add scenery manually in P3D V3". In that case, please clarify what you really mean with this.

the problem is that couatl restart it self the couatly scripting, and the cause of that I could not see any building of each FSDT airport I installed (from FSDT installer )

The problem of Couatl restarting itself is not relevant. It's NORMAL that Couatl would try to restart itself when there's an error. The issue is, the error won't appear if you install the scenery using the scenery installer in BOTH sims.

and as I mention earlier that , I have to install the stand alone AddOn manager, but sitll the same issue

Since your error is caused by not having an object that comes with the SCENERY installer, because the installer hasn't been run, installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager won't change anything, since the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer doesn't come with any objects that belongs to a scenery. They only came with the full scenery installer, and that's what you must install.

Maybe you used the P3D Migration Tool ? That might explain why, even if you ran the scenery installer, the scenery was installed in the wrong sim, because what the Migration Tool does, is to fool installers that recognize FSX only, to go in P3D instead. Which means, it MUST be turned OFF when installing products that DO recognize P3D, which is the case with all our products.

Or, maybe you ran the installer, but haven't paid attention to any errors that happened during the installation ? That might also explain why the files are missing: the installation was aborted for some reason, so no all files have been installed, but of course this cannot happen without you realizing it, because you should have seen errors while installing.

Johnliem

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 03:54:42 pm »
Finaly.

I reinstalled them and now works, thanks for the explantion, BTW I do not use  P3D Migration Tool.