Author Topic: how to solve the graphics problem with GSX Ground services?  (Read 4535 times)

turbay

Hello Everyone,

Few days ago I bought the GSX product and found the some objects do not work correctly (only happened to my with the passanger stair). I got some support from FSDT but none of their tipps helped me at all. I updated my video card, reset it, put the HIGHMEMFIX on the FSX-cfg, and nothing works. I have installed all the programs into my notebook just wanted to see how was the reaction, and I still have the same problem.

Two different computers, two different graphic cards (Nvida GTX 650 Ti and the Nvidia GT540M) and same result. How can this be possible? when I turn the Directx on both computer then it works (however, I always play without this since not all add-ons are compatible).  Did someone had a similar problem?

Thanks to all

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: how to solve the graphics problem with GSX Ground services?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 10:29:55 pm »
I can only confirm the problem is solved with one of the following fixes:

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too, that's the only setting that really needs to be applied.

If it still not fixed, perhaps you applied some strange tweaks to your video driver that can't be reset by simply resetting the driver to default and/or reinstalling the driver. You might try a video driver cleaner utility, then a video driver reinstall after cleaning.

Or, it's possible the specific version of your video driver has some kind of uncommon bug, sometimes is not certain the very latest driver it's always the best one, depending on video card, some users have better results with FSX with older drivers. nVidia discussion forums are full of similar issues and suggestions about which driver release is better with a particular card with a specific game.

turbay

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 06:49:17 am »
hello,

thanks for the reply. Why is the reason that I cannot see the passanger stair and all other object have no problem? all other objects work very well, I amd just having problem with only this one. if it would be a graphic problem wouldnt that affect different objects?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:20:59 pm »
It's a video driver bug, and fact that affects just some objects it's because they don't all use the same materials, that's exactly how a video driver bug manifests, because different materials calls different graphic card features. If you had an installation problem, such a missing texture, the objects wouldn't be invisible, but black.