Author Topic: GSX pushback issues  (Read 4604 times)

D_mitris

GSX pushback issues
« on: May 24, 2013, 05:57:41 am »
I am once again noticing pushback issues affecting my rudder even after disconnecting and being told to release parking brakes and final wave from marshal.
This happens about 1 out of every 10 flights and is getting quite annoying since I really like the pushback option.  GSX is controlling pushback and I am not using the Airbus pushback.

I am currently using the Airbus EXE with latest 1.10 update.  Although I have also noticed this with other aircraft such as when I was using the default 737.
This particular flight was from LIRF to EGLL with the A321 but it also happens with the A320.

It is my understanding that GSX controls the rudder on pushback while AES does not.  Thus, the problem could lie within GSX somewhere such as the rudder control remains and makes it twitch after disconnect and if that isn't bad enough it pulls rudder hard to the right during takeoff which results in an unfortunate aborted takeoff.

For rudder and joystick I am using only the Logitech Extreme 3D pro.   I tried calibrating etc but it all comes back to the flights when I use GSX pushback.

Could it be possible that GSX is not disconnecting from rudder control and it remains even after I am cleared?  Thanks for any help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX pushback issues
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:27:09 am »
Could it be possible that GSX is not disconnecting from rudder control and it remains even after I am cleared?

GSX sets the rudder to the exact same heading your airplane was facing at the end of the pushback, then it release its control over it. The rudder is not controlled separately so, if GSX wasn't releasing the rudder, you wouldn't be able to control the whole airplane.

Since nobody else has ever reported this problem and surely not for other airplanes, it might be possible the Airbus X uses an internal simulation of the rudder control, similar to the Majestic Q400, which uses its own flight model, so there are problems at the end of the pushback, because the two simulations gets out of sync.

To handle the Majestic Q400, we added a variable in GSX that airplane developers can read to know if GSX it's pushing back so, if it's certain that this is indeed the problem, perhaps Aerosoft can patch the Airbus X to read such variable and stop updating its own internal simulation of the rudder (assuming there is one) while the variable is set to indicate GSX is pushing, same as the Majestic Q400 developers are doing to be compatible with GSX pushback.

D_mitris

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 06:24:27 am »
Thanks Umberto,

It appears that Aerosoft says it is a gsx issue and the same does not occur with AES because AES does not take control of the rudder during pushback.  I don't have AES and I believe in GSX so for now I have uninstalled gsx completely and reinstalled to see if this helps.  The fact that nobody else is having this issue puzzles me.  Perhaps a future update where it just pushes straight back would remedy this situation.

Reinstalled gsx and will test. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 10:06:01 am »
It appears that Aerosoft says it is a gsx issue

It surely isn't, otherwise it would appear with any other airplane and of course to any other users too. Have you told to Aerosoft it happens with the Airbus X ONLY, which I assume it's what's happening ?

I don't have AES and I believe in GSX so for now I have uninstalled gsx completely and reinstalled to see if this helps.

I don't thing it will since, as I've said, GSX takes control of SEVERAL things at once, not just rudder control, and it releases all those things together, there's no such thing as a separate control of the rudder in GSX, all items that controls the airplane (which INCLUDE rudder control) are taken and released all together at once, if the problem was GSX not "releasing", you wouldn't had JUST the rudder misbehaving, but lots of other stuff too.

Perhaps a future update where it just pushes straight back would remedy this situation.

You can of course Cancel pushback when the airplane was still straight. This effectively means a straight pushback. Not that this would change much: GSX would release everything that it normally controls while pushing back just the same, whether you canceled the pushback or not.