Author Topic: German Airport EDDM/EDDF  (Read 8513 times)

streichholz

German Airport EDDM/EDDF
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:44:56 pm »
First of all, i'm a big fan of fsdt airports. It would be fantastic to see a Airport like EDDM / EDDF from FSDT. The airosoft Airports EDDM/EDDF are ok, but all Airports from FSDT are better (like Geneva..).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: German Airport EDDM/EDDF
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 01:01:42 pm »
We we ran a pool, we included EDDF but, it didn't seem to be so popular:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,3497.0.html

Or, maybe, most people seems to be happy with the Aerosoft rendition.

llNewton

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 03:20:34 pm »
We we ran a pool, we included EDDF but, it didn't seem to be so popular:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,3497.0.html

Or, maybe, most people seems to be happy with the Aerosoft rendition.

Probably cause rest of the airports are placed in the US or Canada. You should have a separate one with europe airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 03:36:34 pm »
Probably cause rest of the airports are placed in the US or Canada. You should have a separate one with europe airports.

If US/Canada are inherently more popular than Europe, than we don't have much other choice than continuing doing US/Canada airports. THIS other poll here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,3499.0.html

contained two European airports, and both got more votes than EDDF so, as I've said, there's a combination of Europe probably not being as attractive than US AND (specific to EDDF) users are generally satisfied with what they have.

llNewton

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 03:50:58 pm »

If US/Canada are inherently more popular than Europe, than we don't have much other choice than continuing doing US/Canada airports. THIS other poll here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,3499.0.html

contained two European airports, and both got more votes than EDDF so, as I've said, there's a combination of Europe probably not being as attractive than US AND (specific to EDDF) users are generally satisfied with what they have.

Ok, when will the next poll be?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 04:04:11 pm »

We have so many works already scheduled ( KIAH, next big US airports already in the works, KLAS remake, KORD remake, GSX updates ), that a pool won't be needed at least for the whole year.

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 06:30:51 pm »
Aerosoft has said that they are completely remaking EDDF from scratch ( No ETA...surprise!). I don't think there is anything wrong with EDDM and it isn't that old. That is one of my favorite airports to fly to in Europe.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

llNewton

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 06:35:39 pm »

We have so many works already scheduled ( KIAH, next big US airports already in the works, KLAS remake, KORD remake, GSX updates ), that a pool won't be needed at least for the whole year.

I like that, I flew home for a few months ago with 777 from Texas houston. I will most likely buy that airport.

streichholz

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 08:40:30 pm »
Aerosoft has said that they are completely remaking EDDF from scratch ( No ETA...surprise!). I don't think there is anything wrong with EDDM and it isn't that old. That is one of my favorite airports to fly to in Europe.

Sorry but the EDDM from Aerosoft is old. The new buildings at T2 are missing and the textures are ok, but it could look much better and no static jetways would be great. FSDT airports can handle the STRG+J. I know AES will do the work for me but GSX is my favorite!

VitaminA330

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 12:29:01 pm »
Aerosoft has said that they are completely remaking EDDF from scratch ( No ETA...surprise!).

For several years some Aerosoft developers have been making little comments about an EDDF remake, but I never saw an official statement about it. However I can't understand why they decided to upgrade EDDF between 2005 and 2008, when there have certainly been fewer changes to the airport than between 2008 and now (new runway!!). They might know better for themselves. Well at least I personally didn't buy the 2008 version after the 2005 version because I thought it's not worth buing a whole new scenery again. At least now I certainly would NOT be happy with the current version, mainly because of the missing new runway. I would always prefer a FSDT version of any airport over an Aerosoft version. Let's see if one day there will be a remake by anyone of them.

However what has always been a pain with EDDF was AI traffic for those who use it (like me). It never worked nearly realistically nor smooth, as Rwy 18 was either not in use or "uncontrolled" while the old Rwy 25R7L (now 25C/7C) took ALL the takeoffs, resulting in a large traffic jam at the taxiways. Maybe with the new Rwy it will become a little better, but that always prevented me from flying from or into EDDF a lot, though being from Germany and an annual visitor of the airport.

streichholz

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 05:46:06 pm »
Same to me. Frankfurt is one of the biggest european airports. I can fly to Washington, New York, Dubai .. without any problems but Frankfurt kills my PC.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 07:35:56 pm »

Aerosoft is extremely slow :-( 
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 04:56:52 pm »

It only seems that way because they post the preview thread way too early in development.  ORBX shows nothing until it's ready for beta, nobody knows they've been developing it for the last year or two.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 11:17:31 pm »

It only seems that way because they post the preview thread way too early in development.  ORBX shows nothing until it's ready for beta, nobody knows they've been developing it for the last year or two.

why the heck do they do it ?  :(
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Hnla

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 01:17:20 am »
Do what?! Just two different marketing strategies.