Author Topic: Blurry Night Textures and Object Conflict  (Read 3798 times)

pilot3033

Blurry Night Textures and Object Conflict
« on: March 01, 2014, 05:05:30 am »
Hello! I tried searching but I couldn't fine anyone with quite the same issue I'm having. Running DX9 on Windows 7 64bit and an NVIDA card.

I've attached two screenshots of what I'm talking about. The ground textures appear blurry, as if they are supposed to be the ones you see from afar. You can see this clearly in the text, which is unreadable. I have HD Textures forced, and I don't see this issue during the day. On a side note, there appears to be a conflict with a few ground objects and gate 12B. Those, however, look like default containers. The only thing I could imagine getting in the way is FSTGlobal, but I didn't think it applied any AFCADS.

Thanks in advance!
http://i.imgur.com/tBhc0B2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/o08L9zK.jpg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Blurry Night Textures and Object Conflict
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 08:47:15 am »
The textures might be blurred because you turned off HD textures in the Addon Manager. However, at night they are supposed to be of a lower resolution anyway.

I can't see any conflict or default buildings in your screenshot.

pilot3033

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 09:40:06 am »
Nope, textures are 4k. If they're maybe supposed to be a bit lower res, that would explain it. Although I noticed on a flight earlier that the aircraft position markings on the taxi line were blurry now during the day, too. Maybe an LOD thing? I was in zoom 1x.

The conflict is the gate wheels are inside of those American Airlines containers. I wasn't sure if those containers were part of the scenery or some default scenery bleeding through somehow.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:41:56 am »
The conflict is the gate wheels are inside of those American Airlines containers. I wasn't sure if those containers were part of the scenery or some default scenery bleeding through somehow.

Those objects are coming from the FSDT scenery. The jetway wheels positions are not predictable, since the jetway moves but, since you are supposed to use GSX at KLAX (regardless if you own it or not, it's free to use, so we assume you have installed it), GSX should remove them automatically when you select the parking in GSX.