Author Topic: Modify Pushback vehicle speed?  (Read 3061 times)

Alex James

Modify Pushback vehicle speed?
« on: June 08, 2013, 10:25:04 pm »
Hi,

I was wondering how, at if all possible, I could change the speed the pushback vehicle moves. I think it is slower than RW pushback vehicles go, and believe me, I know how fast they go. I've driven them several times, and see them literally every day. It is slow in GSX.

Thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Modify Pushback vehicle speed?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 11:37:32 pm »
I was wondering how, at if all possible, I could change the speed the pushback vehicle moves. I think it is slower than RW pushback vehicles go, and believe me, I know how fast they go. I've driven them several times, and see them literally every day. It is slow in GSX.

There's a Wingwalker walking with the pushback which is supposed to go together with the truck and be always in sight of the pilot so, the truck speed can't obviously be faster than a normal walking speed.

Right now it's 0.9 m/sec = 3.25 km/h, which is about right for a typical walking speed, which is of course realistic based on the walking animation, and it would look very funny if we simply played it back at an accelerated rate.

Alex James

Re: Modify Pushback vehicle speed?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 01:42:12 am »

There's a Wingwalker walking with the pushback which is supposed to go together with the truck and be always in sight of the pilot so, the truck speed can't obviously be faster than a normal walking speed.

Right now it's 0.9 m/sec = 3.25 km/h, which is about right for a typical walking speed, which is of course realistic based on the walking animation, and it would look very funny if we simply played it back at an accelerated rate.
Okay, that makes sense.

Thanks anyways.