Author Topic: Trying to create a PSA logo for ground equipment, Is this correct?  (Read 4428 times)

RayP

Is this correct?

Iam using the USER staircase, this is all I have in that folder, I that correct?

Model.01
Texture.PSA
Sim.cfg

In Texture.PSA I have my GSX_logo_4x1.dds file and Texture.cfg

In texture cfg I have:

fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_Staircase\texture01
fallback.2=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.red
fallback.3=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.red
fallback.4=..\..\FSDT_Baggage_Loader\texture.01
fallback.5=..\..\FSDT_Staircase_user\texture.PSA

In Sim.Cfg I have:

Sim.cfg

[fltsim.0]
title=FSDT_Staircase_01_USER_FSDT
model=01
texture=FSDT
couatl.icaoprefixes = LI

[fltsim.1]
title=FSDT_Staircase_PSA
model=01
texture=PSA
couatl.icaoprefixes=? K
couatl.atc_parking_codes=PSA

I know the logo works because when I put it in one of the already created file (USAIRWAYS) it works great.
Thanks for any help

RayP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trying to create a PSA logo for ground equipment, Is this correct?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 08:58:43 pm »
In texture cfg I have:

fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_Staircase\texture01
fallback.2=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.red
fallback.3=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.red
fallback.4=..\..\FSDT_Baggage_Loader\texture.01
fallback.5=..\..\FSDT_Staircase_user\texture.PSA

If this is *exactly* what you have, it doesn't work, because you missed the beginning square bracket on the [fltsim] section.
In Sim.Cfg I have:

Sim.cfg

couatl.icaoprefixes=? K
couatl.atc_parking_codes=PSA

With this this command, you have given a priority of 1 everywhere, and a priority of 1 on US airports so, the K is redundant, because once you say you have a priority of 1 "everywhere", the US airports are already included.

So, this operator will only appear at airports where NO OTHER operator has a priority higher than 1. Is this what you wanted to achieve ?

RayP

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:18:00 pm »
First Great product and thanks for helping me!

I have the Bracket, just didn't copy far enough over. As far as the commands go I want PSA to show in the ground selection menu in as many airports as possible, Another question would be ifs it's not there can you call it up manually?

Thanks

RayP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 10:43:54 pm »
As far as the commands go I want PSA to show in the ground selection menu in as many airports as possible

The operator selection menu will only display the operators with an equal highest score, otherwise it will be too long. If you want to increase their chances to appear, you must raise their score.

Try putting ????, I'm not entirely sure it will work, because I haven't tried it, but it might...

RayP

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 12:23:03 am »
Sorry I have done something wrong

I can not get the menu to display
I tried a complete reinstall but nothing
Every thing else seems to work in including the live update
Suggestions?  If I can get it to work again I am going to leave the paint along!!

RayP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 12:27:08 am »
Sorry I have done something wrong

I can not get the menu to display
I tried a complete reinstall but nothing

What menu ? The operator selection menu, or the whole GSX menu ?

If you are missing the whole GSX menu, it's likely that something you wrote in the SIM.CFG of your custom paint might be wrong, and of course reinstall GSX won't obviously fix this, since the GSX installer doesn't know anything about your own files.

RayP

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 12:33:25 am »
The on screen selection menu will not come up...I will look my sim.cfg over

Thanks

RayP

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 12:43:17 am »
I replaced the original "user paint file" however the "you control" will not come up on the screen. everything else seems to be working. I can put up live update, the addon manager is saying the product is active? suggestions?

RayP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 01:48:35 am »
I replaced the original "user paint file" however the "you control" will not come up on the screen. everything else seems to be working. I can put up live update, the addon manager is saying the product is active? suggestions?

The YouControl menu is ONLY available at some FSDT airports so, it's normal if don't see it everywhere.

And, it's not clear what do you mean with "everything else seems to be working". Everything else from FSDT ? Everything else in FSX ?

Do you have all the GSX menus ? Or, you have just the Couatl menu ? Or, you don't have any Couatl menu, but you have the Addon Manager menu ? Or, you don't have ANY FSDT menu ?

Please, try to be more precise in your descriptions, because it's really hard trying to help you otherwise.

RayP

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 02:22:42 am »
Sorry, understand
All of GSX is working except when I press the( "Hot Key) to open the on screen menu ( The one where you request deboarding, fuel, boarding, pushback etc) doesn't appear? Also before if you were at a airport where you aircraft was too big for the parking space a green text message would appear telling you so..Hope that explains better

RayP

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 11:29:00 pm »
As an update. I did a complete reinstall and have got everything working. Still can not get my paint to work however if there is no way to have it show up at each airport than It won't work for me. I fly only PSA jets and Props ( Pacific Southwest Airlines, worked for them back in the 80's)I wanted only my "Company" ground equipment to service my aircraft where ever I go.
I think that it would be a great idea to add to the program in the future where you could default your ground equipment for every airport. For now I have found that If I put my logo in the SW folder and add my current location and my next planed destination to the sim.cfg I am able to select southwest at both airports and get PSA ground crew. Long way around but it works.

Anyway Thank you very mush for this great product and your help.

RayP