Author Topic: JFK V2.1 Update - Addon Manager Indicates Out of date. **SOLVED**  (Read 5573 times)

oldguy

I downloaded and installed the FSX JFK V2, 2.1 update. However, the Add-On Manager states it is Installed & Active but needs to be updated? How do I get this message to go away. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall with the 2.1 update?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:38:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK V2.1 Update - Addon Manager Indicates Out of date.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:51:39 am »
As explained in this and other threads, the JFK V2.1 update shouldn't be used if you used the current full installer, but ONLY if you had the original 2.0 installer, which is not available anymore.

The current full installer IS already a 2.1 version (which can been verified by checking the version number, and of course the version is also displayed when the installer starts), so you don't need to install the update.

Just install the full installer and nothing else. Don't do anything else, there's no need to uninstall anything, just install the full 2.1 installer.

oldguy

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 03:48:01 pm »
OK. Sorry but I must have missed this thread. It started for me when I was informed of an add-on manager update. Could you tell me how to get the full installer and reinstall so I am back to the proper version?

Thanks - oldguy = old people  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 10:47:49 pm »
It started for me when I was informed of an add-on manager update

If you are informed of an add-on manager update, you should download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, not update the scenery (unless, of course, you get both notifications) ! When there's a Add-on Manager update notification, it will also open your browser to the Stand-Alone Addon Manager download page.

Yes, we had such update a couple of days ago, due because of the release of P3D 2.1. You also have an option to read the release notes before doing the update, and have the option to ignore it, in case it's doesn't interest you (in this case, if you use FSX only, that update didn't do anything for you)

Could you tell me how to get the full installer and reinstall so I am back to the proper version?

The full JFK V2.1 installer is on the same page where you downloaded the JFK V2.1 Update, so it's both on the JFK V2 page AND on the "Products" page, it's just the "other" button, that one that reads "Download FSX version"

oldguy

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 03:45:42 am »
Went back and downloaded the ONLY FOR FSX version, NOT 2.1, and reinstalled - SAME RESULT. The message I get in the add-on manager is "Product Installed and Active is Outdated."

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 11:24:19 pm »
Went back and downloaded the ONLY FOR FSX version, NOT 2.1, and reinstalled - SAME RESULT. The message I get in the add-on manager is "Product Installed and Active is Outdated."

Sorry, but that's not possible, and it doesn't happen (and of course nobody else has reported it). I've checked it to be sure, and no, installing JFK V2, just the Full installer, doesn't result in any "Scenery Outdated" message. I've just uninstalled and reinstalled JFK V2 now, and that doesn't happen.

Check this:

- You are not confusing JFK V1 with V2, so you are looking at an "outdated" alert for JFK V1 instead. Perhaps coming from a leftover of an old installation not followed by a proper uninstall, but from a manual removal of files.

- Be sure the installer you are launching is really the you downloaded.

- Be sure your browser is not playing tricks on you, by caching the download so you downloading an older version over and over from your local cache. The current installer, which is online now, is version 2.3.1.0, you can check it by right-clicking the installer .exe, select "Properties" then "Details"

oldguy

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 01:38:18 am »
Wow. Impossible. OK. I have attached a few screenshots of "impossible" since I obviously do not see what I am seeing. BTW, I never had the JFK version. I only purchased v2 along with other airports like KLAS, KDFW, KORD, and KLAX V2.

Won't trouble this forum again. I will figure it out myself.

Real OLDGUY

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 01:08:52 pm »
Wow. Impossible. OK

Yes, impossible, if you followed my explanations.

I have attached a few screenshots of "impossible" since I obviously do not see what I am seeing

You misunderstood my reply ENTIRELY. I surely believe that you are seeing the message. Where, exactly, I said I don't "believe" you ?

While I believe what you are seeing, the problem might have happened for one of the different reason I've clearly indicated in my previous message, that you seemed to read only up to the "impossible" word...Fact that I've listed several possible causes, clearly proves that I BELIEVE you are seeing it, but that doesn't change the fact that, when the correct installer is launched, this DOESN'T happen, and this is a fact.

Let's try it again. These are several POSSIBLE reason why you might have seen this:

- Be sure the installer you are launching is really the you downloaded.

- Be sure your browser is not playing tricks on you, by caching the download so you downloading an older version over and over from your local cache. The current installer, which is online now, is version 2.3.1.0, you can check it by right-clicking the installer .exe, select "Properties" then "Details"

I've removed the first one (confusing JFK V1 with V2), since you posted the screenshot that shows the message is coming from V2 but, of course, I HAD to include it as a possible reason, because it happened to other users too.

So, again, instead of implying that I don't "believe" you, which is not obviously the case, why you don't try to check the THINGS I've clearly indicated in my previous message about POSSIBLE causes of the problem ?

If you are absolutely sure you ARE launching the current installer, report BACK, because there are OTHER things that can be checked, like a possible issue created by another scenery or an incomplete removal of an older JFK V2 installation (= manual removal).

oldguy

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 02:23:19 pm »
Thanks. I sat down last night and went through the scenery.cfg fie & all indexes and discovered my grandson added some scenery (forgot to tell grampa) that caused the conflict. Addon manager and JFK versions I previously reloaded were correct.