Author Topic: FSX Building Problem  (Read 9827 times)

iFlysimX

• iFlysimX
FSX Building Problem
« on: October 18, 2010, 11:52:19 pm »
I just installed KFLL 1.2 and the building won't show up.......I have SP2 installed with XP. And also in FSX the add-on Manager wont show up either.... Ive tried re-installing KFLL 1.2 the Add-On Manager and still no building.

Thank You,
Clement H
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 12:23:08 am by Clement312 »

skimmer

Re: FSX Building Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 08:11:07 am »
Could be you need to turn off any (anti virus) you are running. Personaly I dwnld , install and play with all that shut off.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 11:46:55 am »
- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

iFlysimX

• iFlysimX
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 11:31:11 pm »
I have no Anti-Virus Installed on my Computer. Ive just tried to reinstall everything and it still wont work.........ohhh and i have KFLL Installed on FS9 and everything is working fine!! And do i need to Install The Add-On Manger or its already included it the KFLL 1.2 Setup?

Thanks,
Clement
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:27:15 am by Clement312 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 09:50:24 am »
I have no Anti-Virus Installed on my Computer.

Do you recall being asked to authorize the Addon Manager to run, the first time you launched FSX ? Have you replied yes ?

i have KFLL Installed on FS9 and everything is working fine!!

Of course, the problem is not the Addon Manager, it's your FSX installation, or something wrong in your Windows installation that affects FSX. FS9, for example, doesn't use any trusting system for modules, which means it's one thing that can go wrong in Windows that doesn't affect the FS9 version. And, there are no Simconnect libraries needed in FS9, which is another thing that could be missing or corrupted, that doesn't affect the FS9 version either.

And do i need to Install The Add-On Manger or its already included it the KFLL 1.2 Setup?

It's always included. If you just downloaded the installer now (during last week or so), there's no need to install the stand-alone Addon Manager.

Try this again, please:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- Reinstall the scenery. Please NOTE if you are asked to authorize the Addon Manager and the Couatl engine by FSX.

iFlysimX

• iFlysimX
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 07:22:50 pm »
When i reinstall KFLL and i lunch FSX it doesnt ask me anymore to authorize......

In my FSX.CFG under TRUSTED is

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.ulccqbweekqzeiliiiwhbaliznwuozulqtniroib=1

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.ubnczkancwttcabitkunbqkrwktieccoznutoilt=1

And also the Jetways now shoe but still no buildings.....

Clement
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 09:51:51 pm by Clement312 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 09:33:01 am »
Ok, that means you have probably told Windows to automatically trust anything from us. But is not really a problem.

The =1 at the end means the program has been trusted, and has loaded just fine so, it's not a problem of running our modules, because they are running, at least up to the point of being trusted.

It's best to activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to understand what's going on, this way:

Open Notepad, and copy the following text:

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Files

At the next FSX launch, you should see a text window with diagnostic messages: the FIRST 5-6 lines are important: you should try to note what they are saying.

iFlysimX

• iFlysimX
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 03:06:26 pm »
Here

[url]http://img813.imageshack.us/i/sim.jpg/]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:55:50 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 03:58:50 pm »
Ok, this has been very helpful:

The module failed to load due to "Missing Dependencies" which means is looking for a system .DLL, that is missing and/or corrupted.

The only external dependencies our module requires are the Visual C++ runtimes, which are installed automatically by our installer, and the Simconnect libraries, which should be installed by FSX. The version required is the SP2/Acceleration.

So, either your C++ runtimes are missing or not installed, or your Simconnect install has a problem

You can try fix the C++ problem first:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the istances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version, remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

One after the other one, in this order.

iFlysimX

• iFlysimX
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 10:50:46 pm »
Still Doesnt work and it still gives me the same error in the SIMCONNECT.INI picture i posted.......

Thanks,
Clement
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 10:52:23 pm by Clement312 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 11:14:55 am »
Still Doesnt work and it still gives me the same error in the SIMCONNECT.INI picture i posted.......

As I've said, the problem could be caused EITHER by the C++ runtimes missing/corrupted OR by Simconnect DLLs missing or corrupted, and I've told you to try the C++ first, because they are the easier to fix.

So, if it's not fixed, it means something wrong is in Simconnect instead.

- Uninstall FSX SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration )

- Go to your Windows folder, usually C:\Windows, then the folder WinSxS. So, you should be inside the C:\Windows\WinSxS now, assuming you have installed Windows in the default folder.

- Find a folder named like this, and REMOVE IT:

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20

- Reinstall FSX SP1, then SP2 (or Acceleration)

There's no need to touch any of the addons. Just do this, don't uninstall anything, uninstall only the SP2, remove the Simconnect folder, then reinstall SP2 without doing anything else.

iFlysimX

• iFlysimX
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 10:55:11 pm »
This Folder is not in there...... x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20

iFlysimX

• iFlysimX
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 11:55:02 pm »
ITS WORKING!!!!! i deleted this Folder since i didnt find the other one

x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_x-ww_fb842f5a

and i reinstalled SP2 and KFLL and now ITS WORKING!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Clement