Author Topic: Invisible Buildings  (Read 6706 times)

deltafan

Invisible Buildings
« on: March 17, 2011, 12:40:49 am »
Hi guys,

I'm having some issues with JFK for FSX, the buildings aren't showing up. I've tried the suggestions given in topics that describe a similar issue to mine.

I've followed the following:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

I've also attempted reinstalling the latest standalone Addon Manager and I have been running the latest JFK installer. I do see both the Couatl and Addon Manager menus in the simulator, and to my understanding that means everything is running correctly, however, buildings at JFK still do not appear. I also have HNL facing the same problems. Any help or guidance towards a solution or suggestion I may have missed would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Invisible Buildings
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:56:37 am »
I do see both the Couatl and Addon Manager menus in the simulator, and to my understanding that means everything is running correctly, however, buildings at JFK still do not appear.

Yes, if you see both menus, it means all the software is running correctly. Nothing related to the program running, antivirus, etc.

Has the scenery being added to the Scenery Library ? Have you seen installation errors about any problem with your scenery.cfg ? If your scenery.cfg already had an error before installing our product, the installer will warn about this and since it can't modify a corrupted file, it will abort, so no scenery will be installed.

Are you running Vista or Windows 7 and using FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes ? If yes, turn them off, because this won't work.

Also, check if you have the following file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err

If you have it, post its contents here

deltafan

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 03:59:06 pm »
It is in the Scenery Library, nor did I get any errors during installation. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, but no Compatibility modes enabled when running FSX, although it does automatically turn off visual themes when I run the simulator, regardless if I have that option checked or not. I've also tried running the sim without 'Run as Admin' and with 'Run as Admin' with the same result both times. No %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err file either.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 06:01:54 pm »
Then I'm sorry, there's no reason whatsoever why you shouldn't see buildings, other they you have turned the Scenery Density too low. Have you tried simply restarting Windows ?

deltafan

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 05:19:57 pm »
I've tried a few more reinstallations, including reboots right after installation, still no luck. Scenery sliders are at max. One thing I did notice while slewing around the area of JFK, sometimes the models of some of the buildings flicker on for a half a second then disappear again. Are there known incompatible addons? I've got FSUIPC installed with EZdok camera and have tried running the sim without EZdok.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 08:09:29 pm »
Have you tried looking for AFCAD duplicates ? Use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find them.

Another thing you can try, is to remove your FSX.CFG from the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder. A new one will be created with default settings. Maybe you applied a tweak which is not compatible with your system.

deltafan

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 02:19:39 pm »
Having some luck with a new FSX.cfg file!  :) Buildings now appearing, now I've got to sort through some tweaks to see which was the problem tweak. Thanks for your help and patience. :)