Author Topic: pushback direction  (Read 3563 times)

nabeel

pushback direction
« on: February 08, 2014, 07:40:20 am »
Hi,

From some of the edge gates at the terminals, like Terminal 4/Terminal 5 where you can't really turn the plane around - the GSX pushback gets you out, but you're facing the wrong direction. So when using the PMDG 777, I have to use that pushback to get it back enough that I can turn around on my own power. Is this known, or could there be a AFCAD conflict? How can I check for that? I am using MyTraffic2013, if that matters. I know some AI do have their own AFCAD, but the gates for AI do all seem correct.

Sorry for being vague on examples, I can't exactly use my desktop atm, I'm trying to find a chart, but I can probably get some screenies later on, if it's still unclear.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: pushback direction
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 02:48:52 pm »
Please, clearly indicate the exact number of gates where this happens and of course, be sure GSX is using the AFCAD that comes with JFK, if there's an AFCAD conflict, the whole JFK airport customization will not be used, and that means losing (in addition to lots of other things) any custom pushback we defined for the airport.

You can check if GSX is using the correct AFCAD, by selecting the "customize this parking position" option. The scenery customization editor that will open up, displays the name of the AFCAD used by GSX.

nabeel

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 06:37:53 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for replying. The gate is Terminal 4, Gate 3. There are some screenshots here of where it pushes back to. It should be going much further back to clear the other gates and terminal.

http://imgur.com/a/w3QFx

I checked the GSX settings, the AFCAD appears to be correct.

Thanks!
Nabeel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 06:56:23 pm »
Ok, that surely needed a custom Pushback. Use the Live Update to get it.

nabeel

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 07:10:27 pm »
Thanks! Just pulled it down. I'll check other gates as well