Author Topic: Jetway Sinking  (Read 4093 times)

cfeli

Jetway Sinking
« on: April 17, 2015, 08:19:14 pm »
I parked my PMDG 737 NGX at gate 82.  Then I activated the jetway, the wheels went completely below the surface in order to get low enough to align with the door (see attachment).  Is this supposed to happen?

Charlie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway Sinking
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 09:36:23 pm »
The jetway animation is controlled by FSX, and it's known to have some bugs, which happens even on default airplanes on default airports.

There's nothing we can do on our side to fix this, unless we'll replace the jetway animations system with something entirely custom, which is something planned for a future GSX version.

cfeli

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 06:16:44 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.  A fix for this FSX bug would be fantastic!

Charlie

toriu

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 09:54:57 pm »
Just a thought...If you plan to customize the jetways in the future, would it be possible to include windows in them in order to view passengers boarding and de-boarding? As only the head to the waist would be visible it may simplify things.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:01:19 pm by toriu »
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 09:59:08 pm »
Just a thought...If you plan to customize the jetways in the future, would it be possible to include windows in them, to view passengers boarding and de-boarding? As only the head to the waist would be visible it may simplify things.

That's not a GSX feature, rather a scenery feature. You surely wouldn't want to have transparent windows everywhere, most of the airports have opaque jetways, and it's the *scenery* that must include the proper kind for any specific airport.