Author Topic: Something's blocking Couatl  (Read 8176 times)

tubavet

Something's blocking Couatl
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:14:23 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I posted this in another post but have a feeling it got lost in other discussion so apols for starting another post.

I've installed most the FSdreamteam sceneries without problems but about a month ago I downloaded the KORD update and ran into problems.  My antivirus was NOD32 v4 and not had any problems up to that point.  I have always had couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll added to the exclusions (as well as my FSX folder).  When downloaded new scenery I've always turned off the real time scanning aspect while downloading from the website and while installing (and right click to run as admin).
Since installing the KORD update I've not been able to get couatl menu in FSX (I've the add on manager menu).  I realise it's not the install per se but something blocking couatl but running out of ideas.
Initially I presumed a bad install so I uninstalled and also removed addon managed and couatl when asked and then reinstalled with the antivirus turned off including realtime scanning but no success.  I then uninstalled an previous airport (KLAX) that was working fine and reinstalled as above to no success.
Convinced it must be an antivirus problem I actually uninstalled my antivirus completely (I was due to upgrade to v5 anyway), rebooted, uninstalled a scenery and addon manager and couatl, mande a fresh download with no antivirus (not too concered as usually turn off anyway) and installed without an antivirus on my computer.  I did have windows defender installed but believe it's not caused problems before.

I've still had no success to get couatl running and not sure where to turn next.  I've only used the ESET products for about 3-4 years with no problem, but even with no antivirus installed am still getting problems.  I use Windows 7 64bit and the only firewall is the default windows 7 one.
My computer specs are

Have attached my FSX.cfg file in case thats any help.  Since the original post I've again tried with all the real time scanning turned off when downloaded and installed and readded the exclusions for BGLMANX.dll and Couatl.exe but again no success.

Thanks for your help.

Phillip

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Something's blocking Couatl
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:58:49 pm »
If you are really sure you don't have an antivirus installed, and you have installed the most current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer AFTER installing the scenery, it's possible your problem doesn't have anything to do with the antivirus.

First, when you uninstall the Addon Manager (or the scenery) entirely, do you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and YES to the question "do you want to remove the Couatl script engine" ?

If you reply YES to BOTH questions, after you reinstall the Scenery first, and the Addon Manager next (in this sequence), are you being ASKED by FSX permission to run both modules ?

tubavet

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 12:39:18 am »
Hi,

Yes I did click yes to uninstall and clicked yes to add permissions.

Phillip

tubavet

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 01:08:45 am »
and just to add, add on manager seems to be working just couatl.

Phillip

tubavet

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:28:47 pm »
Just an update,

Been following a similar thread and noticed my add on manager was 2.9.0.0, so redownloaded and reinstalled.  I let FSX re-accept addon Manager and Couatl and then closed and restarted FSX.

My addon manager is now 2.9.0.1.

Couatl.exe is version 2.0.0.2290

FSX.exe digital signature is ok (as is your couatl one).

Generated a Couatl log file and the results are:

couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
log started on Mon Jan 30 20:07:51 2012

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.

Hope this helps with some clues.

Phillip

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 09:39:29 pm »
Hope this helps with some clues

You are not giving the most important information: do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl menus under the "Addons" menu ?

From your log, it seems Couatl is running, but the Addon Manager isn't. Have you tried restarting FSX again, or rebooting Windows before launching FSX ? Sometimes, a newly trusted module doesn't run on the first launch, but it does on the next one.

tubavet

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 11:17:38 pm »
Hi,

I have the addon manager menu but not the couatl products menu in FSX.  I restarted FSX but not tried a windows reboot since reinstalling so will try and let you know.

Phillip

tubavet

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 12:24:59 am »
Have retried today following windows reboot and still no Couatl menu present.

Phillip

tubavet

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 03:41:44 pm »
Hello,

Just an update to my problem.  I've had AddonManager and Couatl uninstalled for the past few months with a view to starting from scratch once a couple of changes/updates made to both (GSX been released etc).

Today I decided to try to reinstall and see how things went but have now run into a new error.

1 - Turned off virus scanning including real time virus protection.
2 - Uninstalled Zurich to ensure that both addon manager and Couatl removed.
3 - Downloaded new copies of Zurich and Stand alone add on manager.
4 - Rebooted PC in case any temp files remaining.
5 - Again turned off virus scanning including real time virus protection.
6 - Installed Zurich using run as administrator option in Windows 7.
7 - Installed Stand Alone add on manager using run as administrator.
8 - Ensure that virus scanning exceptions till in place for main FSX folder and also individual ones for bglmax.dll and couatl.exe files.
9 - Started FSX and allowed addition of Addon Manager and Couatl to FSX.CFG file.
10 - Selected Zurich and immediately got an error this time it said  "The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted.  Details can be found in  ...................  Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager from ..............."
This error occured immediately when started flight from the Main FSX menu.   The error details were  "couatl v2.0 (build 2307)
panic log started on Sat Apr 28 14:17:56 2012
Executable integrity compromised"
11 - Clicked on close lots of time while FSX loading scenery etc and eventually loaded Zurich.  After about 15 secs another message was obtained  "The addon '1' is out-dated" Please download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager".  I click ok and the scenery loads properly.  Left alone then couatl encounters an error after another 20 seconds or so and after clicking close reloads etc etc.

I have check addon manager version 2.9.0.3 which I just downloaded from the website so presume is the latest version.  and couatl build 2307 from the error log.

I rebooted the PC after closing FSX and restarted FSX but still the same errors as above.

Any ideas about how best to proceed?  I started getting error after installing the Chicago update after using LSZH, KORD, KJFK, KDFW, PHNL, Hawaiian 1, KLAX and KLAS all fine since release.  I'm not saying the Chicago update caused the problem per se but something seems to have triggered it off at that time as had installed numerous of your products using the same technique fine without error.

Phillip

Der Flieger

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 05:12:49 pm »
Sorry, I don't want to hijack this thread, but I've read that you downloaded Version 2.9.0.3 from the website...I've just wanted to update my Addon Manager too, but my download said it is Version 2.9.0.2...

Where did you download you file? :)

Thank you!
Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

tubavet

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 11:22:57 pm »

Der Flieger

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 12:09:15 am »
Hello Sebastian

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

Phillip

Thank you Phillip, but that's where I downloaded the Addon Manager...but if I download the exe from this link, I only get the Manager in version 2.9.0.2?  ???

Regards,
Sebastian Szuecs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 12:59:21 pm »
Thank you Phillip, but that's where I downloaded the Addon Manager...but if I download the exe from this link, I only get the Manager in version 2.9.0.2?  ???

The installer is 2.9.0.2, but the online version of the actual module .dll is 2.9.0.3, as long as your internet connection is working, it's not possible getting an old version by mistake, unless some other product (like an antivirus or a firewall) is blocking the download.

tubavet

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 11:40:45 pm »
Hi Umberto,

May have missed with the past couple posts but any idea regarding my problem 5 posts up?

Phillip

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 10:16:36 am »
the "Executable integrity compromised" has been discussed several times already, and it's caused by another product which is attaching itself to all executables, for example:

- The freeware ATI Tray Tools utility

- A similarly invasive system utility

- A real virus