Author Topic: GSX not working in P3Dv4.5 despite update  (Read 1356 times)

jay907uk

GSX not working in P3Dv4.5 despite update
« on: August 31, 2022, 01:09:11 am »
Hi,

I've used the new FSDT Installer and it does the necessary steps but when I click to open GSX it won't open or work?

I don't have any standard AV only using Windows Defender and have turned this off when running the update, I'm not 100% sure how to do anything with regards sorting out rules, I've tried to go into Excluding the Addon Manager folder but something isn't showing up corrctley for me to Exclude the folder.

Is there any file I can send for you to check if it's a file missing where you mentioned something about Nodes or if the issue is with the folder not being Excluded.
GSX was working fine unitl I did the update, but know it won't work at all. I'm not very computer literate and am unable to sort the issue or find out what the cause is hence me asking for some advice / help?

Thanks

Jason

CraigyW

Re: GSX not working in P3Dv4.5 despite update
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 04:03:56 am »
Hi,

I am also having this problem. The option to change the parking positions is not visible in the drop down menu either.

Cheers
Craig

jay907uk

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 06:28:30 pm »
Hi,

Could someone from FSDT offer some advice as to what I'm supposed to do. The GSX menu box will not appear or anything?????

Thanks

Jason

VitaminA330

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 09:32:06 pm »
Same problem here: First it started with the sound being disabled. So I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX - then the sub menu wasn't even there, and all sceneries stopped to show up. So I updated GSX with the Universal Installer, and then again let the live update run once again (of course everything with Antivir and firewall off), and restarted Windows. Now the scenries work again, and the GSX sub menu is there. But it doesn't open - neither the "settings" menu, nor the "Show GSX control..." menu - and neither by mouse click on the menu, nor by the keyboard shortcut.

Really annoying, as this came out of the blue, after GSX has worked nearly flawless for years before. Please, what can we do??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dominik

dnunes

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 05:10:56 pm »
After being away from my computer for two weeks I was expecting that GSX would be running smoothly as before the updates. I started by running the Live Update and then checked GSX operation at EGLL (Aerosoft scenery): I noticed immediately the same problem I had two weeks ago. I get the GSX menu but the jetways would not move after the command. At that time the FSDT GSX Control Panel showed that the default jetways were enabled. I was unable to disable them. So I have uninstalled all GSX and started a new installation (with my AV disabled). I could see that now the default jetways were disabled, however the jetways at Heathrow would not move!
What can be wrong with my installation?

Regards,

Domingos

beechcaptain

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 05:52:04 pm »
II have the same problem. All worked well during the install of many airport sceneries on my new P3Dv4.5 pc, until yesterday (09/01) after installing FSDT KMEM. KMEM was missing part of terminals so I uninstalled and reinstalled KMEM.  Now all of KMEM buildings are missing and the GSX sub menu is there, but it won't open - neither will the "settings" menu, nor the "Show GSX control..." menu - and neither by mouse click on the menu, nor by the keyboard shortcut.  I updated GSX with the Universal Installer, and then again let the live update run once again (of course everything with Antivir and firewall off), and restarted Windows. 

GSX menus used to work on all of my other airports prior to installing KMEM, but not any more.

I tried updating GSX & GSX Level2 again but it did not make any difference. Please, help.

Thanks in advance.

Kindesst regards,

Glenn

falcon71

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 09:45:52 pm »
I have the same problem in P3D v4.5.
Last week, it worked somewhat. This morning, I could not open the GSX menu with they key command or the menu entry. MSFS works fine though...
I run the online updater every day and the current offline updater after that.

Code: [Select]
Airport cache regeneration completed with success in 91 seconds
GSX SimStart
Creating model cache...
Loading airport EDDM from F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimMarket\TAXI2GATE-EDDM P3Dv4 P3Dv4\data\EDDM\scenery\EDDM_AF-SODE.BGL
Loading user customizations from C:\Users\denni\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/GSX\eddm-cartayna-v4.ini
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 949, in setJetwayAirlineCode
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 993, in getModelForCouatlType
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 962, in getModelsForCouatlType
  File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 763, in _cache
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 832, in _loadCacheFromPath
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 904, in _loadLiveriesForModel
  File ".\python27\ConfigParser.py", line 350, in items
  File ".\python27\_abcoll.py", line 565, in update
  File ".\python27\collections.py", line 93, in __iter__
RuntimeError: this tasklet is taking too much time to execute
{'Airport': 'EDDM', 'User Pos': (48.35786886522291, 11.792549696264018, 457.33 m, 4.09384 m, 263.86987265322193, -0.0001686788455117494, -0.00017453292093705386, -0.0, 3.98068812789917, 1.0)}
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 09:48:52 pm by falcon71 »