Author Topic: Jetways @ KLAX  (Read 3950 times)

FlyingOger

Jetways @ KLAX
« on: May 26, 2013, 09:33:53 am »
Hi Folks,

as far as I read from the manual, the Gates should be moving, right? Unfortunately, for me this currently doesn't work. Now I am wondering if that might be related to a possible AES/GSX conflict... Before I purchased GSX I spent some free AES credits on FSDT's KLAX. I currently have them all disabled in AES since GSX works better at KLAX, but the jetways won't move no matter what I do-- I also reassigned the key for default jetways.

Is this a know problem and/or a fix available?

Btw and unrelated, when you look at page 5 of the manual, does anyone know what those dwarfy second jetways are for? They can hardly be use to dock a jet...

Thanks
Torsten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways @ KLAX
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 10:40:25 am »
as far as I read from the manual, the Gates should be moving, right?

Sure. There are just a couple in the whole airport that are static though.

Unfortunately, for me this currently doesn't work. Now I am wondering if that might be related to a possible AES/GSX conflict... Before I purchased GSX I spent some free AES credits on FSDT's KLAX. I currently have them all disabled in AES since GSX works better at KLAX, but the jetways won't move no matter what I do-- I also reassigned the key for default jetways.

That looks like the only possible explanation: if the AES file is still enabled, jetways won't move anymore with the standard FSX command.

Another possible explanation, is that you un-checked the "Advanced Animations" flag in the FSX graphic settings, but in that case every animation in GSX wouldn't work, not just the jetways.

Of course, be sure the airplane you use has the exits in the [Exits] section in the FSX format, with x,y,z positions, not in the FS9 format (without positions), otherwise no jetways at no airport will work.

FlyingOger

Re: Jetways @ KLAX
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 05:26:59 pm »
Ah great, missing piece of information... not that I thought that GSX was really to blame.

Indeed, Exit coordinates were still in FS9 syntax, many thanks for your help!

Torsten