Author Topic: Jetway not working  (Read 7764 times)

pride545

• Beta tester
Jetway not working
« on: June 10, 2012, 09:15:32 am »
I was at KLAX with the Captain sim 777 at Gate 49A and could not get the jetway to work. All it did was set there and wiggle the end adjustment part (the part that fits to the aircraft). This is after the latest update!
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway not working
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 09:30:05 am »
As explained, countless of times already ( both in the forum AND in the manual ), GSX doesn't change, doesn't interact, doesn't affect and is not affected by the jetways in the scenery. Whether they work or not, doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

The ONLY things that could affect jetways at KLAX are:

- The position you stopped the airplane which affects the distance of the jetway to recognize the airplane.

- If you disabled "advanced animations" in the FSX graphic options, jetways won't work

- If the scenery has a problem in the AFCAD, like two overlapping jetways. Nobody has ever reported this before, but we'll have a look anyway at the KLAX AFCAD.

The only this sure, this doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which is why the topic has been moved in the KLAX area.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 06:31:55 pm »
I followed your marshaller to the parking spot. The afcad I am using camne with your scenery. I do not have advanced anamations off!
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 09:47:56 pm »
I followed your marshaller to the parking spot. The afcad I am using camne with your scenery. I do not have advanced anamations off!

As I've said, I'll check the scenery, of course.

XCLTM3

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 11:26:37 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I had the same problem at Term 1 - Gate 12A at KLAX. I followed the Marshallers instructions, but the jetway "wiggled" around and couldn't get to the plane door. (PMDG NGX). Similar problem at Term 1 - Gate 2 KLAX, but this seems to have been rectified a couple of months ago as it now works perfectly.

No big deal Umberto, just thought I'd let you know.....KLAX is my most favourite payware airport out of all the ones I have in FSX, and I've got about a dozen others!

Rgds,

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 12:02:24 pm »
i tried theCS777 at gate 102 (KLAX) and everything worked as advertised.
Moe Works

selwing95

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 12:25:21 am »
I also having this issue at JFK V2 Terminal 2 Gate 21. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you.

pilot3033

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 06:58:10 pm »
I've had issues where the jetways at LAX (particularly terminal 5) won't hit the door. I think it has something to do with how FSX calculates the animation, and where the "head" of the jetway is at the start. The issue seems to be only with gates that are already sort of pointed at an aircraft door. You can see an example of what I'm talking about in the GSX banner on the home page of FSDT's website, where the jetway is at an acute angle relative to the 737's door.