Author Topic: Slew mode sometimes gets crazy starting the customize vehicle location editor  (Read 6510 times)

WebMaximus

Just started to do some customization for the gates at my airports and the concept is truely great!

However I have a question/problem, sometimes when I start the customize vehicle location editor the slew mode gets completely crazy and start moving my a/c at warp speed all over. Pretty cool in a way though to move at over 50.000 KIAS all over the planet ;) Seem like this often happens if I start the editor a second or third time during the same FSX session. When this happens the only solution seems to be to restart FSX to make the editor work as supposed again.

Is this a known issue and if so is there a fix for it or is it me doing something wrong maybe considering I'm all new to this?
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

Might also add that when the above happens if I press the 'Y' key to exit slew mode this results in the below error message

Looking in the Couatl.err log file this is what it looks like but not sure what to make out of it.

Code: [Select]
couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Thu May 16 12:48:10 2013
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\editor.py", line 51, in <lambda>
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 67, in onSelect
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 35, in activate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 264, in showEditorMark
RuntimeError: attempt to use an invalid SimObject instance

couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Thu May 16 12:49:56 2013
  File "couatl\GSX\editor.py", line 34, in <lambda>
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 59, in onExit
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 370, in parkingEditorDidFinish
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 323, in customizeAirport
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingDialog.py", line 316, in userCustomizeDialog
TypeError: cannot create weak reference to 'NoneType' object

couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Thu May 16 12:52:41 2013

couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Thu May 16 13:07:03 2013
  File "couatl\GSX\editor.py", line 53, in <lambda>
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 67, in onSelect
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 21, in activate
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 365, in parkingEditorWillActivateOnParking
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 581, in prepareGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 838, in setGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 73, in setGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\passengerStairs.py", line 34, in materialize
AssertionError

couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Thu May 16 13:24:25 2013

couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Thu May 16 14:35:30 2013

I have also installed the latest version of the Standalone Addon Manager as suggested in the error message.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
However I have a question/problem, sometimes when I start the customize vehicle location editor the slew mode gets completely crazy and start moving my a/c at warp speed all over.

This has been discussed other times on the forum, and it's a problem caused by the fact your joystick null-zone is not properly set, so as soon as the airplane is set into Slew mode for editing (it has to be like that, so the editing is made using a proper reference point which is not affected by actual airplane weight), the uncalibrated joystick send the airplane warping away at high speed.

It can be fixed either by adjusting the joystick null-zone OR by disabling the joystick before editing the airplane, with the CTRL+K key.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Might also add that when the above happens if I press the 'Y' key to exit slew mode this results in the below error message

This is likely to be happening because you were pressing some of the editing/slew keys too quickly *while* the program was still finishing to generate the vehicles.

Just be sure all vehicles are being drawn before you start to move one.

WebMaximus

Sorry but not sure I'm following you now because when this happens it happens at the very same split second I press the 'Customize vehicle locations' button, I don't even have time start pressing any editing keys but it goes inte this warp speed slew right away.

Then when I press the 'Y' button trying to get out of the slew mode/editor I get the error message posted above.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

However I have a question/problem, sometimes when I start the customize vehicle location editor the slew mode gets completely crazy and start moving my a/c at warp speed all over.

This has been discussed other times on the forum, and it's a problem caused by the fact your joystick null-zone is not properly set, so as soon as the airplane is set into Slew mode for editing (it has to be like that, so the editing is made using a proper reference point which is not affected by actual airplane weight), the uncalibrated joystick send the airplane warping away at high speed.

It can be fixed either by adjusting the joystick null-zone OR by disabling the joystick before editing the airplane, with the CTRL+K key.

OK, great thanks! Didn't see this reply first but I'll try what you suggest :)
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

You were so right Umberto, now it's working like a charm :)

I actaully ended up removing all joystick axis associated with slew mode since I never use slew mode anyway outside of GSX.

Thanks a lot for your both quick and great support !!
Richard Åsberg