Author Topic: Request for front door to open but no stairs provided. **not a GSX issue **  (Read 10976 times)

Jetsetter

I am at Malaga airport and have been asked to open door 1 but no stairs for de-boarding have been provided.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:21:37 pm by virtuali »
Windows 7 Home 64bit - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX Gold - GSX - FS Cabin Crew -ASN SP3

VHHHflyer

Re: Request for front door to open but no stairs provided.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 09:29:05 pm »
Hi,
Check the GSX menu. Maybe the parking has a jetway option was ticked.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 11:09:41 pm »
Only if he ticked it...   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 11:23:09 pm »
Only if he ticked it...   ;)

There's no need to tick it, on a native FSX scenery which proper jetway. The only time when one needs to enable that option manually, is when using a 3rd party scenery with static jetways, that GSX has no means to detect, but on a native FSX scenery with animated jetways, such as default sceneries, GSX will automatically detect the jetway and will set that option correctly. Of course, it can still be changed, if needed.

In this case, the jetway was probably invisible because the Scenery Complexity setting was too low, and many jetways on default airports don't appear at all Scenery Complexity levels.

So, GSX has detected it, and doesn't display front stairs or the passenger bus, but FSX doesn't show it, because the Scenery Complexity is too low.

That's another case where setting that option manually might be useful: if the higher Scenery Complexity setting can't be used for any reason (too low fps, etc.) turning the option off, will result that parking to be considered in open space, even if there was a jetway originally.

Jetsetter

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 10:56:17 am »
Here are my scenery and GSX settings. The problem is not if a jet way appears but the stairs not showing after being requested to open the main front passenger door.

Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX Gold - GSX - FS Cabin Crew -ASN SP3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 12:00:02 pm »
Here are my scenery and GSX settings. The problem is not if a jet way appears but the stairs not showing after being requested to open the main front passenger door.

Your screenshot simply confirms what I've said, and that's no GSX problem.

As you can see, the "Parking has a jetway" option is enabled, because this is what the scenery AFCAD indicates (unless if was off by default, and you enabled it yourself).

When the parking has a jetway, GSX wil not show FRONT/MID stairs (only REAR stairs, if the "Disable staircase" option is not checked) and of course this is correct.

Now, fact you don't SEE the actual jetway (which IS there in the scenery AFCAD), doesn't have anything to do with GSX of course, perhaps that jetway only displays at the right-most Scenery Complexity setting but you have one notch less than that.

Jetsetter

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 04:50:43 pm »
Hang a minute. Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that gsx ground services was all geared up, singing and dancing specifically for FSX. I have'nt changed anything. Now if the software cannot do a simple task like providing stairs or a jetway, is that my fault, i think not. If I am requested to open a door then I expect either a jetway or air stair to be there. You tell a good technical story about this and that, but to be honest I think it's all bull sh't to baffle you paying customer.

Instead of giving out what might or might not be wrong perhaps some guided helpful advice would be better instead of all this technical cr'p. I purchased your software in good faith, I have a high end pc, I installed your software and updated it. Everything is at default.  I don't expect to have to spend more time trying to get something to work than using it.

If this is your idea of customer support you can keep it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 05:25:40 pm »
Hang a minute. Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that gsx ground services was all geared up, singing and dancing specifically for FSX

It obviously is, what makes you think, from this thread, is not ? Is working perfectly according to its specifications.

Now if the software cannot do a simple task like providing stairs or a jetway, is that my fault, i think not.

Your fault is the failure to understand (or your lack of willingness to learn about it) the explanation.

Please, re-read my message CAREFULLY, and you'll understand why there's no "problem" to speak of.

If I am requested to open a door then I expect either a jetway or air stair to be there.

Again, your mistake is that you you are launching yourself in a judgement, while you obviously lack the basic knowledge about how standard FSX works, and this if of course entirely unrelated to GSX

Now, let's try it again, in a simpler way:

1) The jetway in a default FSX scenery is displayed (or not) REGARDLESS OF GSX.

2) The jetway in FSX is included in the scenery AFCAD, the AFCAD it's a .BGL file that controls the airport. GSX will tell you how that file is named, in case you want to know how to find it. It was APX46180.BGL in your case. This is a default scenery AFCAD.

3) Whether you have GSX installed or not, it won't make ANY DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER TO HOW FSX displays (OR NOT) the jetway

4) The jetway visibility is controlled by the "Scenery Complexity" setting. Again, this doesn't have ANYTHING to do with GSX.

Let's stop here, so you can read and re-read this, and absorb the basic concept:

Nothing in GSX affects if a jetway is displayed by FSX, or if it's animated or not

Now, I hope you are finally clear up to this point. If you aren't, re-read from 1) again, until you finally absorb the first concept:

Nothing in GSX affects if a jetway is displayed by FSX, or if it's animated or not

You got it now ? If yes, let's discuss the GSX interaction:

5) GSX reads the scenery AFCAD, and recognize WHICH parkings have jetways.

6) If a jetway is found (regardless if you SEE IT), the "Parking has a jetway" option will be checked or not.

7) If that option is checked (because a jetway HAS been found), you won't see front stairs, and of course this is how GSX is supposed to work. You CAN change that option, in case you don't WANT a jetway to be used there, a reason for this might be that you don't want to raise your "Scenery Complexity" level too high, because of fps problems. This is YOUR choice.

You tell a good technical story about this and that, but to be honest I think it's all bull sh't to baffle you paying customer.

First, you should moderate your language. Doing that, will only embarrass you even further than you already have right now on this forum, with all your reports of "bugs" that only proved that you either you haven't read the GSX manual about how is supposed to operate, or you lack basic knowledge about how STANDARD FSX works, like the post about you don't even knew what AI were.

Instead of giving out what might or might not be wrong perhaps some guided helpful advice would be better instead of all this technical cr'p.

I obviously haven't discussed about what might be "wrong": you still don't want to understand there's NOTHING wrong to begin with!

- GSX HAS detected a jetway, as shown by the "Parking has a jetway" option, which is CHECKED.

- GSX is not displaying stairs, which is CORRECT, if the above option is CHECKED.

- You don't see the jetway in FSX. Now remember the previous points:

AND

- The jetway display is controlled by the "Scenery Complexity" settings.

AND

- Your "Scenery Complexity" settings is NOT set to the maximum according to your screenshot.

And the solutions is ?

Rise your "Scenery Complexity" setting!!!

Of course, as I've said, this doesn't have ANYTHING TO DO WITH GSX!! You wouldn't be able to see that jetway in any case, regardless if GSX was installed or not, if the "Scenery Complexity" slider is not set at the level requested by that jetway in that scenery.

I purchased your software in good faith, I have a high end pc, I installed your software and updated it. Everything is at default.  I don't expect to have to spend more time trying to get something to work than using it.

You really need to spend a LOT of time learning to use FSX, instead.

If this is your idea of customer support you can keep it.

Just stop here, accept the explanation, which is CORRECT, and it might help you knowing FSX a little bit better, because you demonstrate you NEED to learn more about it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:29:15 pm by virtuali »

Eisbahn

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 06:07:01 pm »
Umberto, your unlimited patience with this person is amazing.
It is unbelievable how little he understands about FSX.

Jetsetter

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 06:21:22 pm »
Look, I'm not interested in what does or does not work and all this technical stuff. It's a game for gods sake not NASA. And I do know how FSX works thank you, but I don't feel I should have to spend time looking into specific technical settings to make something work that Should work out of the box. You made the bl**dy software for FSX, so make it work with FSX, not against it.  If you cannot do that then don't big it up on you home page.

And I am certainly not embarrassed about making a point. And If I don't know something then I ask. I'm sorry but my crystal ball doesn't do unfamiliar abbreviations.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 06:26:55 pm by virtuali »

Jetsetter

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 06:32:18 pm »
Umberto, your unlimited patience with this person is amazing.
It is unbelievable how little he understands about FSX.

Please explain what there is to understand.

1. I fly a 737 in FSX
2. I purchase GSX
3. It works but does not provide an air stair when after I am requested to open the main front passenger door.
4. Why
5. Now if FSX cannot perform this task, fine, I have obviously made a mistake in purchasing this software. But, and this is a big but, if there is a setting that needs to be adjusted somewhere to correct this then please tell me. And not in some term that requires a degree in mathematics please. I'm not thick by any means, but at the same time I'm not a Stephen Hawkins.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 06:33:19 pm »
Look, I'm not interested in what does or does not work and all this technical stuff.

You just proved my point here...

I don't feel I should have to spend time looking into specific technical settings to make something work that Should work out of the box.

This further proves you haven't understood ANYTHING. It would be best for you if you just said "I haven't read your explanation" because, if you read it, and you are still writing this...THAT'S embarrassing...

You made the bl**dy software for FSX, so make it work with FSX, not against it.

As I've said...you don't even know what your are talking about.

And I am certainly not embarrassed about making a point

If would be just better, for your own sake, if you simply said "Ok, understood, I wasn't aware that FSX did that, thank you". But no, you keep insting there's something "wrong" in GSX, when nothing your reported has anything to do with GSX and GSX is working as expected

And If I don't know something then I ask.

You don't. Just look at this thread, which is the living proof of this.

You didn't know that Nothing in GSX affects if a jetway is displayed by FSX, or if it's animated or not, you GOT AN EXPLANATION of this, and you STILL insist it has anything to do with GSX.

There's no point "asking", if you are not interested knowing the truth. It seems, instead, you are only interested making your (wrong) point, rather than learning how to use FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 06:38:09 pm »
Please explain what there is to understand.

THIS:

3. It works but does not provide an air stair when after I requested to open the main front passenger door.

GSX SHOULD NOT display front stairs on a parking equipped with a jetway!!! THIS IS CORRECT!!

Fact you don't see the jetway doesn't have anything to do with GSX. You don't see the jetway because your "Scenery Complexity" level is NOT HIGH ENOUGH!

5. Now if FSX cannot perform this task, fine, I have obviously made a mistake in purchasing this software.

What "software" are you referring to here ? Are you trying to say that it's GSX's fault because you failed to understand that jetways display is NOT RELATED TO GSX, but to the FSX "Scenery Complexity" setting ?

if there is a setting that needs to be adjusted somewhere to correct this then please tell me. And not in some term that requires a degree in mathematics please. I'm not thick by any means, but at the same time I'm not a Stephen Hawkins.

What part of my previous sentence:

Rise your "Scenery Complexity" setting!!!

Is difficult to understand ?

Jetsetter

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 06:39:25 pm »
Why do you keep going on about a jetway. I am talking about some stairs.

'Fact you don't see the jetway doesn't have anything to do with GSX. You don't see the jetway because your "Scenery Complexity" level is NOT HIGH ENOUGH!'

I have proved a screen shot of my scenery. How much higher does it have to be!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 06:41:36 pm by Jetsetter »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 08:04:44 pm »
Why do you keep going on about a jetway. I am talking about some stairs.

Because GSX CORRECTLY DO NOT display stairs if THERE IS A JETWAY!!!! Are trying to say that it would be correct if GSX displayed stairs even on a parking with a jetway ?

I have proved a screen shot of my scenery.

You posted 3 screenshots:

- One that shows a default parking without a jetway, and this doesn't have anything to do with GSX, because FSX will display some jetways ONLY at the highest "Scenery Complexity" levels.

- Another one shows you don't have the "Scenery Complexity" at the highest level, which explains why FSX doesn't display the jetway

- Another one shows that GSX HAS detected the jetway, which "proves" GSX is CORRECT not displaying stairs.

ALL your screenshots "proved" that GSX is working correctly.

How much higher does it have to be!

Maybe the latest notch ? Your screenshot clearly shows your level was less than the maximum.